Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 2:56:32 PM EDT
...it doesnt mean you can drive while taking it!!!

Yesterday one of my friends handled a single vehicle traffic collision.  Mother driving with two kids in the car left the roadway, ended up on the sidewalk and hit various signs, poles, trees and such.

She had not had a drop to drink but took Soma and was wearing two Narcotics transdemal delivery patches. She was dumbfounded as to how she could be arrested for DUI. Wrongly believing if he doctor prescribed it it much be okay.

She went to jail for DUI and child endangerment.

Here's a clue.  That pill bottle lable that says do not operate heavy machinery translates into english as "Do not drive!"
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Soma: Because Brave New World sounded like such a lovely utopia to live in
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
WHAT WHAT!!! you mean that if I take 2 darvisets and then go driving I can get a DUI!?!?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I am on painkillers right now I would never drive on.

That said, Docs ain't gods either, mine prescribed me a medication that I was allergic to, it would've killed me
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the name of the game in America now. I wonder how many people I meet in a day who have a chemically induced "designer" personality.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's the name of the game in America now. I wonder how many people I meet in a day who have a chemically induced "designer" personality.

Standard wquestioning of the people i contact at work includes drug, alcohol and Rx drug use.  Its very rare that i talk to someone who is not using any of them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Biggest racket in the US, perscription drugs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny how the people with the psych meds never take em, and the people who don't need the pain meds always do.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
That's not at all uncommon. I've had to explain it to people any number of times. "See that decanter on the sideboard? That's legal. I can drink it all right now, if I want to. But what happens if I decide to go for a dirve immediately afterward?" . . . . .   "Ohhhhhhhhhhh.... but my doctor said . . . ."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top