Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 9:59:12 PM EDT
I'm having a horrible time with a client.  He has fabricated a document and has claimed that I have done it.  He is emailing this document to every colleage or client I have had.  Any advice?

Patty
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
um...just hit him with a baseball bat...arf///
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
As I said earlier. 2 to the chest 1 to the head.

But im trying to think of the technical name and me thinks you could own his ass when its over. Lemme do some digging.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Lawsuit. It's the only way people listen.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot
Shovel
STFU
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm drunk off my ass.

It has taken me a great deal of consitration to type this so just kill him and be done with it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Patty, try and beat him to the punch so to speak.  You should email your clients and advise them on what is going on.  Let them know this guy is a liar , a snake and a fraud.  Just be tactfull, they know  you  and what kind of person you are,  that could be a start.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Good advice here....

Slander was the word I was looking for. Sue his monkey ass and buy more guns.

Quoted:
Patty, try and beat him to the punch so to speak.  You should email your clients and advise them on what is going on.  Let them know this guy is a liar , a snake and a fraud.  Just be tactfull, they know  you  and what kind of person you are,  that could be a start.  

Good luck.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it true?

If not sue for slander, def of character and conspiricy to commit fraud. just a thought.

Oh, deny everything admit to nothing. Play the consumate diplomat.

I'm to lazy to correct my spelling.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
sober?

Sorry, nevermind

Good luck kiddo

GM
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
As I said earlier. 2 to the chest 1 to the head.

But im trying to think of the technical name and me thinks you could own his ass when its over. Lemme do some digging.

"2 to the chest and 1 to the head"?  Mozambique  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
is this the same fuckwad who forged your signature on the breeding papers and then stopped payment on the check he wrote you? You really need to kick that M-F in the balls.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#12]
need a lot more info before I can even speculate... Of course, the best advice I can give is to seek the counsel of a reputable atty in your locale.

I'm far from sober but depending on the law in your area, you may have potential claims for tortious interference with prospective economic advantage or defamation (some jurisdictions more particularly identify this as libel or slander but the common law difference has been abolished in IL) Generally, libel is written and slander is spoken. Truth ia an absolute defense to either.

In any case, MUCH more info is needed...your best bet, if you have actually suffered damage, is to see an attorney licensed where you are located for starters. If i had more info, I could at least outline your potential remedies a little better.

p.s., you're hot!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you everyone.  Yes this is the same guy that forged the document.  Evidently it didn't stop there.  I will talk with my attorney tomorrow.  I don't have a lot of money and I doubt although he has embarrassed me that he will hurt my business any.  The majority of the people he's contacted are my web clients and show people who are not associated with the hunting aspect of the breed.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 on the lawsuit. Don't forget to seek damages from lost income.

Also check with the local PD on the forged documents.

Good Luck!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Dogs can be trained but you ran into one of those people that can't even be potty trained.  I think you're right.  Very small potential for damage unless he can get to all your potential clients (doesn't seem like he can).  Your attorney will know you can't put up big bucks but can help decide if it's worthwhile to bite him for you.  Sorry about the distress something like this brings to you though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:47:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you 4forget.  I think a letter from an attorney should put an end to it.  Its ashame that this has to happen right before I leave for a big trial [dog trial] but I'll put it behind me soon enough.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#17]
There is nothing quite like the shame a man will feel by
having the shit beat out of him by a tall woman.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
There is nothing quite like the shame a man will feel by
having the shit beat out of him by a tall woman.

Fell like holding him down for me?   Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top