Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 11:08:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds more like you're turning gay than a mid-life crisis.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
At 40 yr/o, I always thought midlife crisis would mean buying that Vet. However I recently have actually been enjoying such things as going to see "The Phantom of the Opera" at the Fox Theater in Atlanta all dressed up and staying in nice hotels like the Crown Plaza with the love of my life ordering room service and having diner in the nude by candle light.

Is this mid-life crisis or is it just having a damn good time?

Whatever floats your boat....but I could really have lived without the whole "...having diner in the nude by candlelight" imagery.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're truly happy, then there's no crisis at all.  

My mid-life crisis (I turn 41 in a few months) hasn't been nearly as fun.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
At 40 yr/o, I always thought midlife crisis would mean buying that Vet. However I recently have actually been enjoying such things as going to see "The Phantom of the Opera" at the Fox Theater in Atlanta all dressed up and staying in nice hotels like the Crown Plaza with the love of my life ordering room service and having diner in the nude by candle light.

Maybe it's just latent homosexuality...

Just kidding...

Sounds like you're having a great time!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Dood... while I did laugh out-loud at your post, you've got to get off this whole "gay" thing. All you see when faced with someone who's different is gay people. Perhaps you should examine your soul a little deeper. You sure you're not a frustrated homo waiting to bust-out?

And ditto the the image of Sweep eating dinner nude...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever floats your boat....but I could really have lived without the whole "...having diner in the nude by candlelight" imagery.

Sheep

Should have mentioned the person sitting across from me is 36-24-34.

Your partner's hormone injections are doing well I see.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Sounds like she needs to gain a couple inches around the butt area.    
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sounds like he works out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Sweep... that was some of the fun stuff that Tweet and I were doing at age 25. Nothing wrong with living it up in the Four Seasons with some theater passes while your woman gets all dolled up Penthouse style.

For a while there, we were doing it every weekend.

Chalk it up to varied and discriminating taste. Mid-life crisis has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

thread/pics/worthless....

Sheep

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dood... while I did laugh out-loud at your post, you've got to get off this whole "gay" thing. All you see when faced with someone who's different is gay people. Perhaps you should examine your soul a little deeper. You sure you're not a frustrated homo waiting to bust-out?

No...I'm not a closet gay, there have just been a lot of threads recently that seem...well...gay.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys.....your comments have really helped me get perspective on my midlife crisis.  i thought I had it bad until I read this crap.....just reminds me that it can always be worse....

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Angel Dust, side A, track 2

Obscure enough?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Where the heck have you been?  Haven't seen you post in a while.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Man, I'm really missing out.

My post divorce mid life crisis involves copious amounts of wild sex with lots of different women.

ETA I feel so empty.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Why does it have to be a "mid life crisis"?  I just chalk it up to having a lot more money than I did in my youth.  I was dead broke when I came out of college.  Then 3 kids came along so I still had no money.  Now I have a little more to play with.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Let me know when you buy the Sebring convertible.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now that's gay!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like you missed the boat already to me. That sounds like something <freaking out> my mother would do. </freaking out>.

Personally, I've been looking at Mustangs and similarly named ranches. Now if I could just remember what this "blow" is.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where the heck have you been?  Haven't seen you post in a while.

...and working as a Heavy Equipment Operator for an international company doing hazardous waste clean up. Sold the chimney sweeping business.

Still in Barrow County?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I always tell my wife to be careful what you touch, you never know what  people have dragged their ass across, you have confirmed my worst fears...  you should feel dirty, very dirty
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#29]
at 38 i figured iam half way to dead that is my mid-life crisis!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You are having a good time, and while you are at it, go buy the Corvette.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Why didnt you just go and suggest a 'Bug convertible?  Ya know...flower pot and all?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top