Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 5:16:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
yea, I feel the same way..
My $100 Sony Video editor does not support dual layer burning...
the Sony $400 video editor does support it though...
I wrote them and they replied that they would release a patch "soon"

ETA: ShowBiz DVD does support it and it came with my HP burner.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy Nero from HERE. Don't worry about them saying that it requires a hardware purchase, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I spoke with this guy who bought a Sony DVD-DL burner, the supplied Nero with the burner created quite a few "coasters," ie there were errors in the burning process, so he bought the Nero and now burns DVDs better without the errors. My suggestion spend the extra bucks and buy a regular version of Nero.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Is DL media still $$$.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a dual layer burner recently.  Burns the shit out of DVD -R discs, but seems to dislike Fuji disks.

I have been using CloneDVD, and it has provision to burn DL discs, so I pick up a five pack for $20 (Memorex, I'm not going to cheap out on expensive media)... but fuck me sideways if my drive won't burn it.  CloneDVD says the media is not large enough.

So I try Nero, and it recognizes the amount of free space... but when I start to burn... BAM!  Power Calibration Failure.  

WTF, over?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
CloneDVD is the only way to go

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you tried another brand of media, from what I understand some drives are media specific. I have been told by my DVD drive company, Buslink, that Memorex was not compitable with their DVD drive. They recommend TDK, Maxell, Sony etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just buy Nero from HERE. Don't worry about them saying that it requires a hardware purchase, it doesn't.

Whats the catch?

Not a damn thing, I use the same thing from the same place.

It's just OEM software, usually sold with a CD/DVD burner. Usually you have to buy hardware to get that cheap price, but they don't seem to care. They say you have to buy hardware, but just put it in you basket and checkout. No Problem. Then go to to Aheads website and update it to the most current version.

I found out about the deal at anandtech.com's HOTDEALS forum.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
CloneDVD is the only way to go

The only problem with that is that many of the free DVD authoring and ripping programs use Nero to burn, so you need to have nero installed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]
The pay version of Nero is an amazing deal.  I think it is the best value out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top