Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 10:54:08 AM EDT
For me, everything my ex cooked, or didn't cook, was bad  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife is pretty well-rounded in her cooking abilities. Theres the occasional bomb when she first tries something new, but then she redoes it and works out whereever the mistakes were. Shes a better cook then I am, so I am not going to throw any stones.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife is a pretty good cook, too.  Her best dish by far is one we all call "Fuzzy Chicken" but it's really just a breaded parmesan chicken.

It picked up the fun name when my son was little.  He couldn't say parmesan very easily so he just called it "fuzzy chicken" cause that's what it looks like.  

- CD
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The only compliment my exhusband has ever paid me since our divorce was "I'm going to really miss the food you and your family cook."  I think it was the food that kept us together for as long as it did too .  

Patty
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]
She makes the BEST Asian sesame chichen with rice noddles.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
A Goose for Christmas.  

Wow, it was bad.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Married 16 years - one bad dish: thyme potatoes. We still talk about it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#7]
my wife makes the best chicken fried steak and gravy i've ever eaten any where.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not married but my mom makes awesome lasagna. Also thanksgiving turkey, yum. Last year she made duck for the first time (I've never had it either), it smoked up the place like crazy, and ended up just tasting like turkey anyway, hehe (it was good though).
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife is a great cook, likes to cook a variety of food, and I'll eat anything....LIFE IS GOOD at dinner time.

Worst Effort:  some sort of pudding cake with a merange topping.  Humid weather, merange didn't work out, almost like soup.  So I told her to just mix it all up in a bowl..It went from:

Puddinig Pie>>>>>Pie Crust Puddin'     It was a hit!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Pie, what else?

Mrs. Sydwaiz cooks a mean meatloaf and lasagna.  Not often enough though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Her best dish is probably her vegetable lasagna.  I absolutely love it, and I'm a sworn carnivore.  That's how good it is.

The worst thing she made I think was either some crockpot rice pudding that she really likes but I didn't care for, or maybe a pork chop dish with a dark gravy that just didn't taste very good.

But those are rare exceptions.  She can go into the kitchen and whip up something out of skimpy pantry supplies that will absolutely knock your socks off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Last year she made duck for the first time (I've never had it either), it smoked up the place like crazy, and ended up just tasting like turkey anyway, hehe (it was good though).

That's weird.  Both times I've cooked duck, it tasted a lot like darkmeat chicken.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Veal Marsala.

Couldn't figure out why it tasted so odd.

Reason:  It was lamb, not veal.  Lamb Marsala is fucking awful.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
My 1st. wife in a kitchen was a work in progress. She made a meatloaf one time that had a outer crust 'bout 1/2 " thick and when i cut into it with a puma folder, you still could not eat it , don't know what she put in it. So, i went out back and threw it to my 2 German Shepherds, with my apology. One of them would not eat it! then i told her:next time you want to make this, just go ahead and give the meat to the dogs before you waste it. Never had meatloaf since. She did learn how to make a good Gumbo, but it took years to get there And yes ,she divorced my ass in '88 and i still am grateful to her for ending the misery of 16 wasted years, even tho she cleaned my clock at the time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Pie, what else?

Mrs. Sydwaiz cooks a mean meatloaf and lasagna.  Not often enough though.

God how I love meatloaf...with mashed taters...the next day a cold meatloaf samwich and a beer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Many many moons ago my ex tried to bake an apple pie for my fathers birthday. She knew that he liked cinnamon so instead of adding 1 teaspoon to the apples she used 1/2 cup. Being the loving father-in-law he was he ate it and never said a word about it, TO HER. As soon as she left the room he grabbed me by the shirt collars and told me never ask him over to eat unless I cooked. Then he started pleading for a box of bicarbonate of soda.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Many many moons ago my ex tried to bake an apple pie for my fathers birthday. She knew that he liked cinnamon so instead of adding 1 teaspoon to the apples she used 1/2 cup. Being the loving father-in-law he was he ate it and never said a word about it, TO HER. As soon as she left the room he grabbed me by the shirt collars and told me never ask him over to eat unless I cooked. Then he started pleading for a box of bicarbonate of soda.

Ugh!  

HALF A CUP of cinnamon?!  Stop buying spices at Sams Club!  When the whole bottle is only 2 ounces, maybe that'll be a clue.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife's pretty good with smoked pole.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My wife's pretty good with smoked pole.

I've never had smoked pole...care to share the recipe
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#22]
My mother-in-law did the majority of our cooking as she really enjoyed doing it.  Luckily my wife would watch her now and then.  When my MIL passed away, my wife took over the cooking.  She had always made a great lasagna and spaghetti, but at least she tried to exand her horizons.  After 5 years, she does really good and I make sure to tell her how good it tastes, no matter what, which is usually true most of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top