Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 2:17:52 PM EDT
wonder where my tax dollars are going???

Raleigh Woman Arrested For Lying About Being Katrina Victim

www.wral.com/news/4977947/detail.html

POSTED: 12:36 pm EDT September 15, 2005

RALEIGH, N.C. -- A Raleigh woman was arrested Wednesday for lying to the American Red Cross about being a Hurricane Katrina victim, authorities said.

According to the arrest warrant, 23-year-old Tiffany Signal told the Red Cross earlier this week that she was a victim of Hurricane Katrina's damage in New Orleans.

The warrant stated that Signal used a fake name and address and received a debit card with a balance of $665. She also received a 14-day pass to a hotel.

Within 48 hours of receiving the debit card and pass, authorities said, Signal was arrested in Raleigh on Wednesday night.

She has been charged with obtaining property by false pretense. Her bond has been set for $3,000, and she is being held in the Wake County Jail.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Send her ass to New Orleans and put her on body retreval duty.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Send her ass to New Orleans and put her on body retreval duty.

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Man... there are low lifes in this country that are so fucked up they could make the baby Jesus cry.

That's almost as bad as the scammer who set up BS relif fund sites. I know it hsouldn't but it never ceases to amazes me just how morally and ethically devoid some people are in this country that they try to take advantage of any and every opportunity to get a free ride.

Was that little scam in Matthew Lesko's book?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It's funny when people lie to get FEMA money (duplication of benefits). Then down the road after they spent all the money they get a nice letter stating the fed wants their money back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Crap like that really gets under my skin!

Danny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top