Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:03:07 PM EDT
Considering a Zanotti Safe.  Anyone have any experience with them??

http://www.zanottiarmor.com/
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged because I have been wondering the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Liberty but I do know a guy that has a Zanotti and from looking at it I would say they should do the job just fine. The construction was solid and the way it went together would not compromise the integrity of the safe. The only downside I can see is the fire protection is not as good as more expensive safes but it is comparable to safes in that class.

It seems Zanotti has a nice/smart solution to moving a safe.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have done a little shopping around for a safe. I plan to purchsea Zanotti in the next few months. They are a bit more money than a comparably sized standard safe. This is off set by the fact that you dont need to hire movers to get the damn thing place.

Their marketing is a bit odd. They wont send you a price sheet. You need to go through a local distributor for that info. I am interested in the ZA-1 model. This is the smallest, most inexpensive  one and retails for about $1000. The Zanotti web site needs more photos and inf
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, the web site is lacking clear info.  And I also found them to be more expensive than competitors.  But in the long run (i.e. not having to pay to have it moved in) I'm sure I'm ahead of the game.

I'm thinking long and hard about them...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a five-foot II.  They're pricey but if mobility of the safe is something you need, then they're worth it.  A couple of moves will easily pay for the price of movers.  Not surprisingly, the heaviest piece is the door, but I could carry the other pieces on my own up the stairs.  During assembly, again you'll need a second person to guide the hinge pins for the door.  The fit and finish is superb.  I can't remember what the fire rating, but the safes are rated.  It wasn't the highest protection in the world, but it was on par of what comparable, non-assemblying safes would do.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Longhorn.  Anyone else??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top