Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 7:09:00 AM EDT
Well, I finally decided to get one of these done, even though the assholes at Kaiser won't pay for it.  I'd rather not wait 'til my arteries are 80 to 90% blocked to find out whether I've got any arterial disease, thank you.  The test is $495, but the peace of mind it gives me, one way or the other, will be immeasurable.

There's evan a $50 off coupon for tests done before Sept. 30 hehe...gotta love it.  

I guy I knew a while back dropped dead of a heart attack...47, didn't drink didn't smoke, skinny, good shape, completely asymptomatic for heart disease, then boom...he's dead.  

Stuff like that makes you think...well, it makes ME think, anyway.  

Even though I have no family history of heart disease, I do have some risk factors...I'm fat, don't exercise much, and have borderline high blood pressure.   Cholesteral levels were good the last time I had 'em checked...and my cardiologist swears my EKGs and Echocardiogram were "fantastic".  But what does HE know lol.  

Anyone here have this test yet?  If so, what were your results?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top