Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:03:04 AM EDT
"LEARN TO CALL THE POLICE”
I have a very light sleep, one of those nights I noted that there was something going on my backyard.
I rise silently and remained watching outside to know where the noises were coming from, until I saw a silhouette passing through the bathroom window, since my house is very secure with bars on windows and dead bolts on doors It did not worry me too much, but I was not going to let the thief hanging around my house, therefore still watching him, I called to the police and informed the situation, they immediately asked if the thief was armed or if he already was in the house, I answered stating that he was out and saw no weapons, so they said to me that there were no units available to come to my neighborhood but that they would send one as soon as possible and it would take at least 30 to 45 minutes to get here, I hanged-up.  A minute later I called back and I said with soothing voice: “Hello, a while ago I called because there was someone in my backyard, there is no need for you to speed-up your units to my home anymore, I already killed the thief with  my .12GA. shotgun that I keep for these situations”....
After no more than three minutes, 5 police cars, an helicopter, a rescue unit, one TV crew, two radio stations, two newspaper reporters, Human Rights Watch and church representatives arrived at my street. They catch the thief, who was watching  astonished everything that was going on around him, in the very act of breaking into my home.....
In the middle of the riot the Chief of Police comes to me and says: “I’m sure you said that you had killed the thief” and I answered very calmed “I’m sure you told me that there were no units available to come and help me”....

Any similarity to reality is pure coincidence.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a good idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top