Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 2:00:40 PM EDT
Officemax has them on sale for 10 bucks for a hundred of them.  I burn music on them, but is there a way to also burn movies on them as well?  

Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
VCD , usually takes two CD's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

and the quality is shit

Don't bother.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Convert the movies to Divx and burn away.

Quality isn't too bad, either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I hav ebeen able to make mini DVDs (or soemthign liek that, it is what my software calls them) they are a DVD for all intents and purposes except on a CD, they also hold alot less, I have never tried puttign a movie on one yet, just the odd interestign episode of Family Guy and the like.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just looking to burn some home movies (kids playing soccer, etc.) onto disc.  I've had good luck with the more expensive discs, but for kicks, wanted to see if I could get them to burn on the cheapo discs.  

I'm still going to burn them on the more expensive discs, but guess I just wanted to see if it could be done.  

vmax84

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
VCD's usually two discs
SVCD's usually three discs

VCD's will play in most DVD players.

Quality can be shitty or great (DVD quality) it just depends on your video source. The frame rate is slower but not noticable.

for any VCD help look at vcdhelp.com
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and the quality is shit

Don't bother.

Not that bad. Depends on the source.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top