Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 7:17:42 PM EDT
I get this from an email list I subscribe to for Libertarians:
--------

LLP Readers,

In a stealth opinion handed down last Friday, appeals court judge Micheal Luttig upheld the indefinite detainment of a United States Citizen!  Jose Padilla was arrested without a warrant almost 3 years ago and is still rotting in an NC naval brig.  All the startling facts about this unjustified and illegal arrest are available at the legal redux for your consideration and comment.  Be sure to check out both part 1 and part 2 of the analysis.  

The more people are aware of injustice, the more likely injustice can be stopped. If we do not at least know the facts, who will stop our government when other US citizens -- you and I -- are illegally detained?  Please be informed and fight back.

Pax Vobiscum,
ch

Cody Herche
[email protected]
http://ledux.blogspot.com
-----------

My response to Cody:
--------------

You'll get few tears shed from me over the fate of Dirty Bomber Boy. I hope he rots like week-old tuna.

You can't stretch his misdeeds into me being locked up in some dystopian future Amerika because I am too Jewish-looking.

There is a common-sense limit to Libertarianism. I am unwilling to pursue it where it mis-serves my nation's best interests.

Nick Horianopoulos
"underwhelmed" at Libercontrarian
---

What's the deal with all the people who think that Padilla isn't getting what he deserves? Don't you forego your citizenship when you leave the country, actively train in another nation's army, plot against your homeland, renounce your citizenship (I'm sure he did this in the AQ training camp he attended, it's probably in the first chapter in "Terrorist Asshole Beliefs 101"), and return with the idea to murder several thousand of his countrymen with a radiological bomb?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda O.T. He threw away his given name long ago and took up a muslim name, yet the old media (and probably the new media) insist on using the non-muslim name in every news story.

Keep the muslim maniac locked up forever with no chargers. I really don't care.

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top