Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:13:37 PM EDT
Suspect has no prior convictions, was intoxicated, and the arresting officer wasn't harmed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Suspect has no prior convictions, was intoxicated, and the arresting officer wasn't harmed.

Okay, what did you do?

Seriously, first offense, probably probation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe time served and probation, or 90-day suspended, I'd guess. However, there are about a gazillion other factors that will play into this.

Who got Tazered?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My idiot brother.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
"The lord tells me he can get me out of this, but he's pretty sure..you're FU$%ED!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
1-3 years informal probation and a $100.00 fine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Here in San Diego you are likely to be summarily shot by the police, so there is no sentence per se.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it depends too on his remorse for his action.  He needs to start kissing booty like it was what he was born to do.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No Fuc$%^ way....1-3 years for resisting arrest with no priors.  Our system is so fucked up...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think it depends too on his remorse for his action.  He needs to start kissing booty like it was what he was born to do.

Patty

That's not his style.  He's got a lawyer and he's going to do his level best to beat the rap.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here in San Diego you are likely to be summarily shot by the police, so there is no sentence per se.

The CHiP Conviscators are pretty tough to the locals, eh?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Fuc$%^ way....1-3 years for resisting arrest with no priors.  Our system is so fucked up...

Oh yes, the system loves to get people under it's control, giving up 4th amendmend rights, etc
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Inf Probation, not jail.  Not even formal probation.  Informal. meaning no reporting to a PO, no drug tests, no weapons restrictions.  Carry on with you life as normal but if you get convicted on another misdemeanor of felony during the informal probation term you get your probation onnthe prior charge revoked.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, it is soooo out of control.. that there is only a 2.2% incarceration rate for all crimes commited.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Inf Probation, not jail.  Not even formal probation.  Informal. meaning no reporting to a PO, no drug tests, no weapons restrictions.  Carry on with you life as normal but if you get convicted on another misdemeanor of felony during the informal probation term you get your probation onnthe prior charge revoked.

OK...thanks for the clarification.  Sorry for the outburst as I OBVIOUSLY didn't catch the informal part.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yes, the system loves to get people under it's control, giving up 4th amendmend rights, etc

Informal probation generally does not included search & seizure conditions uless that proation is for theft or receiving stolen property.

What to you think to punishment should be for running from the cops when lawfully detained?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You forgot most likely getting your ass kicked
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What to you think to punishment should be for running from the cops when lawfully detained?

If nobody got hurt?  $50 ticket.  If he put people in danger (car chase) or someone got hurt then a real punishment.  Ya'll take the fun out of everything these days.    
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'll hold onto your guns during your incarceration period.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Informal probation generally does not included search & seizure conditions uless that proation is for theft or receiving stolen property.

It just seems that the penalties for Joe Shithead that get drunk one night and gets a bit stupid are disproportionately severe relative to what the more hardened criminal element in our society get.  1-3 years probabaton for this guy, and the all too often heard 90 days in prison for the guy that feels up a 2yr old.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I had to go to an alcohol class and i was 19 fun as heck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I had to go to an alcohol class and i was 19 fun as heck.

You mean like wine tasting...cool
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#24]
No priors, first offense, no one got hurt, with enough money he can make it all go away. Really.

I don't know about your jurisdiction but here you can enter into court agreements where you basically pay a hefty fine and learn your lesson, it doesn't even go on your record--if it's your first offense, no one got hurt and it's not a DUI.

Unless they got him on tape fighting with the officers I doubt the resisting arrest will stick. They usually charge people with resisting as a matter of course. If you drop to the floor and don't move it is considered resisting... My brother says that 90% of his clients get the resisting dropped before trial if no one was throwing punches.

His lawyer will probably have him go for the public nuisance (loud stereo, drunk in public) and pay an outrageous fine. That'll be fine for the county, which makes some good coin and doesn't have to supervise your brother's probation.

Just make sure he pays the fine himself.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If nobody got hurt?  $50 ticket.  If he put people in danger...

Running from the police always puts people in danger.  Suspects run into traffic causing collisions.  Other officers responding to assist sometimes crash or cause collisions.  Pursuing officers often suffer ankle, knee, back injuries.  Broken fingers/hands are not uncommon. Bruises, sprains, cuts & scrapes are common. There have been several recent cases of middle aged officers nearing retirement dropping dead after a foot pursuit.

Property damage is common when suspects climb over back yard fences that were not built to take it, break open gates, trip over sprinkler heads, run into car mirrors. Assaults and vandalism being specific intent crimes are routinely ignored if they were incidental to the fleeing/resisting and the only charge is the resisting arrest.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You get to meet Mr. Pavement & the Gravel family.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems like the definition of resisting arrest is quite broad, by that I mean the actions one can take which might constitute that charge.   There's running from the police and then there's just being uncooperative to being handcuffed (like a drunk might do).  

So, clearly there needs to be 1st degree Arrest Resistance, 2nd Degree Arrest Resistence, and so on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know, but I do know that fucking Eureka, Missouri is a shit-hole full of cock-gobbling,

dick-doctoring, money hungry, speed-trapping fucktards. That's just an FYI.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
it used to be 50 thuds with a maglight. Not sure since most guys are carrying surefires now

Can we say "thud" here?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I don't know, but I do know that fucking Eureka, Missouri is a shit-hole full of cock-gobbling,

No speeding on "Farty-Far" in STL Co. But, you apparently know that now...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
it used to be 50 thuds with a maglight. Not sure since most guys are carrying surefires now

Can we say "thud" here?  

shhhhhhhhhhh.........

their watching

Corporal punishment for a being a dumbass is fine with me.  Back in the day when LE and the community were tighter, people would of held the person down for their lickiin'.  Sure beats all the formality of the system today
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#33]

You're probably looking at an ass kicking on the front end and a fine on the back end.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You're probably looking at an ass kicking on the front end and a fine on the back end.

How about an ass kickin' and a case of beer for the LE that had to punish you.  It can't get much worse than needing to buy the punishers beer....that's humiliating.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You get to meet Mr. Pavement & the Gravel family.

Heheheh, yes, his face had scabs and had bruises on his arms when I saw him today.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#36]
His dog must die.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hmm, nobody ever showed you a speedometer and told you what it was for?  My, My what are these driver training instructors up to these days?  Or did you just not pay attention to the lessons and signs?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:04:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about an ass kickin' and a case of beer for the LE that had to punish you.  It can't get much worse than needing to buy the punishers beer....that's humiliating.

I like that.

How abou this -

Having to give the cops that kicked your rass a case of beer.....ON THE EVENING NEWS!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that.

How abou this -

Having to give the cops that kicked your rass a case of beer.....ON THE EVENING NEWS!!!!!!!!

Problem:  Some lawyer will see a bruised and battered man that had a moment of drunkin' restless buying the police the beer.........I think you can see where I'm going with this....complications now arise:

1.  Lawyers get involved
2.  Fellow LEO get jealous b/c they want beer, too
3.  Some of the "naughty" LEOs start beating people for no other reason than to get beer.

Complications...the whole point was to make it simple for all involved

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:30:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Depends on the part of the country you are in. In LA four cops beat you with batons while the rest watch.  The cops then get tried for excessive force found not guilty and the city riots. Just kidding, i have never been arrested or had the urge to resist arrest.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Here at the municipal level(misd.), you would merely get a fine. Probably not more than $250.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top