Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:17:07 PM EDT
The Adobe suite of design products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, GoLive) is probably the best set of software ever invented for digital artists and graphic designers, I swear to god. Just... why the hell does it cost so damn much? A full edition of the Creative Suite runs over $1100, and an upgrade version of the cut-down set is about $500, and it probably won't even upgrade from my copy of Photoshop (because it's, you know, completely legal and unpirated). I don't feel like spending a third of my computer budget on 5 pieces of software, but that's the way it looks like it'll be.

And don't even bother talking about the GIMP. The GIMP can't do half of the shit Adobe CS2 can.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone you know a student?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]

the full version academic license with media is 200.00. maybe an option if you arent running a business.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I will not purchase any more Adobe products until they get rid of their registration program (limiting the number of your own computers on which you can install your own software).

The only good thing about their policy is it will stir competition from other companies, which is needed for innovation to continue.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the full version academic license with media is 200.00. maybe an option if you arent running a business.

Yup, buy the student version for 200, then upgrade in a year or two to the full version and save money. original purchase plus the upgrade for 4 or 500 less than buying the full version.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, me, but I'm HS, not college yet.

Good idea, though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, me, but I'm HS, not college yet.

Good idea, though.

You should still qualify for academic pricing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

...... oh wait I am. At an arts, and animation school no less.

you think Adobe is bad. I use all the suite, autoCAD, Solidworks, SketchUp, 3ds Max
about once a week each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top