Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 3:18:48 AM EDT
Don't know what the correct forum for this is, so here goes...

Does anyone know what it takes to make a functional, legal semi-auto from the Suomi kits?  Centerfire has a special where you get one for $20 if you buy any other type kit at regular price.

I wouldn't have cared to make one before, but $20 is virtually nothing for everything but the receiver.

Also, does any of you ever buy kits like this (that might not even be legally buildable), just for collector purposes or whatever reason, and just leave them sit around unbuilt, just to know that you got one while you could?  I can forsee the day that the importation of parts kits will be completely banned, and a lot of people will look back and wish they had picked more AK and other exotic kits.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
where do you see this at?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, i got a skorpion, mk 2 sten, and a krink parts kit sitting around for shits and giggles. i know they make semi-auto plans for the sten but i've never heard of one for the suomi...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:57:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
where do you see this at?

$19.97 Suomi Kits

I don't know, I wouldn't want to build it if I can't do it legally.  I just can't help but think that someday, even 100 years from now, SOMEONE may benefit from it if I buy a $20 subgun kit now, for whatever reason they need/want it for.  You know?  Even if it can't be sold later on, it could become priceless.

I can't machine anything so I can't make a receiver anyways.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Weaponeer.net did a group buy on these a while back- there is a thread running over thee on where to get the semi-auto recievers (I want to say they'll run you about $180 for an 80%).  Not sure what else is involved.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:12:32 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah, unfortunately, right now there are no provisions to build your own subguns legally. used to be, but no more. but things change, and if enough gun crazed voters got together to reinstate this, it could be done in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#7]
So, in general, can you take a receiver such as that, weld it up into a non-MG type receiver and use it that way?  Ignore the US parts count issue, for now, for purposes of discussion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So, in general, can you take a receiver such as that, weld it up into a non-MG type receiver and use it that way?  Ignore the US parts count issue, for now, for purposes of discussion.

I've been thinking about this.  They have an 80% receiver here:

www.prexis.com/sten/39.htm

It is a fucking crime that we can't import machine-guns into this country.  I didn't even think of the parts count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top