Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 4:26:50 PM EDT
my.ev1.net/english/news/newsarticle.asp?articleID=49939437&subject=business

Wonder what the chances are that I could...
1. Own a home that the majority of the cost is subsidized by the .gov
2. Not pay homeowners insurance, but expect to have my home and property covered by "someone".
3. Not make the mortgage payments on my home (which I do not insure and that I bought through some  .gov subsidy program) and expect the lender to just freeze foreclosing on my property.

When will the insanity end????
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
pssshh. Then you'll think your kids will get scholarships for no legitimate reason.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]

NAACP Urges Freeze on ForeclosuresCapitalism
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, the NAACP is already screaming for the Federal govrnment to PROVIDE flood insurance to the citizens of NOLA.

I continued to be amazed every day at the stupidity of our society.

"The IQ of the planet is a constant.  The populaiton is increasing."

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Reparations = bad word

Freeze foreclosure = good words
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Many poor people lost their savings, in cash, which was stashed under mattresses and in teapots.

right...cause either they had too much to carry or it all happened so fast they didnt have time to even think about grabbing the cash.  

wft do people come up with this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]

The studies have found that disproportionate numbers of blacks and Hispanics have subprime mortgages, which are high-interest loans to homeowners deemed riskier because of tarnished credit histories or other factors.

Did this dawn on anybody else that it is "common" sense to charge more interest for riskier loans?  Ever heard of "Junk" Bonds?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The studies have found that disproportionate numbers of blacks and Hispanics have subprime mortgages, which are high-interest loans to homeowners deemed riskier because of tarnished credit histories or other factors.

Did this dawn on anybody else that it is "common" sense to charge more interest for riskier loans?  Ever heard of "Junk" Bonds?

Yes bad credit means you get a high interest loan.  
Sorry but if you have credit that is "tore up from the floor up" you don't get to enjoy lower interest rates.
Too Bad So Sad…
I also think it’s a sham that the NAACP is also trying to "add" Hispanic people to its "agenda".  
Typically the Hispanic people that have lower credit scores are usually due to the fact that they have little or no credit.  Not because they went out and ruined theirs, then turned around and stole their kids SS# and ruined it for them too.  
I remember numerous times while working retail in the wireless industry we would have "certain" people who after we ran the credit (and came back denied) would ask if we could run their child’s SS#.  WTH is up with that???
Anyways I guess its racist to expect people to pay their bills and establish/build their credit score just like everyone else does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top