Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:39:58 PM EDT
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/special_packages/hurricane_katrina/12606201.htm

Sep. 9--ONBOARD THE ARM PAPALOAPAN -- - The Marines have landed in Biloxi -- the Mexican Marines.

And Dutch Marines as well.

For the first time since the 19th Century, Mexican troops landed Friday on U.S. soil, sent from the Mexican Navy ship ARM Papaloapan anchored near the USS Bataan. The Mexican ship's name means, "River of Butterflies."

Marines from Mexico, Holland and the U.S. are part of an international Hurricane Katrina cleanup effort building up on ships about 20 miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. Four Canadian ships are on the way.

The article is longer, but I only felt like posting a little bit of it.  There are some good pictures on the Sun-Heralds website.  Check them out.  Got a nice one of a Dutch helicopter preparing to land on the beach.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The dutch are coming the dutch are coming!  Someone warn DKProf
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
the sad part is, it is a Texan that let the Mexican Marines in....

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, if mexican marines want to come and help more powerr to them.  I would rather have them face the undocumented shoppers than our young men.  They have more than enough to deal with without the prospect of having to take action against Americans.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like illegal immigration one bit, but the coast needs all the help it can get and if that comes in the form of Mexican Marines then I am all for it.

The media has been concentrating on New Orleans and how horrible it was there but they had a joy ride compared to what the coast went through.

www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/photos/

Go to that link and just browse through some of the pictures.  I wish the mainstream media would focus on the hardest hit region for once.  The devastation is almost unreal.  I've been to the coast many times, and I've seen those places before..  Now..  It's almost hard to believe they are the same place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]
How does La Cucaracha sound in wooden shoes?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a few load water and ice in to the back of my truck Sunday.  (Dutch squids and the Mexican Marines both helping out at the same Red Cross station) one of the Dutch chickies was pretty hot too , definately a bright spot in my day.

A big thanks to all of them!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ask DK for a sound byte
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Sad thing is, they're being more American than the lovely liberal crowd bitching about slow government response, they actually got off their asses, came all the way over here, and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Shit... next time my stupid tree-hugger classmate runs her mouth, I'm going to have the Mexican marines stationed here drag her ass over there and put her to work.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top