Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 9:55:56 PM EDT
My nomination is Waterworld (1995), starring Kevin Costner, Jeanne Tripplehorn (rizzzzz!) and Dennis Hopper -

Found in the 2 For $10 bin at Wal-Mart -

Sort of a nautical version of Mad Max, albeit with slower transport, less sand, and a MUCH more attractive leading lady...

Well worth the admission price, IMO –
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Sort of a nautical version of Mad Max, albeit with slower transport, less sand, and a MUCH more attractive leading lady...

Sort of?

Jeesh it's a complete and utter rip off of Road Warrior.

Rogue anti-hero guy, cool vehicle, bad guys on the hunt for gas...err....dirt, small fort under attack by baddies, etc.

It's not unwatchable, but it's so completely derivative that it ruined the experience, to me. I couldn't keep on track for thinking "Oh, how Road Warrior of them" througout.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I usually watch that movie when I see it on TV.  Guess it's the post-apocalyptic setting that gets me, cause it obviously is kinda bad.  Same w/ The Postman although that one is worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top