Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 10:06:34 AM EDT
Just got back from the gun show in Birmingham, saw the highest price yet for NIW 30rd mags, they were Centers and were only $35 each!! The only decent price on mags was $15 for new Thermolds(Canadian). But all in all it was a pretty good show, had a Bushmaster preban with collapsible stock in good shape for $850, looked like a good deal, should I buy??
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Heck yeah you should buy if it's in pretty good shape.  

When I picked up my LEGP rifle my dealer had a mint condition BM preban M4 carbine and wanted $2,400.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
be sure to check the serial # mmk
Bushmaster 800-998-SWAT
Below L051000 - Assembled Pre-Ban Rifles and some pre-94 lowers.**
L051001-L063000 - Mixed Pre-Ban Assembled Rifles and Pre-Sept 94 Lowers (Call to verify)
L063001 and Up - Post-Ban

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just got back from the gun show in Birmingham, saw the highest price yet for NIW 30rd mags, they were Centers and were only $35 each!! The only decent price on mags was $15 for new Thermolds(Canadian). But all in all it was a pretty good show, had a Bushmaster preban with collapsible stock in good shape for $850, looked like a good deal, should I buy??
View Quote

I went to the Birmingham show today too. I saw the thermolds for $15, good deal. As for the Bushmaster, I think I saw the one you are talking about, and sure would check that serial # before I bought it because the one I saw had an AK break. Now I may be wrong, but I did not know that Bushmaster made shory AK's before the '94 ban. Unless someone installed it AFTER '94, it probably isn't legal. I just can't see taking off a flash suppressor on a pre-ban gun and installing a break.
The most exciting thing I saw today was near the front door some 14-15 year old punk grabbed someone's wallet and tried to run out. It took about 2.5 seconds before 5-6 people and 2 Birmingahm police officers wrestled said scumbag to the ground. He was immediately handcuffed and "detained". What an idiot.
There were a few deals, I bought a 500 round case of Wolf 7.62x39 HP for $40 w/no tax added.
Also, battle packs of South African .223 for $37.50.
With some of the mag prices I have seen lately, $35 is mild for a contract mag, In Gunlist ad dated July 20 Bob Swanson advertises them new at $65!! Mags seem to be the biggest ripoff at shows, I wanted another for my Sig 239 and they were $36.95 - PASS. One lady had Bulgaian AK mags for $24.95, they are $9.95 from Magua in Shotgun News.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top