Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:03:46 PM EDT
Not sure if this is okay in this forum, but we need more buyers of the SEAK (Special Edition AK) to make it happen for us.

Check it out if you are interested.  I am not a seller, just a buyer who really wants this rifle.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=74980
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry but I'm not gonna join any more group buys with ORF.  Takes too long if it ever happens at all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
bump for weekend crew.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
ORF isnt building anything.  Just supplying parts.  InRange is doing the actual builds, and Troy is excellent.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
My SEAK came with the rusty finish upgrade, and my WASR which I ordered the same time had it worse.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Then you should have sent them back and asked for gunkote.  ORF is pretty good about returns.  However they arent building anything this time around.  Just supplying parts.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Then you should have sent them back and asked for gunkote.  ORF is pretty good about returns.  However they arent building anything this time around.  Just supplying parts.  

look you can cheerlead for them all you want but they flat out lost me as a customer with their mp 5 "group buy" shenanigans.  I'm sure they don't care but I do.  I had to send my first SEAK back twice to get it to run right both times on my dime.  They run a sloppy business and I'm done with them.  I'm not exactly the only one either.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They were both good guns besides the finish.  They told me to wash them in soapy water, or I could pay for shipping to have them wash them in soapy water.  They did not offer gun kote at the time.  I sent the WASR to CCR for gun kote and washed the SEAK.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

look you can cheerlead for them all you want but they flat out lost me as a customer with their mp 5 "group buy" shenanigans.  I'm sure they don't care but I do.  I had to send my first SEAK back twice to get it to run right both times on my dime.  They run a sloppy business and I'm done with them.  I'm not exactly the only one either.

Mine still wont run through a whole mag without double feeding or worse.  Even after I followed their advice and "just use it for a while, itll get better".
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine still wont run through a whole mag without double feeding or worse.  Even after I followed their advice and "just use it for a while, itll get better".

Didn't they also build the original SEAKs with the wrong extractor?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to bail on the SEAK. I had to have my brakes done, then I had to buy an FN PBR.

Sometimes life just deals you one blow after the other.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Any of you have any exp. with In Range, or are you just talking about ORF?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I was in on the whole idea from the beginning..I just didn't know it was gonna go from the talking stage to the let's collect money and build it in a month stage. I'd love to buy one, but I already commited to the SEBR. If it was a month or two apart...I'd be all in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Instead of participating in the group buy I just bought a parts kit.

$540 vs. $850 and all I need to do is get a receiver and assemble it? Plus I'm not into the special engraving and I think SEAK is a goofy acronym.

But that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't they also build the original SEAKs with the wrong extractor?

Yup, mine was one of those.  Don't get me wrong it's a great AK and I love it now that it works but I really don't think I'd do it again.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I thought they merged into one shop, didn't they?  I might be totally talking out of my ass but that was the understanding I had.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought they merged into one shop, didn't they?  I might be totally talking out of my ass but that was the understanding I had.

They're 2 separate entities. ORF looks to be a sinking ship, INRANGE has a sterling reputation and is well in business as far as I know.

The ORF Apologists (including a site staff member ) will be in shortly to defend and counter-accuse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top