Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 10:49:25 AM EDT
Keeping in mind the beautiful events which unfolded in NOLA recently . . .

If you lived in NC and your governor asked you to evacuate . .

Would you leave your property and home as requested?

Or, would you stay to protect everything you've spent a lifetime working for?

For me? Damn, it's a tough call. I know I like my junk, and my house, and dogs.

What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure I'd run from a Catagory 1.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#2]

That's right! EVERYONE ON THE WAGON! EVACUATE THE COUNTRY!!! QUICK!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, NC is not in a bowl the way NOLA is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Above sea level - Check
Reasonably strong house - Check
Proper storm prep - Check
Provisions - Check
Tools - Check

I'll brave a Cat. 1.  Send my family away to stay, and I'll stick with the homestead.  My house won't get looted, and I'll do a good job for the neighbors as well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm insured. Why do I want to sit in the dark for a week and subject my family to a survival situation when I could be in a Comfort Inn somewhere drinking a cold beer and watching in-room movies?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on Geography, storm strength, squirrel stash, and location of family members.

For me I would stay. But I am not like other people and would never live in a flood plane or in a metropolitan area. If I did I would defiantly have a means of evacuation. A small boat and motor are cheap. I have one but I know I would never need it where I live.

I remember watching a movie once and it took place along the Mississippi river. This old crusty gram-pa dude had a small skiff in his attic. Everyone thought he was a crazy old guy, but he turned out to be the hero and save everyones ass. I would be like the old crusty dude.

Samuel
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
depends on the size of the storm.
wind gusts up to 78 right now.

back door is leaking like crazy, I had to peel the carpet back and shop vac-ing up the water every 15 minutes. I need to get a storm door.
gate is going to need repair too.
I wonder about my boat on the rack at the marina.

some of the neighbors houses are missing shingles and some have the siding peeled off.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
What part of NC is being hit?.....I have my Sis in Wilson!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Above sea level - Check
Reasonably strong house - Check
Proper storm prep - Check
Provisions - Check
Tools - Check

I'll brave a Cat. 1.  Send my family away to stay, and I'll stick with the homestead.  My house won't get looted, and I'll do a good job for the neighbors as well.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top