Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:01:46 PM EDT
Is there anyway to run a serial number on a gun to see if it's clean and not have to give up my idenity? I just want to be able to check guns for sale and not have my door knocked down by the democrat anti gun freaks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I've OFTEN wondered that. It'd be cool if the ATF web page had a serial # check that you could put the serial in and it would either come up "stolen" or "no info" or something simply like that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there anyway to run a serial number on a gun to see if it's clean and not have to give up my idenity? I just want to be able to check guns for sale and not have my door knocked down by the democrat anti gun freaks.

Make that two.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IIRC, you can contact your local LEO and ask them to run the number for you.

No flags?  No I.D. required?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
tag, i've wondered about that too....you never know
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Cop buddies tell me it is hard to prove possesion of a stolen gun sense most do not keep their serial #'s on file just in case.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#8]
So what happends if you call local LE department and they run it and the gun you bought used comes up stolen?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#9]
OOPS!  LOL
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So what happends if you call local LE department and they run it and the gun you bought used comes up stolen?

Good question?  I would try the police forum but I am atop their shit list right now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, there is a web site that I have used before for exactly this purpose. Wait a minute, I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: The web site was www.isthisgunstolen.com , but it is apparently shut down now... the url goes nowhere. Looks like to are SOL. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've OFTEN wondered that. It'd be cool if the ATF web page had a serial # check that you could put the serial in and it would either come up "stolen" or "no info" or something simply like that.

Oh hell no!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Run it with the local cops *67 them and make up a name. If it comes up stolen say holy crap its stolen? Hey hey hey come back he ran away, what did he look like? Email them a picture of the  Heineken looter from no.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh hell no!!!!!!

Oh hell no what? All they do is run the serial number against reported stolen serial numbers in NCIC. Tin foil alittle tight there?

edited for grammar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top