Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 10:02:29 AM EDT
If ya haven't tried it yet, you should. Half a can of beer with a chichen on top cooked over the grill. mmmm,good.  I used a Cornish hen cause I didn't want to use a whole chicken experimenting.  Makes it good and juicy, as well as adds flavor.  Sorry, no pics , no digital cam.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I stay away from it. Cooking with tin-foil and aluminum like that leads to higher cases of altzheimzers(sp?)

I heard it is good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I stay away from it. Cooking with tin-foil and aluminum like that leads to higher cases of altzheimzers(sp?)

I heard it is good.

Me too. Although I like the concept... I steer clear of aluminum. IIRC you can also find a stainless steel rack that will hold the bird upright. I guess you could use a ceramic ramikin or sumpthin' to hold the liquid.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Beer can chicken with a Cornish Hen?  That poor thing must have had stretch marks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I heard it is good.

That risk is highly over-rated  Link

Question: I have heard that aluminum may be involved in the development of Alzheimer's Disease. Does use of aluminum cookware and drinking from aluminum beverage cans place me at greater risk for developing this disease.

Answer: Aluminum is one of the most abundant elements found in the environment. Therefore, human exposure to this metal is common and unavoidable. However, intake is relatively low because this element is highly insoluble in many of its naturally occurring forms. The significance of environmental contact with aluminum is further diminished by the fact that less than 1% of that taken into the body orally is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.

The average human intake is estimated to be between 30 and 50 mg per day. This intake comes primarily from foods, drinking water, and pharmaceuticals. Based on the maximum levels reported in drinking water, less than 1/4 of the total intake comes from water. Some common food additives contain aluminum. Due to certain additives, processed cheese and cornbread are two major contributors to high aluminum exposures in the American diet. With regard to pharmaceuticals, some common over-the-counter medications such as antacids and buffered aspirin contain aluminum to increase the daily intake significantly.

Over the last few years, there has been concern about the exposures resulting from leaching of aluminum from cookware and beverage cans. However, as a general rule, this contributes a relatively small amount to the total daily intake. Aluminum beverage cans are usually coated with a polymer to minimize such leaching. Leaching from aluminum cookware becomes potentially significant only when cooking highly basic or acidic foods. For example, in one study, tomato sauce cooked in aluminum pans was found to accumulate 3-6 mg aluminum per 100 g serving.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Applejuice makes for a good bird too. You can use any non-flammable fluid container that will fit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#6]
My sister in law made beer can chicken a few months ago. I didn't want to try it at first, but gave in, damn it was real good!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
EPOCH for everyone for, there is one against.

Like I said, I heard it is good.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard it works best with a  dark beer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
EPOCH for everyone for, there is one against.

Like I said, I heard it is good.

Yeah, but I have seem... more credible... studies for than...

Where am I?

How did I get here?  

Who are you people and what are you doing on my message board!

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#11]

rub oil on the outside and cavity

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top