Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:02:04 PM EDT
The Carhart thread got me thinking about these.

Outdoorsy people (farmers, hunters, horsemen, etc) in Europe swear by these, especially for thier waterproofness.  Of course then city people started wearing them too as status symbols like Land Rovers that never go off road.

They have game pockets in them, which snap in and out so you can wash them, which would be nice.  

They seem like the British equivilent of Carhart, except they cost a whole bunch more.  However, they are wax impregnated so they shed rain, but then the wax has to be redone ever so many years.  I've heard a lot of praise for them, and a lot of people seem to keep them for 20 years, but not by people who would use them like we would  Any of ya'll have a Barbour?

www.jacketsusa.com/barbour/20.htm

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
www.filson.com

These are similar and made right here in America.  I have one and it is waterproof as heck.  Lifetime guarenteed and as good as it gets.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top