Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 11:38:23 AM EDT
Sad but true. Today of all things they could have done to screw up yet another delivery they decided to be real clever & screw me over in a bright new way. They decided it would be a fun game to give my package to  as it says on the delivery location a "MC MAN" Now myself wondering just wtf a mc man is I called ups & asked. All they could tell me was it was given to a man on the property....OH YAY!^^ seeing that I'm here alone & didn't get the delivery now I get to play the "who the f*ck got a early xmas present game I need a drink so bad right now
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#1]
So if they don't get the name of the person who actually received the package they put "MC MAN" into the computer???
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So if they don't get the name of the person who actually received the package they put "MC MAN" into the computer???

Yeah they told me no signature was required & it was left with a man on the property. Then he asked could a neighbor have gotten it & I told him I doubt it ,my closest neighbor is a good 300yds away. Why would he drive over to the next house & leave a package with a neighbor anyway
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok heres the 411 on MC Man.  In the DIAD (that brown computer board that drivers carry) there are options once a package is released without a signature.  Any package that DOES NOT REQUIRE a signature is to be left at the address out of sight and out of weather.  If said package is a driver release package meaning no signature and a person answers the door the folowing options are selected in the board.  (MC means MADE CONTACT)  MC man MC woman MC boy MC girl.   Option A) the driver misdelivered your package to the wrong house and MC with a man,  Option B) the driver delivered the package to you and youre claiming you didnt get it (dont scoff it happens all the time)  Option C)  Driver left your package somewhere around your house and hit the wrong buttton in the diad, Option D)  He delivered the package to your house and your wife is cheating on you cause he gave it to the guy who answered the door (once again dont scoff happens all the time)  Any other UPS questions I can answer for you Id be happy to help.  Drove for those fuckers for 4 years full time and did a ten year stint with that shit assed company.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I can tell you for sure it wasn't MC Nielsen
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok heres the 411 on MC Man.  In the DIAD (that brown computer board that drivers carry) there are options once a package is released without a signature.  Any package that DOES NOT REQUIRE a signature is to be left at the address out of sight and out of weather.  If said package is a driver release package meaning no signature and a person answers the door the folowing options are selected in the board.  (MC means MADE CONTACT)  MC man MC woman MC boy MC girl.   Option A) the driver misdelivered your package to the wrong house and MC with a man,  Option B) the driver delivered the package to you and youre claiming you didnt get it (dont scoff it happens all the time)  Option C)  Driver left your package somewhere around your house and hit the wrong buttton in the diad, Option D)  He delivered the package to your house and your wife is cheating on you cause he gave it to the guy who answered the door (once again dont scoff happens all the time)  Any other UPS questions I can answer for you Id be happy to help.  Drove for those fuckers for 4 years full time and did a ten year stint with that shit assed company.  

Seriously?

We need to talk.

Drop in here and give me some advice.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sad but true. Today of all things they could have done to screw up yet another delivery they decided to be real clever & screw me over in a bright new way. They decided it would be a fun game to give my package to  as it says on the delivery location a "MC MAN" Now myself wondering just wtf a mc man is I called ups & asked. All they could tell me was it was given to a man on the property....OH YAY!^^ seeing that I'm here alone & didn't get the delivery now I get to play the "who the f*ck got a early xmas present game I need a drink so bad right now

so let me get this straight? rather than coming to your door or in some way assuring that the right person got the package they just handed it to someone on your property? do you live near an open street?

dang that pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure it wasn't delivered to MC Hammer?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, I can tell you for sure it wasn't MC Nielsen

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so let me get this straight? rather than coming to your door or in some way assuring that the right person got the package they just handed it to someone on your property? do you live near an open street?

That's how it looks yeah. The street I'm on has no sidewalk no near by stores or anything , the houses are a good distance apart. For all I know he could have handed it to someone that was using my driveway to turn around

dang that pisses me off.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
....He delivered the package to your house and your wife is cheating on you cause he gave it to the guy who answered the door (once again dont scoff happens all the time)  ....

Funny you mentioned it, a buddy of mine from Texas who works for my company here in OKC on weekdays and only go home on weekends found out about his cheating wife via UPS.

Poor guy sent a package for his wife for her birthday by UPS next day air saver, when he checked the UPS tracking site, it showed some asshat named Jared signed for the package, buddy of mine confronted his wife about it. Initially, she denied it but he hired a PI and confirmed his suspicions.

The morals on most women these days are slowly on a decline.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#12]
"MC MAN" means that the driver met the customer and the customer was a man.  It indicates that it wasn't left on the porch or with a neighbor nor did anyone sign for it.   There are other selections the driver can use such as "MC WOMAN", left bush, back porch, front porch etc, it all depends on what the center management programmed into the DIAD board system.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#13]
-tag- i wanna find out what happened....UPS always messes things up.  I used to work for PakMail and if a customer said that a package HAD to be there or was FRAGILE, we would NEVER use UPS. Doesn't matter how well it was packaged, it would get broken and no matter how clear the address, it would get lost.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#14]

The phone call I was supposedly going to get from ups and hour after I originally called them turned into a email reply that took them 3 days to send.

Now remember these asshats left the package with "MC MAN"

Here's what they sent me today

"Thank you for your inquiry.  Our system indicates your shipment was
delivered to xxxx WALTON RD
xxxxxx xxxx OH 44146 on 09/14/05 at 2:36pm and was left with a customer a
woman."

Hey wow now MC MAN is a woman! So I guess they gave my delivery to a transvestite?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If said package is a driver release package meaning no signature and a person answers the door the folowing options are selected in the board.  (MC means MADE CONTACT)  MC man MC woman MC boy MC girl.

Nice 411.

What happens if the driver leaves it at the tool shed? Is there an option for MC Hammer?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The morals on most women people these days are slowly on a decline.

IBTTPL

In Before The Thin Pink Line
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top