Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:29:46 AM EDT
We have acer comp which work fine but because 10 comps are used by over 300 people, the mice wear out every week.

Our commo would order new mice but now they cannot. We were told that the money for the mice was needed elsewhere.

Now soldiers cannot talk to there loved ones over yahoo IM anymore. We have cams too but no mice means no workin cams.

So far only 7 computers work, the rest need mice.

Is there anyone willing to donate a new/used mouse or two to my unit?
I would have something for you if you could help.

Shane Williams
SGT, USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
How can I help?
Ship them to you or to the unit directly?
what kind of mouse, USB, PS2?
Generic or brand name?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:47:07 AM EDT
[#2]
What the heck are you people doing to your mice?

I work comm in the air force side of Baghdad IAP. Our morale computers get prety heavy use, and the mice have been running 4+ months.

My suggestion woudl be get some good opticals. they last alot better in the sand than the ball mice do.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My suggestion woudl be get some good opticals. they last alot better in the sand than the ball mice do.

Yup!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Does newegg.com deliver to APO addresses? If so, I will order a few generic mice and send them your way. IM me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
IM me your APO address. We have a few here at my unit that nobody will miss.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:11:03 AM EDT
[#6]
The mice that we were allowed to get thru the system were no name brand mice. I have my $44 micorsoft one for my pc and it works great.

Either USB or PS/2.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:13:18 AM EDT
[#7]
address, I need a address, IM me or something
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:13:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What the heck are you people doing to your mice?

I work comm in the air force side of Baghdad IAP. Our morale computers get prety heavy use, and the mice have been running 4+ months.

We have opticalsmice, there are just no name brands on them, I mean NO NAME ON THEM.

That is why they suck ass. trust me, if I could get quality mice I would.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#9]
If you get me an address, I might be able to scrounge up an good optical mouse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#10]
IM me an address and I'll send you a couple.  Thank you for your service!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#11]
The Iranian military just received a batch of "desert condition certified" optical mice. You guys should go across the border and procure them for morale.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a couple....need address.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Let me know.  I could get you a truckload of opticals if you need.

How are the keyboards hanging in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top