Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 7:34:43 AM EDT

Sen. Richard Durbin (news, bio, voting record), D-Ill., wondered whether Roberts would treat society's less fortunate the same way he would deal with the wealthy who often have better lawyers, better legal briefs and an advantage in the court system.

"If the Constitution says that the little guy should win, then the little guy's going to win in the court before me," Roberts said. "But if the Constitution says that the big guy should win, well then the big guy's going to win because my obligation is to the Constitution."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050915/ap_on_go_su_co/roberts_45

--Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Roberts should have responded, "Are you asking me that question Senator Turbin Durbin because you are about to get prosecuted?"
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
What the F&^K is wrong with this F$&K*NG country?!?!?!   How is it that morons like Turbin get elected to the US Senate.  Can anyone clear this up for me?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What the F&^K is wrong with this F$&K*NG country?!?!?!   How is it that morons like Turbin get elected to the US Senate.  Can anyone clear this up for me?!?!?

Non property owners being allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's from Illinois.  Illinois contains Shitcago.  Do the math.  

Just like the bozos from New York and California.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, if you have owned property most of your life but currently don't, you don't get to vote?  Nevermind also paying gobs of income tax over those many years.

Talk about arrogant class warfare bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Durbin is a bigtime loser.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's from Illinois.  Illinois contains Shitcago.  Do the math.  

And in shitcago they are a bunch of friggen retards with poltically correct poles up their collective ass'es!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard that clip on Rush while I was on my way back from lunch.  Outstanding!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, if you have owned property most of your life but currently don't, you don't get to vote?  

Correct.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#12]

What the F&^K is wrong with this F$&K*NG country?!?!?! How is it that morons like Turbin get elected to the US Senate. Can anyone clear this up for me?!?!?

The ignorant being allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, if you have owned property most of your life but currently don't, you don't get to vote?  

Correct.

No, not correct.  I probably pay as much or more taxes than many who own property, so that idea is bogus.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd settle for a very basic civics, economics, and history knowledge test.

--Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top