Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:37:15 AM EDT
Any of you listen to her lately? What the hell is going on... She usually has a short fuse but DAMN she is tearing people apart.

This is some GREAT stuff!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL, during my divorce years ago I was driving to work and all of a sudden there was my ex on the radio talking to Dr. Laura, who shot her down in flames. It's still one of my favorite memories.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
LOL, during my divorce years ago I was driving to work and all of a sudden there was my ex on the radio talking to Dr. Laura, who shot her down in flames. It's still one of my favorite memories.  

Rofl.

I would love to listen to that radio clip...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Rodent,  that's priceless.  

"Yea, I heard Dr. Laura own your ass the other day..."

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Grrrrrrrr, they took an hour of Laura Ingraham and two hours of Bill O and replaced them with Dr. Freakin Laura on my hometown talk radio.    I am distraught over losing even a minute of Ingraham. Though not a huge O'reilly fan but would rather listen to blank static white noise than Dr. Laura.  

Rant mode off/

Not a fan of Dr. Laura.  Hey Rodent, I bet that was a shining moment.

Debo
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
At least Dr. Laura is pro-gun. Her nekkid pics are cool too!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I like her but can't get her show around here anymore.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I listened for about a week in 1999.  I think I pretty much heard it all.

Dr. Laura is good, but she gets old as fast as a C&C Music Factory CD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Dr. Laura is a Doctor of what again? Biology, or some science like that? Yet she acts in the capacity of a counselor? Sorry, don't get it. A doctorate in Biology gives her what credibility in the social sciences? It threw me for a loop when I found out what her degree was in. Also on this topic, my lefty Professor had us watch an episode of the "West Wing(Left Wing)" in class that was basically President Martin Sheen giving a woman that was supposed to be Dr. Laura a verbal ass whooping. They really played it up, and it was dramatic, and the lefties won the day(unlike in the real world).  Hard to watch, but I still have mixed feelings about Dr. Laura.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dr. Laura is a Doctor of what again? Biology, or some science like that? Yet she acts in the capacity of a counselor? Sorry, don't get it. A doctorate in Biology gives her what credibility in the social sciences?

Same as with people calling Michael Savage "Doctor", when his PhD is in nutrition or some shit.

You gotta remember, it's just entertainment. People call up to talk shit and get abused. People that truly want counseling go sit down and talk to someone face-to-face.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1

some financial guy at night in Cincy
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Here in the metro Detroit area, We have to wait until 7 for Sean Hannity(8pm Mondays!) and Dr. Laura isn't on till 12am!

They used to play her show in the 10am-11:30 slot, then Paul Harvey, then Rush at Noon-3pm.

Now they've got this local turd on from 9-11:30 then Paul Harvey, Rush, Then.........

Mitch "The Bitch" Albom! The sniveling, little, anti-gun, Liberal ASSHAT!

And, to top it off, We get local Detroit stuff (Like the mayoral Debate, Like anyone out here in the suburbs cares!) instead of any of the good programs, all too often.

It makes it nearly impossible to listen to half of the time.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And, to top it off, We get local Detroit stuff (Like the mayoral Debate, Like anyone out here in the suburbs cares!) instead of any of the good programs, all too often.

I was driving through Detroit today and WJR cut Rush Limbaugh off in mid-sentence to broadcast the Detroit mayoral debates.

I couldn't believe they did that.  Does anybody in SE Michigan really care who runs the city of Detroit?

ETA: Dr. Laura has gotten mean in the last few years.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 BobCole  LOL

myit
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I share some of her views.

I find her completely reprehensible as a person.

Can't stand her.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Seriously??  For really reals?  That's so boss.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Solution; Get XM Radio.  Channel 166 3-6 PM
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't get her here

schedule runs

Rush at 11
Gasbag at 2    Hannity
Local sht heads at 5
Michael Savage at 7
Sone consumer advocate call in show(apparently national) at 10
George Noory after midnight
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Can't stand her.

+ eleventy billion.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I also share most of her views, but after about two years of listening, I got tired of the same thing over and over.

Her TV show utterly sucked.

I do believe she has a bit too short a fuze. More than once she's gone off on someone, and I've just sat there and said, "WTF, woman?"

Oh, well. No one's perfect, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
II do believe she has a bit too short a fuze. More than once she's gone off on someone, and I've just sat there and said, "WTF, woman?"

She's about as far from perfect as you can get and still have a career doling out advice.

She's a physiologist, not any kind of therapist or Dr. of psychiatry....but still calls herself a "shrink" from time to time.

She's also famously estranged from her family, has had affairs with married men (do a google for her name with the dirty filter turned off, you'll see the pics), and she started dating husband #2 while he was still married. There's more I've heard, but these ones are true and alone are reason to turn the dial when she lectures people about their morality or personal problems.

Fuck her, if she can't follow her own advice, she should STFU.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

She's also famously estranged from her family,
So? We all have some family we would like to no longer see, IMO.

has had affairs with married men (do a google for her name with the dirty filter turned off, you'll see the pics), and she started dating husband #2 while he was still married.
Was he still living with the wife or had he moved out by then? Makes a difference, no?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Ughh, I hate her.

Every time I hear her, I want to reach through the radio and punch her....

She ain't no psychologist, psychiatrist, or counselor. Her PhD is in physiology....she is no more qualified to give out her BS advice than I am. But she makes out that she is....

Just don't like the woman, sorry...

Although I did like the bush on the pie in her nudies....and quite the nudies they were for such a holier than thou POS talking head....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#23]
This is the same Dr. Laura who has been divorced herself, and has naked pics of herself floating all over the internet? And she's giving advise to others?
Thanks, but I think I'll get my advise from someone else...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Today I heard a gal asking if she should medicate her young son because the teacher told her that he has ADD.

Dr. Laura told her "..he's a boy and little boys are energetic. ADD is a syndrome label applied to energetic boys in our feminized society."

That was great. You gotta love the fact that she comes right out and calls the feminist wussification of males for what it really is.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:

She's also famously estranged from her family,
So? We all have some family we would like to no longer see, IMO.

has had affairs with married men (do a google for her name with the dirty filter turned off, you'll see the pics), and she started dating husband #2 while he was still married.
Was he still living with the wife or had he moved out by then? Makes a difference, no?

If you're going to berate people with a holier-than-thou style, and preach that your value system is better than the people with problems you're seeking to "help", then I'd say it would be fair that your past wasn't a jumbled mess of hatred and resentment, that your marriages haven't been built on fucking around, divorcing, then repeating the same stupid mistake, and that you refrain from the deviancy that you claim is crippling America.

She's a hypocrite, pure and simple, and we all know it. If you like what she says so much that you're willing to forgive that she doesn't walk it like she talks it, good for you. I think she's a blathering cunt.

Do a google search on the woman....most of her lies and indescretions are very well documented. Make up your own mind if this is a woman who deserves to dole out advice.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't stand her.

+ eleventy billion.

+ eleventy billion and 1 - She make my hair hurt.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's about as far from perfect as you can get and still have a career doling out advice.

She's a physiologist, not any kind of therapist or Dr. of psychiatry....but still calls herself a "shrink" from time to time.

you know i usually agree with every wondrous thing you utter, swingset, but i have to call you out here

as someone who works in the field, your undergraduate degree is not as important as your training and licensure

from Dr. Laura.com

EDUCATION

BS, Biological Sciences, SUNY Stonybrook, Long Island, NY

MS, M Phil, Ph.D. (Physiology), Columbia University (College of Physicians and Surgeons), NY

Post-Doctoral Certification in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling, Human Relations Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles

Licensed Marriage, Family and Child Counselor (MFCC), California, formerly in private practice for 12 years

Past member of the Biological Sciences faculty of the University of Southern California (five years) and the graduate Psychology faculty of Pepperdine University (eight years)

UCLA and UC Irvine Extension course instructor

actual field work with REAL PEOPLE trumps education, in my opinion

i did not know about all her lurid past history until this thread, actually

who would you say is more "qualified" to give advice to someone about a relationship??  you-married twelve years, me, married almost seven with quite a rocky history, or a 22 year old who has a degree in psychology but no work with real people??
id say Dr. Laura's life expereince makes her even MORE qualified to say what she says to people--she has been there and screwed up her life and wants others to learn from her
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#28]
If you call Dr. Laura expecting anything other than to be ripped apart then you have major issues.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd rather listen to my toilet flushing than listen to that fucked up woman. Like others, I might share some of the same views as her but I despise her, she isn't qualified to give advice to anyone after the fucked up mess she calls a life.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Diabolical Chicken beat me to it. She's licensed as a family counselor, and she has a PhD, so she's perfectly within her rights to call herself "Dr.", and to give the advice she does.

As for her past, I could care less. We all have phantoms in our past that we'd rather forget, and to hammer someone for their past is dangerous. It's her PRESENT that matters.

My problem, again, with her is that she's often TOO quick and TOO rough with people. Aside from her that and her show being the same thing over and over, I like her.

Just being fair, here....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#31]
All I can say is she looked good in those pics taken back in the 70's.  Too bad they didn't have razor's back then....he he he he  Good Bless Howard Stern for bring those pearls to life!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

WHERE??????

ETA: Oh.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I listened for about a week in 1999.  I think I pretty much heard it all.

Dr. Laura is good, but she gets old as fast as a C&C Music Factory CD.

ROMFL

C&C were so hot for a month in 1990
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Can't stand her.

Just remember, SteyrAUG, even a busted clock (Laura) is right twice a day! So, nothing wrong w/sharing some views w/her, I'd venture to say that ANYONE likely agrees with ANYONE ELSE about SOMETHING!  (Hard to "buy" w/ certain folks, but still is probably true.)

Quoted:
Today I heard a gal asking if she should medicate her young son because the teacher told her that he has ADD.

Dr. Laura told her "..he's a boy and little boys are energetic. ADD is a syndrome label applied to energetic boys in our feminized society."

That was great. You gotta love the fact that she comes right out and calls the feminist wussification of males for what it really is.

To a POINT, I agree, however it CAN be "real" (ADD) and when it is, one doesn't need some BS stinkin' "medication" that will make them "better" in a FEW minor ways, but then (help) cause them to go ballistic on someone(s). Just feed the kid some omega 3's and reduce the sugar content some.

Quoted:

ROMFL

C&C were so hot for a month in 1990

Really? A whole MONTH?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Former fan.

She's too looney for me.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'd rather listen to my toilet flushing than listen to that fucked up woman. Like others, I might share some of the same views as her but I despise her, she isn't qualified to give advice to anyone after the fucked up mess she calls a life.

People can't learn from their mistakes?
Besides, you don't have to be sane to recognize crazy when you see it.

ETA:  What if she was a former Moslem pontificating about the Religion of Peace?  Would people regard her past as disqualifying her to speak, or as indicating that she knew what she was talking about because she'd been there?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Seriously??  For really reals?  That's so boss.  Patty

Hello? Yes, pattymcn is here.....you want me to tell her what?

That the 70's have called and would like their catch phrase back???

Ok, I'll tell her...

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#38]
The think I find particularly creepy about her is her child-like faith in the goodwill of The Authorities.  Anyone who says that you should call the cops on someone "for his own good" (fer instance, a pot smoker), is a liar or an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
All I can say is she looked good in those pics taken back in the 70's.  Too bad they didn't have razor's back then....he he he he  Good Bless Howard Stern for bring those pearls to life!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/defenderlast/dr4.jpg

That can't be her.  She's a blonde.  Isn't she?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know i usually agree with every wondrous thing you utter, swingset, but i have to call you out here

as someone who works in the field, your undergraduate degree is not as important as your training and licensure

from Dr. Laura.com

EDUCATION

BS, Biological Sciences, SUNY Stonybrook, Long Island, NY

MS, M Phil, Ph.D. (Physiology), Columbia University (College of Physicians and Surgeons), NY

Post-Doctoral Certification in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling, Human Relations Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles

Licensed Marriage, Family and Child Counselor (MFCC), California, formerly in private practice for 12 years

Past member of the Biological Sciences faculty of the University of Southern California (five years) and the graduate Psychology faculty of Pepperdine University (eight years)

UCLA and UC Irvine Extension course instructor

actual field work with REAL PEOPLE trumps education, in my opinion

i did not know about all her lurid past history until this thread, actually

who would you say is more "qualified" to give advice to someone about a relationship??  you-married twelve years, me, married almost seven with quite a rocky history, or a 22 year old who has a degree in psychology but no work with real people??
id say Dr. Laura's life expereince makes her even MORE qualified to say what she says to people--she has been there and screwed up her life and wants others to learn from her

What I object to is that she misrepresents herself, and that she does not own up to her past. What happened when those pictures hit the internet? She denied it was her.

What happened when husband #1 gave out salacious details about their marriage, divorce and her infidelity? She denied it, called him a liar...even tho court records backed nearly everything the man said.

It's ok to have a sordid past - plenty of good people do. Dr. Laura has created a phony moral veneer and won't take responsibility for her own actions.....that disqualifies her from advising sick people, to me.

A classical education in psychology DOES matter, and I should know I worked as a counselor along side real psychologists and professional therapists for a number of years, and I have read so much literature and clinical journals that I know a rat when I smell one. She has ZERO grasp of traditional, time proven,and scientific study of behavioral sciences. I could "fake it" with a sick person, and probably give out some really good advise, but that's a dangerous game to be monkeying with people, and I learned through my experiences that helping people takes more than a 30 second phone call....and it takes some education.

Listen to her....she's Dr. Phil with a hard on. She doles out "common sense" beat downs. It sounds great TO YOU, because you're thinking "wow, this person just needs to listen to common sense!", but that's not healthy, clinical advice....nor does she give any credence to professional therapy. When was the last time you heard someone with a troubled past call in, and Dr. Laura advises professional help? She doesn't (there's a personal reason for her avoidance of a psychologist, and it has something to do with her denial, but that's another story). Yet, sit any one of her callers in a room full of professionals with both field experience AND education, and you'll have them pretty much agreeing on where a patient turns to if they're suffering from trauma and addiction (which is about 95% of Dr. Laura's callers).

I value field work - if she's been a therapist in professional practice, good for her but it doesn't make her a qualified one. Would you go to a surgeon that had no training, but had spent years operating (even mildly successfully) on people? I wouldn't. I wouldn't send my dog to one.

I happen to agree with alot of what she has to say, and sometimes I don't agree, but one thing I'll never believe is that she's qualified.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#41]
You guys are debating a radio talk show where the caller gets berated for two to three minutes and then hangs up and goes about their life.

Who really cares who the host is or what their qualifications are?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

where can I find those?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Here in the metro Detroit area, We have to wait until 7 for Sean Hannity(8pm Mondays!) and Dr. Laura isn't on till 12am!

They used to play her show in the 10am-11:30 slot, then Paul Harvey, then Rush at Noon-3pm.

Now they've got this local turd on from 9-11:30 then Paul Harvey, Rush, Then.........

Mitch "The Bitch" Albom! The sniveling, little, anti-gun, Liberal ASSHAT!

It makes it nearly impossible to listen to half of the time.

Tall Shadow

Bitch Albom is the reason I bought a satellite radio. I spend a lot of time in the car and my blood pressure can't handle that sanctimonious little prick. Detroit broadcast talk radio really sucks. Rush and Sean are the only shows worth listening to on WJR and like Tall Shadow says, they don't get proper airplay .

Oh, and no disrespect to Dr. Laura or her fans, but she is like listening to an ex-wife for three-eeh hours.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where can I find those?

Scroll up. If you need to see more, do a google image search.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where can I find those?

Google is your friend.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I personally love Dr. Laura but can't stand listening to the cretins that call into her show. I can only hear of so much depravity from her various callers before my stomach starts churning and my trigger finger starts getting itchy with the urge to release my soul from this wicked world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top