Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 5:18:23 PM EDT
I'm required to do a science fair project this year and need some ideas. I was thinking about doing something that invovled my guns (preferably my AR or 10/22). Building a ballistic buffalo or a backstop are the ideas I have right now and seem to be easiset and best choices, however... I'm open for suggestions and ideas that would be cool to do for a project. Please keep them somewhat simple since I dont have access to fancy equipment, and I am in the 11th grade.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
explain trajectory between to two diffrent rounds
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]

explain trajectory between to two diffrent rounds

What could I do with explaining trajectory? I have to present a scientific or engineering problem,  create a hypothesis, and then test it. Go into depth some more.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
go into details of ballistic coeffecient. Show how two bullets of the same weight but different BC have different trajectories.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
How tannerite works. Use the AR15.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Box 'O Truth.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How tannerite works. Use the AR15.

thats a great idea.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]
BOX 'O truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact OldPainless
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I never heard of tannerite or the Box 'O Truth.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm required to do a science fair project this year and need some ideas. I was thinking about doing something that invovled my guns (preferably my AR or 10/22). Building a ballistic buffalo or a backstop are the ideas I have right now and seem to be easiset and best choices, however... I'm open for suggestions and ideas that would be cool to do for a project. Please keep them somewhat simple since I dont have access to fancy equipment, and I am in the 11th grade.

I think this is true.  if you drop a bullet and shoot a bullet from perfect horizontal (both from the same height and at the same time, they hit the ground at the same time.  I don't know why, but I am in awe of this.

Is it true?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I never heard of tannerite or the Box 'O Truth.

One of the best sites ever!!!!!!!!!!111oneoonetwo
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Do a balistic pendulum to show coservation of momentum.  Basically, shoot a gun at a hanging piece of wood, so the bullet gets lodged in the wood.  Measure how far it swings back.  Repeat several times.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is true.  if you drop a bullet and shoot a bullet from perfect horizontal (both from the same height and at the same time, they hit the ground at the same time.  I don't know why, but I am in awe of this.

Is it true?  

yes...

(NERD MODE ENGAGE)

Basically, horizontal velocity and vertical velocity are totally independant.  That is, gravity affects both the bullet being fired and the bullet being dropped in the same fashion, causing them to fall at the same rate.  The fact that the fired bullet moved in the x direction has nothing to do with what's going on in the y direction.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw a high speed photograph once of a handgun which claimed to prove that recoil started after the bullet had left the barrel. Of course, someone who actually shoots knows that not only the the gun begin to move when the bullet does, but the difference can be demonstrated in the different points-of-impact of various loads and bullet weights. It might be an interesting but simple and cheap way to demonstrate that the camera really does not see everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top