Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:09:37 PM EDT
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/07/22/strayrocket.shtml

Stray Rocket Kills Bull, Cuts Power Supply in Russia’s Far East

Created: 22.07.2005 12:40 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 12:40 MSK

A village of Birofeld in Russia’s Jewish autonomous area was partially hit by a power outage, after a missile accidentally launched from the backyard of a local resident’s house destroyed a power line and flew into a barn where it killed a bull, the Interfax news agency reported Friday.

Local police said in a report the rocket was launched from the yard of a man who earned his living by collecting scrap metal. The man claimed the missile went off as he was sawing a piece of metal and a spark fell on the rocket.

The rocket first ploughed through the man’s vegetable garden and hit the barn killing a bull before flying over the village, destroying a TV antenna on the roof of a one-story building and hitting a power line. It fell in woods near pasture where goats were grazing.

As a result, electricity supplies to the village were disrupted for 24 hours.

Shortly afterwards, the metal wires from the destroyed power lines were stolen by scrap metal hunters, the agency said in a report.

Oh shit, officer, I'm sorry. It must have been a ND.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Shortly afterwards, the metal wires from the destroyed power lines were stolen by scrap metal hunters,

Geez - those guys don't waste any time.

Speaking of odd-ness - where did that guy get an RPG from.
Reminds me of Anchorman

"Brick - where'd you get a hand grenade from?"
"I don't know."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top