Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2005 7:06:01 AM EDT
I work with about a 100 cops (PD). I am a network admin. Many of them are great guys and I like working with them. One of them has known that I am a gun nut for some time, and he is as well. So we have talked about guns many times. He is kind of a strange guy though. On more than several occasions he has "teased" me about sending my name to the BATF. This always makes me uncomfortable to say the least. I have nothing to hide and have ALWAYS obeyed the law in every aspect of my life. But I still don't want my life to be turned upside down by unwarranted suspicion. Anyways... I have always blown it off up until now.

There was a link and story in the Confiscation thread the other day that I send to several officers who I trust (trusted?) to be one of the good guys who realizes they're citizens FIRST, and protected by the 2nd Ammendment as gun nuts. Well... I thought this guy felt that way. So he sends me a reply saying "don't send me anymore anti-law-enforcement propaganda... I am a Police Officer, remember?" but he also mentioned that the story was probably true. He was a jerk about it. I responded nicely that I was only trying to get this views on the situation down there and that there were many cops who were refusing to participate in the confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens. I also reminded him that I have several friends in the PD and that the last thing I'd want to do is to diss them personally (they weren't bothered by the story BTW). But this guy was a "snot" about it and proved that for him, being a cop comes FIRST, and the fact that he is also citizen is secondary. Evidently for him, the fact that he was sworn to uphold THE LAW is lost on him.

I have been critical of LE in several threads here because I hold cops to a higher standard than Joe Blow on the street. For the cops who are the "good guys" I have the utmost respect. For the ones who are not, I wouldn't spit on them to put out the fire. For some reason, SOME LEO's seem to think that you either like and respect them ALL, or you are a cop hater. So they really live by the "US AND THEM" mentality in that even crooked cops are better than the average citizen. That's just crap and the reason that I have been critical of SOME LE in the past. I just wanted to say this as a background for where I am coming from. I most certainly do NOT think that all cops are JBT's. But... a lot of cops scare me because of their seemingly total willingness to use and/or abuse their power. Which brings me back to where I started with all of this. It is my intention to avoid this guy as much as possbile. But I do have to work with him sometimes. I am more than tired of his taunting about giving my name to the BATF. Should I file some sort of greivance the next time he does it? Of course, if I do then I will probably get the whole Blue Wall treatment from everyone else. I suppose if I have a leg to stand on, I should just "threaten" to file a greivance of police harassment if he does it again. The department has recently fired two officers for abuse, and three more are suing for sex descrimination right now. So the last thing they'd want is for more problems. I dunno... just want to get some other viewpoints here. Sorry for the long-winded story...

(Edited for spelling.)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm with ya, problem is, i still have yet to figure out what jbt stands for. sorry, i am a moron
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lets see, you sent something to him, he objected and he has joked with you in the past.  Advice, quit being a poindexter and just keep on living life.  If you worry about everyone who disagrees with you, you'll be bald and sharing these stories with your 14 cats by the time you hit 50.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
blow it off...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i'm with ya, problem is, i still have yet to figure out what jbt stands for. sorry, i am a moron

JBT = Jack Booted Thug
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JBT = Jack Booted Thug

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Blow it off.......

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JBT = Jack Booted Thug

and all this time I thought it meant "Just Being Tranquil"
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lets see, you sent something to him, he objected and he has joked with you in the past.  Advice, quit being a poindexter and just keep on living life.  If you worry about everyone who disagrees with you, you'll be bald and sharing these stories with your 14 cats by the time you hit 50.

Shotar... this is such a BIG surprize... you giving another LE the benefit of the doubt. Did you catch the "he is a strange guy" part or the fact that I put "teasing" in quotes? Probably not. Or it didn't matter to you because he's a cop and can do no wrong. His "teasing" isn't funny and wasn't done in such a way that left one SURE that it was a joke. And it's happened many times. It must be nice to have the power to run around threatening people. Must make a person feel good. Kind of like if I went around joking about pulling a gun on people "just for fun". Ya gettin' my point yet? Do you really think that it's FUNNY to threaten to imply to a Federal Agency that they should "check-out" a law-abiding citizen on a lark? Does that sound like a "JOKE" to you? Bet it wouldn't if you weren't protected by that badge you used to wear.

The fact of the matter is... just like he seems to think that any story where a cop does wrong is "anti-law-enforcement propaganda" -- I DON'T FREAKIN' THINK THAT THREATENING TO SICK A FEDERAL AGENCY ON AN INNOCENT MAN IS A JOKE! Who do you guys always look the other way then a cop abuses his power or puts himself above the law or other citizens? Geesh. Do you consider a news story about cops confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens to be "anti-law-enforcement propaganda"?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, now you know his true feelings and he would be another gun grabber given the opportunity. It sickens me as well, I have 2 really good friends that are cops that I have discussed this gun confiscation fiasco with, both think it's unfortunate, but they would do as they are ordered so they can keep collecting their paychecks and pension. It's all about them and they don't care about what happens to non-cops, as long as they get to keep their guns. I feel a bit of disgust everytime I see them now, not the same men I served with in the Corps, being cops for 5+ years has definately changed their way of thinking about people and their rights.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shotar... this is such a BIG surprize... you giving another LE the benefit of the doubt. Did you catch the "he is a strange guy" part or the fact that I put "teasing" in quotes? Probably not. Or it didn't matter to you because he's a cop and can do no wrong. His "teasing" isn't funny and wasn't done in such a way that left one SURE that it was a joke. And it's happened many times. It must be nice to have the power to run around threatening people. Must make a person feel good. Kind of like if I went around joking about pulling a gun on people "just for fun". Ya gettin' my point yet? Do you really think that it's FUNNY to threaten to imply to a Federal Agency that they should "check-out" a law-abiding citizen on a lark? Does that sound like a "JOKE" to you? Bet it wouldn't if you weren't protected by that badge you used to wear.

The fact of the matter is... just like he seems to think that any story where a cop does wrong is "anti-law-enforcement propaganda" -- I DON'T FREAKIN' THINK THAT THREATENING TO SICK A FEDERAL AGENCY ON AN INNOCENT MAN IS A JOKE! Who do you guys always look the other way then a cop abuses his power or puts himself above the law or other citizens? Geesh. Do you consider a news story about cops confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens to be "anti-law-enforcement propaganda"?

maybe you should loosen up your panties.  Do you honestly believe this single patrol officer can bring the BATF hammering down on you?  maybe you should stop sending emails to him and quit talking to him about firearms?  Maybe he doesn't like you?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Ooh... another cop sticking up for another cop... another "surprize". He works for a mult-jurisdictional organization (drug unit) with ties to ALL of the agencies (including the BATF, FBI, DEA, and other Fed, State, and Local authorites). It'd be no problem to call in a "favor" if he chose to.

I don't give a rat's ass if the guy "likes me" or not. He shouldn't be threatening to USE the powers of the law for his own 'funny' little purposes. And you can COUNT on me not discussing ANYTHING that I don't have to with this asshat in the future. He is what I have come to fear that most cops are -- gun-grabbers who really WOULD do whatever they were ordered. The ones at Waco did it and to this day justify their actions. It really is US and THEM I guess. Sad...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, now you know his true feelings and he would be another gun grabber given the opportunity. It sickens me as well, I have 2 really good friends that are cops that I have discussed this gun confiscation fiasco with, both think it's unfortunate, but they would do as they are ordered so they can keep collecting their paychecks and pension. It's all about them and they don't care about what happens to non-cops, as long as they get to keep their guns. I feel a bit of disgust everytime I see them now, not the same men I served with in the Corps, being cops for 5+ years has definately changed their way of thinking about people and their rights.

I used to hope for better. But my eyes have been opened this past month or so -- here at ARFCOM, in the news, and personally. I am disgusted. And cops wonder why people don't trust them. I used to. I don't any more. It's hard for me to believe that those responsible for upholding the WRITTEN law of the land, would tear it up and ignore it at the request of a superior.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I would imagina a lot of LEO are a bit sensitive at the moment over the misbehavings of a few brethren in NO. (I would imagine anyone in any field would be embarrassed if their peers did the same)

I wouldn't worry about it, but I would keep any further contact with said individual on a strictly professional basis - if it isn't business related then no further contact.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd blow it off.   I'm a corrections deputy and make no bones about being a gun nut.   I sometimes get the jokes about how somebody's gonna call batf on me or some bs like that.   I comply with the law ( sucks tho!)  and have nothing anyone could burn me on.   Hell I'm waiting 5 friggin months for a suppressor to clear

I will also say that if pressed into LE duties during a disaster I WILL NOT disarm citizens ( thugs yes, average guys NO)  I will not have part in "forced evac".  

Some guys are disturbing in the way they view the job but it's just that.   It's their "view" dont sweat over it.    Take note of who it is and just dont socialize with him.    

Hell I had an argument with a training guy about civilian tasers.  I think it's a great idea he had an elitist view of it.    

Same thing with my ARs and suppressors, you get to know who to talk to and who to say nothing to.    We've got gun nuts and gun haters.   We've got guys that are all for "serve and protect" and we've got guys who like to be pushy, arrogant asses.  

Once again, dont sweat it.    ( forgive the rant, I've been up all night on graveyard shift)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He works for a mult-jurisdictional organization.... He shouldn't be threatening to USE the powers of the law for his own 'funny' little purposes

Is he from Detroit? OMG! It's Axel Foley!!  Dear lord, the next thing you know he'll be sticking a banana in your tailpipe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He works for a mult-jurisdictional organization.... He shouldn't be threatening to USE the powers of the law for his own 'funny' little purposes

Is he from Detroit? OMG! It's Axel Foley!!  Dear lord, the next thing you know he'll be sticking a banana in your tailpipe.

Good stuff. Naw... he's a skinny little bald young white guy with a zz-top beard. Looks like a neo-nazi. That's part of his whole "disguise" for the drug unit.

And thanks for the advice Merrell and Mr45auto. That's what I was looking to hear.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#18]
After reading a few of those tantrums, errr posts I think I have detected what the problem is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
After reading a few of those tantrums, errr posts I think I have detected what the problem is.

Did you read the "tantrum", errr post right above yours Oly? Quite a rant wasn't it? Surprize me sometime and don't take the JBT way EVERY time. I'll give you guys credit -- you hang tight. Nuts to butts...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Just like in any job just becuase he is one does not make him a good one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Just chill...I wouldn't worry. You might be wound a little tight.
And look on the bright side - you live in Montana!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you read the "tantrum", errr post right above yours Oly? Quite a rant wasn't it? Surprize me sometime and don't take the JBT way EVERY time. I'll give you guys credit -- you hang tight. Nuts to butts...

I half read your story, then I half read your childish responses. My response is based on how you have presented yourself in your posts.

Stop chatting at work. If it isn't work realted you don't need to be talking about it. You are paid to do a job not jabber. If you don't like it quit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Prove to him the BATF loves you. Get some suppresors and a FA or two.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#24]
It's obvious you and this individual are not as 'simpatico' (of the same mind) as you thought.
You should just avoid entering into unnecessary conversations with him. Keep your relationship on the professional level.

It's sometimes hard when  someone who you consider a 'friend' is not as 'friendly' toward you as would expect them to be, when this is the case it's best to just avoid any potential for further conflict. Accept that this person in not really your 'friend' and probably never was, (at least not in his mind).

Ignore his bullshit threats and move on.

And remember that a 'job' isn't always like your circle of buddies at school where you could jokingly 'slam' and jab one another. I know thats not excatly what you were doing, but I hope you get the 'drift' of what I'm trying to say.

As others have already said, forget it and move on........
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just chill...I wouldn't worry. You might be wound a little tight.
And look on the bright side - you live in Montana!

True... s'all good. And I'm pretty laid back about it today. I'm admittedly kind of trolling here today with this. I used to think that most LE were pretty cool and considered themselves to be citizens. I was naive. Now I'm just trying to see how deep the "us versus them/blue wall" thing goes. So far, the LE who've responded are giving me a pretty grim picture. When it's "okay" for a cop to threaten to mess with someone for fun just because he has the "big guns" on his side, that's pretty screwy. Evidently, being a cop is a like big fraternity where even your worst frat mate gets the benefite of the doubt over outsiders because he's one of you. The problem with this line of thinking is that it's hard to be part of the community when one considers oneself to be above and outside of the community.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If you worry about everyone who disagrees with you, you'll be bald and sharing these stories with your 14 cats by the time you hit 50.

You make that sound like it's a bad thing....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#27]

He is kind of a strange guy though. On more than several occasions he has "teased" me about sending my name to the BATF.

Umm, you gotta realise that once they get that gun and badge they think they have to the right to "fuck with" anyone they want and noone can fuck with them back, kinda like the mafia in that respect. So some Faschist bully boy (whos a narc! to top it off!) is fucking with you. Forget about it. Unless you got illegal machine guns he can't do shit anyway, except maybe he'll "find" some meth in your garage.

Edited cause some people can't tell the difference between internet BS and reality.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Stop chatting at work. If it isn't work realted you don't need to be talking about it. You are paid to do a job not jabber. If you don't like it quit.

I'm not even sure how to respond to your post, Supercop (or is it Robocop?). The skinhead cop in question is the self-professed "gun nut" who brought our shared interest in firearms up and proceeded to start the first conversation. You really don't mind being a total JBT, do you Oly? Bet it gets you wet just thinking about all of your "power". And in your mind, you even have the power to tell me what to do at work or tell me that I can quit if I don't like it. You are 'da man Oly! Go home and make love to your wife (or dog, or mistress, or...) tonight knowing that you are the mightiest he-man copper of them all. Give yourself a medal too. You're a hero in my book...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I used to hope for better. But my eyes have been opened this past month or so -- here at ARFCOM, in the news, and personally. I am disgusted. And cops wonder why people don't trust them. I used to. I don't any more. It's hard for me to believe that those responsible for upholding the WRITTEN law of the land, would tear it up and ignore it at the request of a superior.

I have found that it is best not to expect too much from any one person or organization, that way you wont be disappointed when they don't meet your expectations.

The days when someone entered into 'public' service and saw it as a 'calling' unfortunatly are over. Any more it's just a 'job' to them. Sure there are still a few 'good' guys around, but they are as rare as unicorns anymore.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
except maybe he'll "find" some meth in your garage

That's EXACTLY the kind of thing I am coming to expect from the average JBT. One must NEVER unsult the badge by daring to suggest that a wearer of it might not be operating within the confines of their duty. One might find themselves receiving a no-knock in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#32]
OK... here is your problem...

There was a link and story in the Confiscation thread the other day that I send to several officers who I trust (trusted?) to be one of the good guys who realizes they're citizens FIRST, and protected by the 2nd Ammendment as gun nuts.

You spammed the officers with information.  You are the network admin... not a news source for the department.  I would consider that office spam if it came from my network admin.  No one wants your political opinions as part of the network you run.  Save that for talk over coffee when there is a mutual exchange of such topics.  Out of the blue you hit them with this... and when some  (or just this guy) did not care for the link/story... he reached back to you to return the cage rattling.

If you don't want the opinion of others that is different than yours... don't spam them with it.  AND... don't be surprised if someone has a different opinion, takes it personal, or takes it as a condemnation of their position due to the actions of others.  Just the fact that you use the term JBT... indicates to me... you border on being anti-LEO.  Just as you might be offended or take exception to being referred to as a nurd, a poindexter... or some other less than politically correct term for a network admin .

Do your job and keep you opinions  (spam) for those that ask for them... and you may have less problems with the JBT.

(signed)
what you would call a JBT merely because of my employment.

read my signature line... it might help you!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

He is kind of a strange guy though. On more than several occasions he has "teased" me about sending my name to the BATF.

Umm, you gotta realise that once they get that gun and badge they think they have to the right to "fuck with" anyone they want and noone can fuck with them back, kinda like the mafia in that respect. So some Faschist bully boy (whos a narc! to top it off!) is fucking with you. Forget about it. Unless you got illegal machine guns he can't do shit anyway, except maybe he'll "find" some meth in your garage. But i was thinking it would be sad if somehow the local Drug lords found out from some Anon source he was a narc! Who knows? maybe someday they'll find him ditched in the drink with a quater inch hole in the back o' his lovely head. Speaking theoretically of course. That would be a tragedy for the whole human race....................................

wow now we are advocating the death of police officers.  what a surprise.

this whole thread has been a troll from the start.  way to go.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well my input is that I don't buy into the whole JBT thing at all.  It's really quite silly.  I have 3 cousins (read best friends), and a close friend who are all currently police officers in several metro agencies and one state agency.

They are far from "JBT" status to say the least.  HOWEVER, with the exception of my mother (who is actually a liberal from hell ) they could definitely be described as "two kinds of people, cops and everybody else" types lol.  This is not to say that they are elitists or look down on others, but they have an amazing loyalty to other officers.  It's probably the same loyalty that men who have been in combat share.

This is something the civilians here have to understand when they start bashing on cops for pointing out a different perspective than alot of people who are leery of LEO's may have.  They simply have a different feel for the unique position that other police officers are in.  I can appreciate how it makes them seem like apologists and you don't have to like them for it.  Just try to understand their point of view.

I'm meeting my buddy for lunch in a couple of hours.  I'm gonna sprinkle some baby powder on his uniform first chance I get.  Their will be no end to the donut jokes for him!

I felt exactly like you a few months ago. I still have friends in the PD and want to believe that when the chips were down, they'd be Americans before cops. But the events of the past month have me wondering. There's one sergeant that I KNOW is decent. Thank god for that. He's told me on more than one occasion that if it ever came to confiscation, he'd be at home protecting his guns and also his family from the hell that would ensue.

P.S. I'm actually heading over to work with the local FBI shortly. I work on stuff for them too. So at least I have lots of "contacts" in the law enforcement community. I still don't trust them though. Too many "good ole boys" to scratch each other's back...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Umm, you gotta realise that once they get that gun and badge they think they have to the right to "fuck with" anyone they want and noone can fuck with them back, kinda like the mafia in that respect. So some Faschist bully boy (whos a narc! to top it off!) is fucking with you. Forget about it. Unless you got illegal machine guns he can't do shit anyway, except maybe he'll "find" some meth in your garage. But i was thinking it would be sad if somehow the local Drug lords found out from some Anon source he was a narc! Who knows? maybe someday they'll find him ditched in the drink with a quater inch hole in the back o' his lovely head. Speaking theoretically of course. That would be a tragedy for the whole human race....................................

This fella pretty much said what I was thinking. it's probably best to not discuss your gun collection with someone at work, especially a LEO-related workplace.

Just for example, is hillary gets in the white house, your JBT wanna-be could be the first to target you in order to impress his new masters...maybe he has the "hero" mentality.  

Truth be damned on what you actually own, all it takes in one rouge ATF or FBI agent to plant evidence and it'll destroy you.

I'm just trying to say it's best to stay under the JBT radar. You know how some politicians love to put your gun collection on a white sheet in your yard for the media to take clear pics and make up whatever story they want about you.

It's best to never give them the chance.

Sorry if I'm sounding anti-LEO, that isn't what I'm trying to convey.

Just tell him you sold everything except your .38 and 10/22.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I know a few in the MT FBI office...

Maybe I should email them and link to this thread.

I think they need to know about this... assuming they are not already monitoring your network.

It's not paranoia if everyone REALLY IS out to get you!

Break out the tin foil!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#37]
DON'T TALK TO ANYBODY THAT HAS ANY POWER OVER YOU ABOUT YOUR GUNS!!!!!!  Law Enforcement would kinda' be one of dem der groups.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like Manginal Sand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

t-stox's post is his own views, not mine.

As far as the "troll" thing goes... let's just say that I wanted to see what other Law Enforcement people say about this and also the New Orleans confiscation. I really want to know if officers BELIEVE in the law they are sworn to uphold. The answer is unclear at best right now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I think it was probably him just taking the post the wrong way or seeing as a anti LEO topic. Maybe he was joking about the whole BATF and intended to have a friendly working relationship with you and took the topic the wrong way? Who knows, but obviously he was offended by it, who cares. Now as far as the BATF jokes or threats whatever they were, who knows whether he would actually do it. But, without any credible evidence and you, I am assuming anyway, being a responsible gun owner, I would take that as a grain of salt. (They joke with me too about that by the way, I just tell to shut the hell up or they get nothing but reports all night and no chow)

I'd be willing to bet he was joking about the BATF stuff, and then you sent him this and he took it the wrong way. Don't accuse me of being a JBT sympathizer either, I do work at a police dept but not as an officer. That being said I do have to agree with everyone that sending that probably was not the right thing to do. In our department and city for that matter, it would be considered non work related and probably spam which would be grounds for termination. Work is for work, work email systems are for work email is the way I look at it.  Not trying to troll or shit on your thread but just offering my opinion.

If he is an approachable guy(or even unapproachable if your really concerned about it), talk to him about it. Hell you're all adults, let him know no offense was meant and that you thought he might be interested in it. If he still gets pissy about it let it go, he might not have even taken as a personal insult from you, just was truly offended by the article/post itself. I know how wierd ofcrs can be, especially towards civilian employee's of police depts. Most of the "stand offish" officers are friendlier to us dispatchers as they have a direct working relationship with us, but other people outside of "field operations" usually do not have too many conversations aside from work related stuff.

ETA: I know some officers who have said they would not confiscate if ordered too, unless they were infact criminals. Some I am sure would just follow orders to keep a paycheck. One thing is for sure, when I get through the academy and on the street, I will lose my job before I illegally confiscate weapons from citizens for absolutely no reason at all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not even sure how to respond to your post, Supercop (or is it Robocop?). The skinhead cop in question is the self-professed "gun nut" who brought our shared interest in firearms up and proceeded to start the first conversation. You really don't mind being a total JBT, do you Oly? Bet it gets you wet just thinking about all of your "power". And in your mind, you even have the power to tell me what to do at work or tell me that I can quit if I don't like it. You are 'da man Oly! Go home and make love to your wife (or dog, or mistress, or...) tonight knowing that you are the mightiest he-man copper of them all. Give yourself a medal too. You're a hero in my book...

It's like daja-vu all over again.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate to break it to you LPDtactical, But you must've missed the whole NOLA gun confiscation thread! That thread was way out of control and violating the CoC Advocating shooting NG as well as Cops! Way out of control. Besides i like to clarify if i may, #1 i said speaking theoretically, which means it's just internet BS. #2 I was only thinking this "outloud" if that cop decided to fetch the BATF of my fellow arfcommer! Or if he "found" Meth in the guys garage. And don't act like that kind of thing has never happened EVER. I remember a case in Texas like 5 years ago where liike 65 YO grannies were being arrested for selling Cocaine which this one crooked cop "found" in their houses and cars etc. Only to find out later that it was Talcum powder mixed with trace amounts of cocaine. Turns out the guy had arrested like 30 people in this small town to set them up for some reason. And plus you gotta read the thread again, i did'nt advocate anything regarding killing cops (i'm not THAT freakin stupid) I said  

i was thinking it would be sad
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I know a few in the MT FBI office...

Maybe I should email them and link to this thread.

I think they need to know about this... assuming they are not already monitoring your network.

It's not paranoia if everyone REALLY IS out to get you!

Break out the tin foil!!!!

Oooooh... another JBT comedian/funny boy raises his head and makes a threat. Funny stuff guys! You really should go on the road with your comedy act.

And for the record --  I monitor my network. But don't let that stop you from contacting your fellow officers and wasting their time with these shinanigans. After all, they could probably use a break from being on the losing-end of the drug/meth war.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Now go back the the bridge, your banjo is lonely.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#47]
I know how you feel.  A friend (former) that I knew from the first grade joined our local PD.  I got to know several officers through him.  They were all good guys, except one.  Everyone of them said he was an asshole.  Me and asshole got into it at a party, and I decked him.  He threw the first punch, and started the fight in general.  Every one of cops, including my lifelong friend, stated on the report that I started the fight and had thrown the first punch.  I was lucky when one of the cops, I guy I hardly knew, decided to tell the truth.  Last last time I communicated with my former friend I asked him why he lied.  He told me that the guy may have been a prick, but he was one of them.  I was an "outsider."  The moral of the story:  Cops can be fun to pal around with, and seem like great guys, but don't trust them fer shit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I know how you feel.  A friend (former) that I knew from the first grade joined our local PD.  I got to know several officers through him.  They were all good guys, except one.  Everyone of them said he was an asshole.  Me and asshole got into it at a party, and I decked him.  He threw the first punch, and started the fight in general.  Every one of cops, including my lifelong friend, stated on the report that I started the fight and had thrown the first punch.  I was lucky when one of the cops, I guy I hardly knew, decided to tell the truth.  Last last time I communicated with my former friend I asked him why he lied.  He told me that the guy may have been a prick, but he was one of them.  I was an "outsider."  The moral of the story:  Cops can be fun to pal around with, and seem like great guys, but don't trust them fer shit.

And what happened to the ones the files a false report?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

BOTS....Brotherhood OTS.  A former brother in law was an LEO, and this fraternal mindset was troubling to him as well, and he was an insider.  Protect your own maybe be OK, but when it comes at the expense of complete fucking somebody else over, then it's a sickness.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Red_Label, loosen up, you're just looking more and more like an assclown.

I must be missing out on this whole Blue Wall thing. I've heard it's different up North, but down here, you'll get your ass busted by your own people if you fuck up, as it should be.  A patrol guy I know busted a CO working for his own department last year for DUI.  The vice unit in my wife's former department did busts on their own people. That stuff is foreign down here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top