Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/15/2005 7:06:38 PM EDT
This guy is seriously messed up in his head. It's a long article, so  I only pasted the first part.

www.startribune.com/stories/467/5616664.html

HAYWARD, WIS. – In an emotional end to the trial of Chai Soua Vang, he testified this afternoon that three of the hunters he killed deserved to die.

Vang, charged with killing six hunters and wounding two others in a confrontation over trespassing last November, testified that two of the hunters deserved to die because they called him names.

"Why did Mr. [Robert] Crotteau deserve to die?" asked Wisconsin Attorney General Peg Lautenschlauger, the lead prosecutor.

"Because he was the one who confronted me and called me names, and that's who he is," said Vang, 36, of St. Paul.

Regarding Crotteau's son Joseph, 20, Vang said he deserved to die "because he accused me of giving him the finger and tried to cut in front of me to stop me from leaving."

Allan Laski deserved to die because he had a gun, Vang said. He acknowledged that the Crotteaus did not have guns, or at least he did not see them with guns. Elsewhere in Vang's testimony he said he believed he had to shoot all the hunters there because they might be running to get guns to come after him.

Vang's testimony this afternoon left both his family and members of the victims' families looking tearful and stunned.

Later, in an unexpected show of grief and emotion, Vang's mother, Sao Vang, issued a statement outside the courthouse in which she thanked the community of Hayward and law enforcement for their kindness and extended her condolences to the families of the victims.

"I join you in your grief and will mourn your loss for the rest of my life," she said in a statement read by her granddaughter Kia Vang, who is the daughter of Chai Vang.

Soa Vang stood by her side with tears in her eyes. She had her granddaughter read for her because she does not speak English. The family met with reporters after a tearful conversation with Chai Vang in the courtroom after the jury was excused.

Vang and several of his children cried as he spoke to them in Laotian, and at one point he dropped to his knees. Family members said he was praying.

Earlier, Vang testified that the deer hunters surrounded him, yelled at him and that one fired a rifle at him before he returned fire.

While admitting that he only saw one of the hunters holding a gun during the initial confrontation, he said he shot others as they scrambled to get away because he was afraid they were running to get guns and to get help so they could hunt him down.

"Now Mr. Vang, at the time this was all going on, what were you thinking?" asked defense attorney Jonathan Smith.

Vang replied: "I'm afraid, scary. Are they after me? Are they coming to shoot me? I was afraid for my life."

Vang said he was acting in self defense, although prosecutors say this is belied by the fact that all but one of the hunters was unarmed and because Vang didn't try to contact authorities afterward, and didn't mention the fatal confrontation when he ran into other hunters.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
ride the lightning little buddy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Death is too good for this cocksucking sadistic freak. I hope the little psychotic fucker gets a few visits from Bubba in prison before they finally break every bone in his body.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Duped you own topic www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=390350

Crap, that's what happens with slow dialup and a browser which appeared to hang.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Vang doesnt sound terribly different than some arfcom posts I've seen
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yup.  I'm definitely in agreement with that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I forget the details of who was shot when, is he the only one providing details of what happened in the initial encounter?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess the guy(s) he shot in the back were going for weapons to assault him with.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
looks like this asshole is gonna get what he deserved for killing a buncha other assholes.

you run your fucking mouth you better be prepared for anything that follows.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
looks like this asshole is gonna get what he deserved for killing a buncha other assholes.

+1
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Elsewhere in Vang's testimony he said he believed he had to shoot all the hunters there because they might be running to get guns to come after him.

Ya they're assholes and deserved to be shot.

WTF is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ummmm...what?

So....now I can kill people for mouthing off to me?

<---runs off to polish jack-boots.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I was always told "Dont let your mouth write checks that your ass cant cash."

A group of hunters surround one armed guy and start calling him names and psuhing him around.....did you expect this situation to end in a good way?  I say both parties are at fault.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Vang, charged with killing six hunters and wounding two others in a confrontation over trespassing last November, testified that two of the hunters deserved to die because they called him names.

Oh poor Vang, he was "dishonored". Vang deserved to get shot because he was trespassing while armed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ummmm...what?

Sheep

I'm not justifing Vangs actions.  I condemn them greatly.

But we as educated, mature adults, we should know that there are people running around that aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Come to the Bronx, and start calling people names.   Your likely to see the same results
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#17]
buncha fucking white trash assholes running their mouths at this guy by himself then going after him and taking a shot at him (yeah, i believe that happened from the stories i read last year). he turned around and went after them and shot anyone who got in his way, armed or not. oh well, you go to a gunfight you oughta show up armed. a whole lotta stupidity happened that day and no one should be surprised at the outcome. everyone got what they were looking for and it's left for the families to pick up the pieces.

what would have happened if they'd said, "hey bud, this is posted property. you have to leave now."? that's what a friend and i did when we found hunters on his land.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
what would have happened if they'd said, "hey bud, this is posted property. you have to leave now."? that's what a friend and i did when we found hunters on his land.

Vang is Hmong (not sure about the spelling). They're a proud people with nothing to be proud about so they lash out at those who are superior to them at the slightest provocation. It's the same with ghetto people.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vang is Hmong (not sure about the spelling). They're a proud people with nothing to be proud about so they lash out at those who are superior to them at the slightest provocation. It's the same with ghetto people.

No.  He was just a crazy armed fucking ashole
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Vang's first story to the police was that one of the hunters killed the others and then handed the gun to Vang.  The other testimony has been that the only shot fired from the other hunters was by one of the survivors using the dead mans gun.  The testimony is that that shot caused Vang to finally run off.  I have listened to the trial a little and have heard no testimony that the group of hunters called Vang any names.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#21]
The victims made this monster lose face.  To him, that was the ultimate insult and just provocation for killing the white hunters.  It is a cultural thing that few of us really understand well.

I think he is a seriously sick and sadistic monster who richly deserves to be executed...painfully if at all possible.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Death is too good for this cocksucking sadistic freak. I hope the little psychotic fucker gets a few visits from Bubba in prison before they finally break every bone in his body.

We can only prey!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#23]
man, reading my shit i see i was being really harsh. this was a fucking tragedy of the first order. none of these people had to die or deserved to die...it was one stupid thing leading to another stupid thing leading to this fucktard probably getting the needle cuz he got mad/scared/crazy/stupid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

We'll now, if Vang was the one being tresspassed against, I'd agree with that post.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ummmm...what?

Sheep

I'm not justifing Vangs actions.  I condemn them greatly.

But we as educated, mature adults, we should know that there are people running around that aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Come to the Bronx, and start calling people names.   Your likely to see the same results

I've been to the Bronx.  Thanks, but you can keep it.  I had enough of big city living back when I ran a beat for the Chicago Housing Authority Police.

My response was directed at Hardcorps1775.  I was a thrown off by his post, seeing most of the stuff I've read from him has been pretty level-headed.

Still...there is something to be said for legalizing Dueling again.

Sheep

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I don't know how things are in Britain, but in the USA, you can't just kill someone for calling you names.

Of course, in Britain, it wouldn't be too big of a problem, due to the fact that "subjects" are not allowed to own firearms.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know how things are in Britain, but in the USA, you can't just kill someone for calling you names.

Of course, in Britain, it wouldn't be too big of a problem, due to the fact that "subjects" are not allowed to own firearms.

No, but they can have air rifles that can leave a nasty welt.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but they can have air rifles that can leave a nasty welt.

Yep... and let's not forget about those combat axes!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

A group of hunters surround one armed guy and start calling him names and psuhing him around.....did you expect this situation to end in a good way?  I say both parties are at fault.

Jimeny Crickets!!!

That is the assertion that this murdering scumbag has made.

There is not ONE SHRED of evidence to support that supposition. The lone survivor tells a much different story.

And that STILL does not explain why he shot two people heading AWAY from him on 4 wheelers who WERE NOT PRESENT for the initial supposed confrontation and who posed him NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST THREAT!!!

Some of you folks obviously have not been paying attention to this story from the getgo.

This Vang is a lying, murdering sack of scum.

Lets hope that if a similar scumbag finds his way into your house and manages to kill 6 of your loved ones that the people on ARFCOM will have better sense than to blame YOU for it all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  I'm definitely in agreement with that.

Agree to that as well, and they don't seem to notice either.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
buncha fucking white trash assholes running their mouths at this guy by himself then going after him and taking a shot at him (yeah, i believe that happened from the stories i read last year).

Are you serious????

he turned around and went after them and shot anyone who got in his way, armed or not. oh well, you go to a gunfight you oughta show up armed. a whole lotta stupidity happened that day and no one should be surprised at the outcome. everyone got what they were looking for and it's left for the families to pick up the pieces.

Holy shit.

That is quite possibly the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard.

NEWSFLASH: Self defense does NOT entail shooting everyone who "gets in your way". It involves stopping a threat, and if the people he shot posed no threat (which FIVE people did not under the most charitable interpretation of events for that scum-sucking Vang) then it is MURDER.

How in hell do you know that ISN'T what happened? Because the son of a bitch SHOT EVERYBODY AT THE SCENE. And further, to believe him in the FIRST PLACE, you would have to take the word of someone who has no problems with shooting FIVE UNARMED PEOPLE WHO POSED HIM NO THREAT.

Where I come from, we call believing what the damn murdering criminal said to be STUPID.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Vang's first story to the police was that one of the hunters killed the others and then handed the gun to Vang.  The other testimony has been that the only shot fired from the other hunters was by one of the survivors using the dead mans gun.  The testimony is that that shot caused Vang to finally run off.  I have listened to the trial a little and have heard no testimony that the group of hunters called Vang any names.  

Bingo.

The guy got pissed off and decided that the rifle in his hands was his way to get even.

Simple as that.

Hang the sucker now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

with that analogy, in my personal opinion, he had a right to defend himself.

Key word to me "group of hunters" and this vang guy being a single person.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
man, reading my shit i see i was being really harsh.

No kidding.

this was a fucking tragedy of the first order.

No, it was murder. Tragedies aren't really anyone's fault. This one we can definately pin on the actions of a single jackass.

none of these people had to die or deserved to die...

Indeed.

it was one stupid thing leading to another stupid thing leading to this fucktard probably getting the needle cuz he got mad/scared/crazy/stupid.

One guy got pissed off and decided that 7 people ought to die because they pissed him off.

That is classical sociopathic behavior.

Someone like this needs to be culled from the heard immediately.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#35]
If anyone ever deserved the death penalty...this guy does.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Four of the six who were killed were shot in the back.  Court TV said Vang is charged with six counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder, but there were only 8 hunters.  Six dead and two survivors, so how can there be three counts of attempted murder?  The testimony and contention on the State is that Vang tried to kill one person and failed. He later saw that person standing up and said "You are still alive?"  and shot at him again.  Two attempted murders against one person.  So tell me that is self defense.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Key word to me "group" and this vang guy being a single person.

There was NO self defense involved by Vang. None.

Setting aside for the moment that the murdering scum lied about what happened from moment one, there is NO evidence WHATSOEVER of any shot fired at him by the lone person in posession of a rifle, which is what he claims was his justification for shooting in the first place.

Further, even if we give him a pass on the death of that one rifle toter, it STILL does not explain or justify him CHASING DOWN AND SHOOTING THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO WERE FLEEING FROM THE SCENE, OR THE TWO PEOPLE WHO HE PASSED HEADING AWAY FROM THE SCENE THAT WERE NOT EVEN THERE FOR THE FIRST INCIDENT!!

It is VERY simple to see what happened here. The jackass decided to shoot and not leave any witnesses. His one mistake was not making sure that the one survivor who DID manage to fire a shot in self defense wasn't dead.

I am willing to bet that there is evidence of that hunter's rifle being fired exactly ONCE, which fits the survivor firing the weapon to chase away this homicidal maniac.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

One guy got pissed off and decided that 7 people ought to die because they pissed him off.

That is classical sociopathic behavior.

Someone like this needs to be culled from the heard immediately.

That's the bottom line right there.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If anyone ever deserved the death penalty...this guy does.

Amen.

And he deserves it as nasty as we can serve it up. This was cold blooded murder pure and simple. This asshole (pardon my language) just decided that if he killed everybody, he wouldn't get in trouble.

F*ck him.

Take him out back of the courthouse and put a 230 grain hollowpoint in the back of his skull.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#40]
If I remember correctly that guy was tresspassing and he shot people who were asking him to leave their property.

I say we should use him for 'balistics testing' but that's just me.

Electric chair if you are the humane type.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he said so?  His story has changed at least 3 times.  So those rednecks all got what they deserved being executed as they hid?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Tough lesson, if ya start something with an armed man, be prepared for what may happen, they weren't prepared.

All depends who you believe, if they did start shit with him and fired a shot in his direction while he was leaving, then I really don't feel sorry for them. You poke a hornets nest, expect to get stung. Not that the murders were right, but right has nothing to do with walking away alive from situations.

Reminds me of a time when I was out shooting in a desert area alone and a group of people (POS gangbanger types more like it) showed up while I was downrange setting up my targets. One of the assholes shoots off a round and it sounded like it was in my direction. I had my AR strapped over my shoulder (with full mag) which I whipped around and pointed at them and started yelling "You wanna fucking play homies, lets' play!", I was prepared to kill every one of the bastards at that point, gun in hand or not, but instead I grabbed my shit and left but I was extremely close to going Vang on these cockroaches.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Tough lesson, if ya start something with an armed man, be prepared for what may happen, they weren't prepared.

All depends who you believe, if they did start shit with him and fired a shot in his direction while he was leaving, then I really don't feel sorry for them. You poke a hornets nest, expect to get stung. Not that the murders were right, but right has nothing to do with walking away alive from situations.

Reminds me of a time when I was out shooting in a desert area alone and a group of people (POS gangbanger types more like it) showed up while I was downrange setting up my targets. One of the assholes shoots off a round and it sounded like it was in my direction. I had my AR strapped over my shoulder (with full mag) which I whipped around and pointed at them and started yelling "You wanna fucking play homies, lets' play!", I was prepared to kill every one of the bastards at that point, gun in hand or not, but instead I grabbed my shit and left but I was extremely close to going Vang on these cockroaches.

You people are giving a trespassing murderer FAR too much credit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Key word to me "group" and this vang guy being a single person.

There was NO self defense involved by Vang. None.

Setting aside for the moment that the murdering scum lied about what happened from moment one, there is NO evidence WHATSOEVER of any shot fired at him by the lone person in posession of a rifle, which is what he claims was his justification for shooting in the first place.

Further, even if we give him a pass on the death of that one rifle toter, it STILL does not explain or justify him CHASING DOWN AND SHOOTING THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO WERE FLEEING FROM THE SCENE, OR THE TWO PEOPLE WHO HE PASSED HEADING AWAY FROM THE SCENE THAT WERE NOT EVEN THERE FOR THE FIRST INCIDENT!!

It is VERY simple to see what happened here. The jackass decided to shoot and not leave any witnesses. His one mistake was not making sure that the one survivor who DID manage to fire a shot in self defense wasn't dead.

I am willing to bet that there is evidence of that hunter's rifle being fired exactly ONCE, which fits the survivor firing the weapon to chase away this homicidal maniac.

it also sticks to his they shot at me so I defended myself story.
any way this works out in court, it's everyone there who was at fault. again, just opinion.

I wouldn't go ganging up on me in the woods were I armed , some would I guess.

anyway, this is all opinion and we won't know til the gavel is dropped.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
any way this works out in court, it's everyone there who was at fault. again, just opinion.

I consider the survivor's testimony FAR MORE RELIABLE than the testimony of the murdering sack of slime who shot lots of unarmed and non-threatening people.

We know NOW what is being presented in the trial.

We know Vang lied repeatedly.

We know that he shot SEVERAL unarmed people, even people who weren't there to "gang up on him" in the first place.

We know enough to know that he is a murdering scumbag that ought to be put to death.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he said so?  His story has changed at least 3 times.  So those rednecks all got what they deserved being executed as they hid?

I'm not making any judgements one way or the other, only how i would react in the same situation.

a group of hunters (usually armed) confronted the man, a shot was fired from one of those hunters guns (when we'll probably never know) BUT if it was to "chase" the man away after he was walking with his back turned, I'd have turned ansd shot til I thought the threat was gone. right or wrong, I'll be tried by 12, not carried by 6.

this is of course just me, I can not and can't/won't speak for anyone else.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I consider the survivor's testimony FAR MORE RELIABLE than the testimony of the murdering sack of slime who shot lots of unarmed and non-threatening people.

We know NOW what is being presented in the trial.

We know Vang lied repeatedly.

We know that he shot SEVERAL unarmed people, even people who weren't there to "gang up on him" in the first place.

We know enough to know that he is a murdering scumbag that ought to be put to death.

and we're all entitled to our opinions
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You people are giving a trespassing murderer FAR too much credit.

With the passage of enough time, the criminal becomes the hero.    What a sorry lot of idiots some of you are.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Good grief!  He says right in his testamony that the reason they needed to die was because they called him names and that's who they were.  I can't believe anyone here would get behind a man who admits to killing people cause they "were mean to me".  Nor can I understand taking the word of a man who has altered his story numerous times and makes a claim that flys in the face of simple logic.  That a group of hunters with a single BA rifle decided to fire on a man with a visible semiauto and then proceeded to flee from him and allow themselves to be executed because they were unprepared for him to return fire.

He murders a woman on an ATV (if I remember right) and then proceeds to simply walk away from the scene.  One man survives and tells his story and there are people here who are going to take Vang's account over the word of the man, with no record of violence or law breaking, evicting a tresspasser who was apparently known for some legal issues.

Amazing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#50]
i really hope they acquit (sp?).
after all, there ain't no death penalty up there.  if he's found "not guilty", then REAL justice can be dispensed:  big, tall tree and a short piece of rope  that is, AFTER his limbs are shot off inch by inch
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top