Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:39:27 PM EDT
I was looking for a set of dogtags to mark the SECs final resting place when he goes. Inside of a couple of days, 2 sets showed up at my place.

Unbelievable.

I mentioned coming to visit my family in MA. I was invited by 2 Arfcommers to meet, 1 for a beer, the other for a cuppa Joe aalong the way.

I've now met 2 of you guys.

Pretty neat!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I've had some good expierences meeting people from here aswell.

I'm in the process of moving to a free-er state, and one of the fine members of this website took about 2 hours of their time to show me the town/state.  Thanks again!

John
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a lot of great people on this site. Much better than other sites I have been to.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Pic,

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you this afternoon.  Hopefully I can find a match for us this weekend.

Derek
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
it is a good place. I've liked almost everyone I've met anyway.......and that's saying something for me.........
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
it is a good place. I've liked almost everyone I've met anyway.......and that's saying something for me.........

Same here. I've met alot of great folks  from this site.......and I haven't ventured outside of Tennessee.

Kinda like the old Honda commercials "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".

Well, it's true. You meet the nicest people on ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here. I've met alot of great folks  from this site.......and I haven't ventured outside of Tennessee.

It also helps that you have sweet 1919 too.... :)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The ARFCOM folks I have met all have been great folks.

pic - I hope your trip to MA goes well.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It also helps that you have sweet 1919 too.... :)

Thank you sir.  

You 'Bama boys are welcome to fire it anytime I'm at a shoot.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#9]

I can't even begin to describe how great some of the folks here, truly are......

There's many people here, who I'd feel mighty blessed to meet, and shake their hand, at this point...

Thank you to all them...  They know why.

John
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is that the official Arfcom slogan now?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was looking for a set of dogtags to mark the SECs final resting place when he goes. Inside of a couple of days, 2 sets showed up at my place.

Unbelievable.

I mentioned coming to visit my family in MA. I was invited by 2 Arfcommers to meet, 1 for a beer, the other for a cuppa Joe aalong the way.

I've now met 2 of you guys.

Pretty neat!

As a former Philly girl living in MA...I think it's really neat!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've been privileged to meet a bunch of people from the site--it's really what the place is about.  I always say--"gun people are the BEST people."  

Anytime you and Honeybee are in MA or nearby RI...let me know...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Same here. I've liked everyone whom I have met from this site and thats a +1 for the arfcom crowd from someone(me) who does not play well with others
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny. I've mostly had just the opposite experience.

Some of the worst people on the internet, in terms of their attitudes and what they'll say about one another, seem to populate ARFCOM.

Nice people, pleasant people like all of you seem to be the exception, not the rule.

My primary reason for not buying a membership is the continuously degrading tone with which I see people address one another, and with which I am occasionally addressed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Arfcom is a family.  Dysfunctional sometimes, but still a family.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Funny. I've mostly had just the opposite experience. he
Nice people, pleasant people like all of you seem to be the exception, not the rule.

My primary reason for not buying a membership is the continuously degrading tone with which I see people address one another, and with which I am occasionally addressed.

You need to wet your sence of humor.
WE LOVE EACH OTHER  h.gifh.gifh.gif
h.gifh.gifh.gifh.gif
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to be doing my first ARFCOM meet this weekend at a gunshow - w00t.
We'll see how it goes - my gf thinks I'm weird for meeting folks off the net.
I'm worried she may be right.
Reassure me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reassure me.

I've met at least a couple hundred--almost all with my wife present.  She wouldn't say "shit" if she had a mouthful, and I have only been embarrassed for her once--and it was not a huge deal.  The vast majority of people we have met have become friends.  Heck, even McUZI is a nice guy in real life--no, I'm NOT kidding.  

Well I feel much better - seriously.
My gf is afraid I'll get chopped up into little pieces or something lol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
snip

Anonymity gives boldness to the biggest losers and social rejects--sad but true.  

I'll second that with:

Sometimes I wonder if the internet doesn't merely empower our worst tendencies - the evil things we mutter under our breath about people of differing races and genders and nationalities when they cut us off in traffic or in the isle at Wal-Mart.

I'll tell you flat out. I'm a pretty dadgum nice and considerate fellow in person. I still have sharp opinions about things which I largely keep to myself. I may have been less than considerate to some people here, and for that, I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I complained in SF that I didn't have a decent BoB and would have to reassign my book bag if I had to bug out. A certain upstanding member proceeded to mail me an AWESOME mil-style backpack that I couldn't possibly have afforded on my own at the time, all free of charge.

I've also had several kind offers to sell me a handgun when I complain about not being able to get somebody to FTF me so I can own one before I'm 21. I've had to turn them down because frankly I don't have the money, but the simple act of making the offer really impressed me.

All in all, despite the nuts, trolls, and goobers, it's the best people who rise to the top in ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

nuts, trolls, and goobers

Mmmm, Baby Ruth bar.... Caramel [gurgledrooollll]

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reassure me.

I've met at least a couple hundred--almost all with my wife present.  She wouldn't say "shit" if she had a mouthful, and I have only been embarrassed for her once--and it was not a huge deal.  The vast majority of people we have met have become friends.  Heck, even McUZI is a nice guy in real life--no, I'm NOT kidding.  

put down the crack pipe and step away.........

J/K BK!   I'd love to make it to more events, just wish some things would fall into line.

BTW pic sorry to hear about the SEC.  I always enjoyed your adventures with him.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#27]
There are assholes here as well, they just won't invite you for a cup of joe......glad you met some new friends.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#28]
in my many many experiences with arfcommers.. local and gunstock... THERE IS ALWAYS GOOD FRIGGIN FOOD!!! BBQ to ceviche... w00t.

oh.. and the people are great...heck i almost moved to texas because of the texas crew.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#29]
What else would you expect from a bunch of conservative gun owners.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top