Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:23:21 AM EDT
Well we are into September here and I still have not gotten my TAX return. I filed my 1040 actually had the accountant do it. I filled out some form so my wife can get a TAX ID number so I can claim here as a dependant,(she is Canadian) I sent in a Notorized copy of her birth certificate and drivers Licence. Just as the directions said I should. Then in July I get a letter saying I should call them or write down a good time for them to call me. I was told what I sent them was not ample proof of citizenship, even tho thats what the form said I could send in. I have not heard from them by phone they were suppose to call me. Then after several times of calling them long distance and waiting for over an hour and not talking to anyone. Today I get a letter from them stating my application has been rejected. I dont know what I am going to do. Does anybody know whats going on at the IRS? Do I have to go to one of thier offices?

This is my money they owe me. If I owed them money they would garnish my wages.

I just needed to blow off some steam.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You are not alone. Similar problem here, only more fupped up.
Did you send your 1040 and W7 to Philadelphia? That is where you are supposed to send it if trying to get a ITIN number, but it won't do any good, I think this is where they send the mentally challenged IRS drones.

I sent mine in and get a letter back that because I didn't file a W7, I can not claim my daughter and her child credit was not allowed. I called them and was told that they had no record of my W7 (the idiots LOST IT).

I made copies of my 1040 and W7 and sent it to them with a letter explaining that I DID file a W7 and was enclosing COPIES of BOTH (I also stapled the W7 at all 4 corners so they would not lose it). The morons sent everything back (with the W7 copy severely torn from being ripped off of the 1040) because I DID NOT SIGN MY 1040 and it could not be processed until I did!!! It had "COPY" stamped on every page! They have already sent me my refund, so they have to know I already filed,  but the retard that processed my papers can't read English or look up the fact the I already filed.

Oh well, on to round 3
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
You think YOU need to blow off steam!?  Tomorrow is September 15th.  Guess what!  My 2005 Estimated tax payments are due!  Woo Hoo!  I get to pay ahead in 4 quarterly installments because Uncle Fucking Sam doesn't think I'll pay it in April.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]

ERRRR I am so mad at the IRS

Through a stroke of pure genius, they managed to send my refund (for this year) to my old address from several years ago.

Oddly enough, I didn't get the check. maybe they should have sent it to my current address, like they did last year.

Anyway, I filled out the paperwork to have a new check issued, but I haven't seen it yet, either.

So, don't feel like the lone ranger.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#4]
The place to call is the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service at 1-877-777-4778. This is a "customer service" function in the IRS to resolve taxpayer issues that have not been handled through normal channels.

I would have all the information available dealing with your particular problem, and speak in a calm, sympathetic voice. I have seen these folks really cut through the red tape and make the problem go away. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You think YOU need to blow off steam!?  Tomorrow is September 15th.  Guess what!  My 2005 Estimated tax payments are due!  Woo Hoo!  I get to pay ahead in 4 quarterly installments because Uncle Fucking Sam doesn't think I'll pay it in April.

Yeah, and if you don't pay it, you get a nice penalty.  Even though you can pay it all at the end of the year.  I wonder why they don't do this with refunds.  Pay them out quarterly?  Care to guess?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top