Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 8:07:41 PM EDT
Dont want to get into the details, but my roommate was seriously abused, and due to a negligent doctor, put uncomfortably close to death due to an overdose of anesthesia.  She was then abused by the nurses because she would not snap out of her sedated state due to an overdose of sedatives.  She was the last appointment of the day and the nurse "is not going to fucking stand around all night and babysit you, so you better get with it"
The lawyers have already been contacted, but I want to  make them hurt every way I can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.handelonthelaw.com

Safari has just been raped.............

All I want is a federal department where I can file a complaint
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't believe these types of offenses are  part of the US code, and therefore regulated by the state penal code, I would contact your locat State Attorney General's office to see where to proceed.  (of course its possible that I'm wrong and the Fed does enforce this, but even so, I'm sure the State AG will point you in the right direction.)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't believe these types of offenses are  part of the US code, and therefore regulated by the state penal code, I would contact your locat State Attorney General's office to see where to proceed.  (of course its possible that I'm wrong and the Fed does enforce this, but even so, I'm sure the State AG will point you in the right direction.)

I am already preparing the complaints for both the Michigan AG, as well as the Dept of Public Health.
Also contacting the licensing departments for the speciality of the doctor, and the Nursing Licensing Department.
ALSO contacting the National Association of doctors dealing in this particular speciality.

I should mention that the incident occured during an outpatient procedure.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you are doing a lot for your friend, which is a good thing.  Now I would personally suggest that you also concentrate on getting your friend some counseling (if you haven't already done so)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sounds like you are doing a lot for your friend, which is a good thing.  Now I would personally suggest that you also concentrate on getting your friend some counseling (if you haven't already done so)

The insurance co is working on that.  I believe that they are also freezing all relations with this particular clinic pending a investigation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh Im livid.  This type of treatment gets you an express ticket to hell.  The nurses must not have realized that the overdose of medication may have caused the patient to be essentially paralyzed, but causes her to be quite alert.  She remembers the needle being inserted into her body, and not being able to express her pain due to the excessive medication.  Pervious procedures went very well, so we are quite surprised that this one went so badly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I can tell you're going through a really rough time right now, but as I said before it sounds like you are doing all you can for your friend, I'm just glad for you that things didnt work out worse (I'm assuming your friend is going to make a physical recovery?)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I can tell you're going through a really rough time right now, but as I said before it sounds like you are doing all you can for your friend, I'm just glad for you that things didnt work out worse (I'm assuming your friend is going to make a physical recovery?)

Shes doing ok now.  She spent about 36 hours in bed, usual recovery time is 3 hours.  Her memory is really faint on some details of the recovery period.  We had lenghty discussions about stuff, and she dosnt remember, but I have been slipping in tests, and it looks like she isnt having any memory problems now.
Kept asking her to write up a signed statement of what she remembers at the clinic, and she kept acting it was the first time I asked her to do it.  Finally got her to write it up tonite.
thanks for your concern.
I guess that I cant do anything Federal with this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah you probably won't be able to do anything Federal, but that doesn't mean it won't be taken seriously, for example almost all homicides are prosecuted on the state level unless there is something specific to make the Fed prosecute them (such as taking place on federal property)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
You can contact JHACO. It is an agency who tries to promote Hospital patient safety and care standards. Each hospital and treatment facility must keep their accredidation in order to be eligible for certain federal funds, which most need in order to survive.
You should be able to log a complaint there. Also the Board of Licensed Physician for your complaints about the doctor. For the nurse you should also contact the Board of Nursing for the state in which the treatment took place.
Also include the owners of clinic.
Good luck!!!
Edited to add:
If you are still looking for a good lawyer I would go with the MartinDale-Hubble directory. It gives a good listing and even rates them. That is the directory attorneys use when they look for someone to refer cases to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top