Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 11:08:19 AM EDT
www.volunteertv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3860060

MAHMOUD MAAWAD, an Egyptian, has been in the United States ILLEGALLY since 1999.   He used a fake SSN to register for school.   Lets take it to the AP for more:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. A federal magistrate has ordered a University of Memphis student held until trial.

Prosecutors say F-B-I agents found an airline pilot's uniform, a chart of Memphis International Airport and instructional D-V-D's. One was titled "How an Airline Captain Should Look and Act."

Mahmoud Maawad is charged with wire fraud and fraudulent use of a Social Security number.

Describing what agents found, Assistant U-S Attorney Steve Parker argued yesterday against releasing Maawad, saying the acts and circumstance of the case are "scary."

Parker said Maawad -- a 29-year-old Egyptian -- has been in the country illegally since 1999 and had used a phony Social Security number to enroll in schools and open a bank account.

Oh, that's nice.   Got himself a pilots uniform and an "How an Airline Captain Should Look and Act" DVD.  (Incidentially, WTF is up with that?  Perhaps its a CIA production, of the flypaper sort, premised on the assumption that NO ONE who orders it is up to any good????).

More here:  www.memphisflyer.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A10148

No word yet of Mr. Maawad's religious affiliation.

The Fifth Column is here.  They're attending our universities, using our banks, and walking around among us.  The WOT is just starting, and my view is that the four year point after 9-11 doesn't mark the end, but only the beginning of the end of the beginning of this war.  

Its only a matter of time before we get hit again.   We are a free and open society, and rightfully refuse to adopt some of the more draconian intrusive government stuff that would absolutely preclude this shit.   So we're going to get hit again, its just a quesiton of WHEN.

In the meantime, can we PLEASE CLOSE THE FUCKING BORDERS?!?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like for MAHMOUD MAAWAD to meet Mr. Lethal Injection technician.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#2]
unbelievable! break out the pliers, guys...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry, right after GWB gives N.O. all our tax dollars he will get right on that whole border problem thing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Repeat after me:
Illegal aliens are just here to make a better life for themselvers and their families.  

Isn't it time to do SOMETHING about our borders?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
It was a Holloween costume, for God's sake.  He had the book to ensure an authentic performance.  Stop making more of this than what it is.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't worry, right after GWB gives N.O. all our tax dollars he will get right on that whole border problem thing.

Cool man.... post 7777... that's gotta mean something.

(That you spend too dang much time on the internet! Like I should talk...)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#8]
MAHMOUD MAAWAD

What about my wad?

Is that like Isheet Madrawerz?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#9]
memphis, huh?

Hmm....

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I have that DVD.  It's invaluable for picking up stewardesses.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#11]
What they need to do is to completely ignore guys like this and keep on taking knitting needles from grandma's and Leatherman tools from hunter types.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Maybe we could get a pool going to guess what it is
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I bet you a dollar,  that he ain't a Baptist.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#15]
His middle name is SWALU  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
MAHMOUD MAAWAD

What about my wad?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Agreed, the Fifth column is indeed here.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#18]
What the fuck?!

Bust this motherfucker in a big way.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take a little of that one too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Repeat after me:
Illegal aliens are just here to make a better life for themselvers and their families.  

Please refer to any illegal immigrants as undocumented citizens.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't worry, remember its the Religion of Peace...I am sure he just wanted to get a jet liner, and fly a bunch of under priviledged kids to Hawaii for a little fun in the sun....

Really...

No really....

Why are you rolling around on the floor laughing?
Well, it might be nice to take Mr. Maawad up in his jetliner to about 30,000 feet, and let Mr. Boot meet Mr. Ass in an open hatch and see if this gentleman can fly....maybe Allah will help him out and sprout him some wings...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take a little of that one too.

Amish.

Who would ever suspect an Amish pilot?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well, it might be nice to take Mr. Maawad up in his jetliner to about 30,000 feet, and let Mr. Boot meet Mr. Ass in an open hatch and see if this gentleman can fly....maybe Allah will help him out and sprout him some wings...

No need for wings, they have magic carpets. They use it for praying and flying.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Damn -I attended that school.
Damn -I live in that town.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Damn -I attended that school.
Damn -I live in that town.

Too late to fix the former, but you can still fix the latter.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Its just a coincidence he has a koran

'Scary' U of M student jailed
Possible terrorism ties under investigation

By Chris Conley
Contact
September 16, 2005
commercialappeal.com/mca/local_news/article/0,1426,MCA_437_4085145,00.html
When FBI agents walked into Mahmoud Maawad's spartan apartment at 3557 Mynders # 5 on Sept. 9, they found a desk, chair, computer and a Koran.

They also found an airline pilot's uniform, a chart of Memphis International Airport, and instructional DVDs, including one called "How an Airline Captain Should Look and Act."

A federal magistrate Thursday ordered Maawad, a 29-year-old University of Memphis student from Egypt, jailed until his trial on charges of wire fraud and fraudulent use of a Social Security number.

"The specific facts and circumstances are scary," Asst. U.S. Atty. Steve Parker said, arguing against Maawad's release.

Since Maawad can't get a Social Security number, "he can't get a pilot's license, and can't go to flight school," Parker said. "But he wants to get behind the wheel of an aircraft."

Parker said "we don't know either way" if Maawad is a terrorist or connected to any terror groups.

U.S. Magistrate Judge S. Thomas Anderson ruled that Maawad be held without bond.

Though it's not illegal to buy aviation material, Anderson noted, "it is hard for the court to understand why he has a large concentration of those items, and nothing else to indicate Mr. Maawad plans to stay in the community."

Maawad has been in the country illegally since 1999, and has used a false Social Security number to enroll in schools and open a bank account, Parker said.

He's been working off-the-books for cash at a North Memphis convenience store, and was arrested by Shelby County sheriff's deputies last spring for selling alcohol to a minor.

Agents are downloading information from Maawad's computer and analyzing materials from his apartment in search of a terrorism connection.

"My school is everything," said Maawad, a clean-shaven man built like a weightlifter. "I stay in this country for seven years; I stay for the school."

Maawad said he's studying science and economics at the U of M.

Since Maawad can't work legally, he told authorities a friend would support him.

When court employees tried to reach that friend, the telephone was disconnected.

Between April and August, the penniless student ordered $3,000 in aviation materials, DVDs titled "Ups and Downs of Takeoffs and Landings," "Airplane Talk," "Mental Math for Pilots" and "Mastering GPS Flying," FBI agent Thad Gulczynski testified.

He also ordered a pilot's coat and hat, and a chart of the Memphis airport terminal area from Spotty's USA in San Diego.

When the company didn't receive payment on $2,500 worth of merchandise it had delivered, officials called the FBI, which launched an investigation, Gulczynski said.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Memphis, huh?
Makes me wonder if that uniform is of the type used by FedEx.
Memphis is thier home hub.

Time to feed this Koran thumper to the general population of the local jail, or better yet a Federal Facility.
He'll be singin in no time.

DaddyDett

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Can you say 'bamboo slivers under the fingernails?'  Sure you can.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quit being a jerkoff. We all know it's another damned Methodist.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#30]
We've got foreigners using their money to get worthless degrees from US publicly-funded schools.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#31]
When the company didn't receive payment on $2,500 worth of merchandise it had delivered, officials called the FBI, which launched an investigation, Gulczynski said.

Notice nobody in the company gave a shit who he was or what he was doing until they didn't get their money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0345475682/102-8716473-9708918?v=glance

PS-Tom Diaz (one of the authors) is a creepy, liberal anti-gun prick and flunky of the "Violence Policy Center." I was 1/2 way through this book before I caught on that it was the same guy. Still a good write up of how Hezbollah operates in the US and how changes in how the Justice Dept operates carried out because of changes made by a Clinton appointee made it more difficult for the Justice Department to operate.

Yes, which, for my money, makes it seem more likely to be reliable.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Repeat after me:

And any looters as undocumented shoppers, and any rapists as undocumented boyfriends.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Its just a coincidence he has a koran

'Scary' U of M student jailed
Possible terrorism ties under investigation

By Chris Conley
Contact
September 16, 2005
commercialappeal.com/mca/local_news/article/0,1426,MCA_437_4085145,00.html

He's been working off-the-books for cash at a North Memphis convenience store, and was arrested by Shelby County sheriff's deputies last spring for selling alcohol to a minor.

Anyone who knowingly hires illegal aliens should be jailed.

(+ he should have been deported or jailed when arrested for the alcohol violation)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Repeat after me:

hijackers are now referred to as "non-requested navigators".
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Amish.

Who would ever suspect an Amish pilot?

hey wait... wouldn't that mean....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#38]
What gets me is this
"When the company didn't receive payment on $2,500 worth of merchandise it had delivered, officials called the FBI, which launched an investigation, Gulczynski said."

The company that sold him the materials were all about selling them to him, until he failed to pay, then they contacted the FBI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top