Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:23:12 AM EDT

Check this out....I actually got to stumble onto the latest sighting of the Phoenix Lights Phenomenon on Monday night!!!!  Most interstingly I got to watch them DISAPPEAR, one by one.  Intersting phenomenon.

Here's the link to the news story about it.

www.azfamily.com/unexplained/stories/KTVKUnexplained20050913.54ef7535.html

A couple of other folks at work, who were alo on their way in to work at teh same time observed this also.

If you are intersted I'll add more about the sighting as I observed it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate having to register for this.  [lazy]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
It's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
they've been here for a long time
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:28:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Without checking the link, is this the preacher that summons the lights?

That IS very weird....

HH
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I hate having to register for this.  [lazy]

Oh, Ihated that, too....but it only takes a second.....it's only a tiny blurb.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#7]
For the lazy:

Now, this picture doesn't show the actual color of the objects, they appear white in the photo but they were actually a brilliant, beautiful deep yellow.  I was futher to the east of the phenomenon and they were just a little more spaced apart from each other but this is the formation they were in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
falling flares?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#9]
heilcopter spotlights,they each turn their lights off one at a time till they are gone!
so now it is explained

so what is the none believers in aliens claim it to be?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
falling flares?

Nope, familar with many types of flares from the Army.  These were brilliant, solid and a golden yellow....extremely bright!!!  Much brighter than incoming aircraft landing lights....in fact they were too far south of the PHX incoming eastbound flight corridor.

There was NO twinkling or guttering and they maintained a steady altitude during the two to three minutes that I witnessed them.  However the relationship between them changed slowly as I drove further soutdward.

By the way, this occurred on Monday night at approximately 9:03 PM.  They had disappeared, one by one, by about 9:05 PM.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#11]
swamp gas
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought this was proven to be flares from aircraft falling behind a line of mountains off in the distance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
heilcopter spotlights,they each turn their lights off one at a time till they are gone!
so now it is explained

so what is the none believers in aliens claim it to be?

I live in the sixth largest city in the nation and I am a former Infantryman...I know what Helo spotlights look like and these weren't spotlights.

Mind you, I do NOT believe in aliens either ( except for the ones from South of the Border ) but this was NOT contemporary aircraft lights.  Local news has contacted the Military and Police and they have no idea what it was.  I DO beleive this was a man made phenomenon...BUT.....the common explanations do not fit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Top secret aircraft flown out of the CIA airbase at Pinal Air Park.

Now, watch my flashy lighty pen thingy for a second (puts on Ray Bans).....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Very interesting!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#16]
If ya tilt your head down to the left (a la Forest Gump), whilst looking at the pic of the 7 lights.  It looks like a stick man taking a leak.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Very interesting!!

For me, the coolest thing is that I used to be VERY interested in the UFO phenomenon. As a kid, I witnessed a much more interesting, and very mysterious  UFO incident outside of Sioux City, Iowa back in the seventies and THAT ALSO MADE THE NEWS.  I studied the phenomenon for years and concluded ( rightly so ) that, though the UFO phenomenon was most likely real, the folks who were writing the books on the subject were complete idiots, crackpots, liars and profit minded yellow journalists with one exception, Jaques Vallee.  That being said, I NEVER thought I would get to witness such a phenomenon, that was co- witnessed by many others, again in my lifetime.  Very cool.....whatever it was.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Desertmoon! I have not read that link but let me tell you what I saw back in 97. My gf at the time and I were on the beach in Vero Beach FL one night.  I looked up in the sky and saw a bright light. I thought it was a landing light from an airplane. I was looking N and at an angle of about 45-55 degrees up in the sky. I looked closer and ahead of that bright light were about 5 other lights that were the brightness of an average star. They were all single file and slowly moving to the N. The tail end light that was bright dimmed after a while and became the same brightness as the rest of them. After a few seconds the lead light dissapeared, when it was gone a new light appeared in the tail of the formation the same brighness as the first light I saw. It too dimmed down after a few seconds and the whole formation did this cycle for for I say 5 or 6 times. Eventually the lights dimmed out one by one starting with the lead light. Once the last one dissapeared nothing else happened. Pretty neat! I have no idea on what I saw. When I saw the Pheonix tape I was flabergasted. The lights in that vidoe appeared the same way as what I saw.  The only difference with what I saw was that they were in a perfect line evenly spaced apart and that they were much higher in the sky.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By John Parker:
Desertmoon! I have not read that link but let me tell you what I saw back in 97. My gf at the time and I were on the beach in Vero Beach FL one night.  I looked up in the sky and saw a bright light. I thought it was a landing light from an airplane. I was looking N and at an angle of about 45-55 degrees up in the sky. I looked closer and ahead of that bright light were about 5 other lights that were the brightness of an average star. They were all single file and slowly moving to the N. The tail end light that was bright dimmed after a while and became the same brightness as the rest of them. After a few seconds the lead light dissapeared, when it was gone a new light appeared in the tail of the formation the same brighness as the first light I saw. It too dimmed down after a few seconds and the whole formation did this cycle for for I say 5 or 6 times. Eventually the lights dimmed out one by one starting with the lead light. Once the last one dissapeared nothing else happened. Pretty neat! I have no idea on what I saw. When I saw the Pheonix tape I was flabergasted. The lights in that vidoe appeared the same way as what I saw.  The only difference with what I saw was that they were in a perfect line evenly spaced apart and that they were much higher in the sky.

Le tme describe to you this:  as I was observing these lights, I decided that once I got past the Dairy farm I was driving by I was going to pull over, get out and see if the objects were at all moving.  Since I was headed southbound ( on Sossaman Road for all of you in the PHX, East Valley area ) and the phenomenon was West/Southwest of me, I thought that maybe the lights were moving Northward but do to my Southerly motion it would look as though they were standing still.  So just as I got past the Dairy I thought, 'Okay, I'll pull over at the Sossaman Curve ( where the road turns into Ray road and goes East ) and check it out".  No sonner than I thought that, then the leftmost light in the photo dimmed like someone truing a rheostat and it disappeared.  The next one did the same about two to five seconds later.  Then the next two did the same thing in order and timed sequence.  The next three did the same but exactly one after the next and within a total about five to six seconds.

It is rahter funny that I got the impression that one by one easy was heading directly away from me at an ungodly rate of speed.  However, I cannot say that that was the case.  I am waiting for more info.

As it happens, my sister if very good friends with two reporters from the station in question ( KTVK Channel 3, Phoenix ) and I'll see if I can't get some infor from them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I have an 80 foot satilite dish sticking out of my ass.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You should get that checked out by a professional.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Good, now we can get Ike back.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#23]
was what I described similar to what you saw?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#24]
When LotBoy and I were sending up flares tied to Helium balloons in the EAST valley, witnesses interviewed on the news also SWORE that these were not flares!  

Other witnesses also claimed that our UFO was moving in ways that were physically impossible.  People are dumb.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if you wouldn't have been playing 'kick the baby' we might not have lost him in the first place!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone who really wants to see a UFO will eventually see one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
When LotBoy and I were sending up flares tied to Helium balloons in the EAST valley, witnesses interviewed on the news also SWORE that these were not flares!  

Other witnesses also claimed that our UFO was moving in ways that were physically impossible.  People are dumb.

Right.....sure....as if you and Lotboy actually ever LEAVE YOUR LOVE NEST!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if you wouldn't have been playing 'kick the baby' we might not have lost him in the first place!!!!

But he loves it!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he loves it!

"Don' kick da baby!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw what was unmistakenly a saucer shaped craft when I was 8 or 9 here in Phoenix (I'm 23 now). No, I did not have an overactive imagination. I got into the UFO phenomenon for years after that and concluded that most of the stuff was fake and BS. However UFOs themselves are very real. Unfortunately you have liars and cheats out there that make everybody think everybody else claiming to have seen such craft are also liars and cheats.

I like to tell people that say they’d bet their life that there are no UFOs/strange air/spacecraft that they will lose. I’ll bet my life that they do exist and I’d win. One day people will be presented with the truth and realize. It’s not going to be in this gray area forever. I’m not saying there are aliens visiting the planet. That I cannot say for certain and I would not bet my life on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Does this also apply to Bacon Sandwiches????   I want to see a bacon sandwich RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Hmmmmm.....nope....nothing.......

Guess I'll have to go cook one up.  While I am at it, I guess I'll fry up an extra UFO or two.....or seven.......anyone want one?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it was quite extensively covered by the local news.  The "Red light sightings" in the Mesa/Gilbert area.

There was even some kook on the net that tracked the days and times that our UFO was seen.  It was a riot!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That's pretty good. I've got my own hoax planned but haven't been bored enough to do it. It will be harmless AND make the news....

ETA: UFO's are just time traveling humans.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it was quite extensively covered by the local news.  The "Red light sightings" in the Mesa/Gilbert area.

There was even some kook on the net that tracked the days and times that our UFO was seen.  It was a riot!

Well, I can tell you that I have seen guys fake UFO sightings here in town.  A guy did it back in the 80's with an ultalight rigged with spots....it was pretty cool looking but it was determinable as to what it was.

I am NOT saying that what I and several others in PHX saw was "alien" in origin....in fact I guarantee you that it was NOT.....but it wasn't normal either.  This phenomenon was HUGE and it was a lot brighter than road flares tied to balloons...by a LONG shot.  Not only that but it was visible from at least 20 twenty ( if not twice as many ) miles from my position....that magnitude of the lights was at least three times that of incoming aircraft.  NOT a flare.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Okay, that bacon sandwich has still NOT materialized, looks like I am gonna have to make it myself.

markm...whip up a couple of UFO's for me while I am gone, will you?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#36]
DAMMIT!!!!!

I missed them again. I was out of town while living in Tempe in Mar 1997 for a night. I missed them then and now I'm in Ohio for a while. AND I MISSED THEM AGAIN!!!!!!

WHY? WHY ME?????? WHY - WHY - OH WHY!!!!!

Will I never get to see the lights?

God must hate me. <hangs head>
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Both of you should be BANNED w00t!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
DAMMIT!!!!!

I missed them again. I was out of town while living in Tempe in Mar 1997 for a night. I missed them then and now I'm in Ohio for a while. AND I MISSED THEM AGAIN!!!!!!

Don’t worry. Somebody said that since you want to see them, you will eventually. Not everybody does angel dust or crack though so that theory is bunk.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I saw what was unmistakenly a saucer shaped craft when I was 8 or 9 here in Phoenix (I'm 23 now). No, I did not have an overactive imagination. I got into the UFO phenomenon for years after that and concluded that most of the stuff was fake and BS. However UFOs themselves are very real. Unfortunately you have liars and cheats out there that make everybody think everybody else claiming to have seen such craft are also liars and cheats.

I like to tell people that say they’d bet their life that there are no UFOs/strange air/spacecraft that they will lose. I’ll bet my life that they do exist and I’d win. One day people will be presented with the truth and realize. It’s not going to be in this gray area forever. I’m not saying there are aliens visiting the planet. That I cannot say for certain and I would not bet my life on.

What you saw was swamp gas reflecting off the light of Venus.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If ya tilt your head down to the left (a la Forest Gump), whilst looking at the pic of the 7 lights.  It looks like a stick man taking a leak.

"You see...Desertmoon was abducted by these aliens a few years ago...and he's never been the same since...they molested him...sexually..."  -mm&i's rendition of Independence Day
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
For the lazy:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41515

Now, this picture doesn't show the actual color of the objects, they appear white in the photo but they were actually a brilliant, beautiful deep yellow.  I was futher to the east of the phenomenon and they were just a little more spaced apart from each other but this is the formation they were in.

Flares?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#42]
The aliens are trying to disarm us, and make the earth cleaner for them they are bad. If they disarm us they will take over.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I see UFOs all the time. Its obviously flying, I really cant ID it and its probably an object of some sort so its a UFO. Though it probably has a rational explanation. I dont know why people feel the need to attatch an alien connection to them. Maybe those people are the same of days of old who saw demonic possesion and spitits in weather , maybe this is just the modern day version?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Once, when I was maybe six or seven, we were watching the stars up at our ranch. I noticed a bright blue moving around and a bright red one slowly moving in its general direction. Then the blue started moving away from the red star and the red one accelerated hard. Both little dots started zipping around all over the sky until finally a thin, nearly invisible, red line stretched out from the red dot to the blue dot. The blue dot instantly disappeared and the red dot faded away a few seconds later.

I was describing it as it happened to my parents and some friends of theirs who were watching the stars with me. One friend saw the red star moving, but nothing else.

No clue what it was, but it certainly wasn't aliens.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#45]
I have a buddy in the .gov who knows the source of the lights. He sent me a picture.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
DAMMIT!!!!!

I never saw the originals either, though I have friends who did....I was VERY sceptical of it until I saw it myself.

I DO believe this is a man made phenomenon.....just not sure what it is...it was very pretty, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Cool, do you get HBO and Spice?

TXL
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see UFOs all the time. Its obviously flying, I really cant ID it and its probably an object of some sort so its a UFO. Though it probably has a rational explanation. I dont know why people feel the need to attatch an alien connection to them. Maybe those people are the same of days of old who saw demonic possesion and spitits in weather , maybe this is just the modern day version?

Not bad....there are different types of UFO sightings.  What I saw is the most common, an odd phenomenon that most likely has a very rational explanation, though it is not readily apparent.

I assume that this incident and the orginal Phoenix Lights Incident of March 1997 are most likely U.S. Military in origin.

Exactly WHAT they are up to is beyond me unless it's psychological research on mass hysteria.....such things are not beneath them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#49]
They are after you

If you want, while at costco this weekend I can pick you up some industrial sized tin foil if you'd like
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#50]
It's them bug eyed butt fuckers from Uranus!!!................run while you can
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top