Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:10:29 PM EDT
I got a S&W LadySmith 642 DAO today for a customer and to my surprise it has a hammer. Product#163808 is a DAO 642-2 gun according to Smith's website and all my disrtibutors but this gun IS a Model 637(hammered), marked 642-2(hammerless), has LadySmith on the side, and the rosewood grips. Smith told me it was basically a screw up on their part and was probally the only one out there! Guess I got the "only one on the planet". Basically a double rarity since Smith never made a "637 LadySmith", and 642's are supposed to be DAO.

Got any ideas on what this "One of a Kind" would be worth??

ps.............I AM NOT SELLING IT!!

S & W 642 LadySmith

Mine (S&W 642 LadySmith)

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
We have about 5 officers on my job with the 637 with ladysmith on it. Its a very nice gun

enjoy
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
My understanding is that mis-marked Smiths are not that valuable.  THough I hope I am wrong.  My Dad has a 40 year old Model 10 that is stamped 64.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We have about 5 officers on my job with the 637 with ladysmith on it. Its a very nice gun

enjoy

They have hammers on them?
I was trying to find out how many of these may be out there. Smith didn't seem to think there were anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top