Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:03:39 AM EDT
I just graduated from nursing school and selected the best local hospital to work in. I started there on august the 12th and I love it. They just sent me a letter to stop by HR and pick up my graduation gift next friday. An I-pod mini, i-tunes card and a gift certificate to a local spa (prolly give that away). I love my job!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#1]
interesting personel lure
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It was never mentioned in my interview, totally out of the blue.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was never mentioned in my interview, totally out of the blue.

for retention then
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
RN?

LPN?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I am a LPN, but im going back to school to be a RN after I work at my hospital for 1 yr. They give me tuition money after the first year.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Please make sure you go back.

I graduated from LVN school in 1995.  I intended to go back to school right away.  Life happens, as it does to everyone, and I fucked around for years.

I just graduated with my RN - 10 years later.  

Talk with some of your fellow LVNs and ask them - many will tell you the same thing, how they planned to go back right away and 90% didn't.  

Oh, and cool about the i-pod mini.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am a LPN, but im going back to school to be a RN after I work at my hospital for 1 yr. They give me tuition money after the first year.

Cool.

I'm looking at an LPN program at a CC now, with the ladder to RN right after that.

It will take a few years to complete it but I have to take steps now before my current work field collapses completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top