Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:51:52 PM EDT
So many choices up there........resorts, bed and breakfasts..............what's  a guy to do?

What exactly is a "bed and breakfast" vs.  a typical resort?  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
This is next summers vacation right?  Its probably already snowed up there at least once this year

Dont miss the fort on the mainland, more interesting history IMHO, the massacre and all
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
No, stupid a$$ me is planning this NEXT weekend!!  Plan on flying her up from Mid-Michigan to the island (friend of mine has a small plane he'll let me borrow), so plan on flying us in and then staying a couple nights.  

Just looking for something quiet, cozy, romantic , etc.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, stupid a$$ me is planning this NEXT weekend!!  Plan on flying her up from Mid-Michigan to the island (friend of mine has a small plane he'll let me borrow), so plan on flying us in and then staying a couple nights.  

vmax84

So Visiting places where lots of Brit Soldiers got their heads bashed in, and seeing Robert Rodgers(Of ranger fame) Pool table is not high on the list LOL
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

vmax84

So Visiting places where lots of Brit Soldiers got their heads bashed in, and seeing Robert Rodgers(Of ranger fame) Pool table is not high on the list LOL

At this point, I'm keeping all options open!!  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody know about the Harbour View Inn on the island?  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:57:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Being post-season, you may be able to get something for this comming weekend.  Harbor View is nice.  Go for a bike ride around the island.  Hit the pubs - the Oyster bar place is my personal favorite.  You might have more input if you post this in the Michigan forum.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the Grand Hotel still open?  Nice place, rent "Somewhere in Time" before you go.  The cabin with the history of Dr. Beaumont and the gutshot Frenchman is cool if you're into gross medical stuff.  Hard to go wrong on Mackinaw.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
  Do you like to people watch ?. Get a street side room at the Lilac Tree Hotel. Right there on mainstreet. It has balcony rooms where you can watch all the fudge eaters walk by.  Lot's of fun, my wife and girl's favorite.

The rooms are nice too. Most hotel up there are pretty modest. You go to the Grand Hotel for the service. not the rooms.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I started to take my wife up to spend a few nights in the Grand Hotel last year.
(She's a big fan of Somewhere in Time, with Christopher Reeve.)

It was still open then, and had a webpage.

Rooms started at $550 per night!

I was still going to take her, but I had waited until a few weeks before our vacation date, and it was summer.
There was some kind of boat race going on, and it was booked for weeks in advance.

I bet it would be beautiful up there when the leaves start to change.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't know we had a Michigan forum.  

I fly all over Michigan. but rarely go anywhere in the car.  Fly all over the place, see everything from the air, but never seem to experience different places on the ground.  

Thanks for the help.

vmax84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top