User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:52:35 PM EDT
... I think I could love a girl "suffering" it

... It would almost be like having a "buddy" that has a vagina
... don't hate
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Well there are different levels FUCK YOU! of it.

seriously though... its NOT debilitating... you can have facial ticks, sometimes they spit, just different levels. Many fucnction normal in society and you wouldnt even know it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if any Drills Sgts had to endure trainees with Tourettes.

That would be an ebtertaing training cycle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
She'd always be walking around screaming "NEEDLE DICK"!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Rumor has it that it got a kid killed by police in Terre Haute, IN a couple years ago!  That'd be pretty debilitating if you ask me!

I'll try to find the story and post it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
At a former workplace we would have a customer come in from time to time, even though I was in the back office I always knew when he was there.

I was aware of the syndrome and knew what it was the first time I was exposed to it, it makes you really wonder how many people over the years have been considered "possessed" that suffered from Tourette's, it would be a serious handicap to live with.  It's a rare enough condition that there are probably a lot of people who still don't know about Tourette's, and wouldn't know what is happening and that the person has no control over some of the things that come out of their mouth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Is Tourettes Syndrome that debilitating of a disease?

FUCK NO!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
He gave me his c-c-c-c.. his c-c-c.. oh he fookin' gave me this. FUCK! ASS!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Im functional.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you just watch "Niagara Niagara" by any chance?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#11]
It's physical effects can be very harsh on people.  Wife did a study of tourette's in school.  It can be very bad.  Something like 90 percent of people that have it are white females.  odd.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]
sometimes its not that bad. I have a NP buddy that has a mild form.  It depends on the symptoms, there are different manefeststions.  What are the symptoms?
Lebrew    
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]
This web-site is very informative about the horrid disease of tourettes.

www.tourettesguy.com

I suggest you check it out immediately.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Since I was raised in a house with my oldest sister suffering from this, I never even noticed it. Weird, huh?
(ETA.....ignored would be the real deal)

I was adopted and she was my parents natural child. She was the worst case I have ever seen.
She needed medication that I now know is available, long ago. It must have been a miserable life.

She is still not quite right, and I am sure has a difficult time, even though with medication the symptoms are barely noticable now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Not a lauging matter, but it was funny as hell
in the original  "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo"

In all seriousness I knew a Sky-Diver whom had it.
After a close call at the DZ, he was asked not to
take such risks [there] any more.

myit

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]
So if a neighbor may have this, is it then OK for the to spout 4 letter words at the top of their lungs?  

WW,  I know a girl that may interest you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#18]
There is a tech at work with tourettes. Nice guy, but it's kind of unnerving when you first meet him.
No screaming or anything like that, but very very twitchy. All kinds of tics and when he's wound up he makes an almost barking noise.....

One of my other buddies (also a tech) thought that Tourettes Tech (TT) had grabbed hot lines on a machine. So my buddy runs for a broomhandle to knock TT off the wire. He was stopped in the nick of time by another technician who explained what TT's problem was.....

First time I met him, I called health services (the nurse) to ask if she could call him down for a UA...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Remember Ernest T. on the Andy Griffith Show?  Mayberry?  That was Tourette's, too, or at least, what the actor was portraying.  There was a kid in school with me that was like that, the head jerk, eye blink, little vocalizations, like clearing the throat or little sounds.  That was fairly mild as compared to some, I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah my brother's got it. It's not debilitating.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess this would be mean if the guy knew we were doing it.

About 12 or so years ago back home there was a guy who would sit at the counter of one of the 24 hr coffee shops.

He came and went on foot and looked like a bum. Every 7 min's or so, he would yell like a Japanese guy at the top of his lungs and bring his left hand up over his left ear really fast. The word he yelled sounded like "HEIGHT!"

We would show up and see him there. We would tell who ever was with us that didn't know,  that he mumbled off the wall shit. We would tell them to lean in and listen close to hear it.

Guys would try to lean in without being obvious doing their thing and this guy would yell out scaring the shit out of them. There were a couple "coffee everywhere" incidents.

It was quite fun at the time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You know, believe it or not almost all of the people with Tourettes Syndrome don't shout obscenities at the top of their lungs. The stereotype gets rather old.

OK I could believe my neighbor doesn't have Tourettes and is just a @#$%.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Your fuck stock is ass-prone, nutcocker. A pox on your firstborn you ugly wart on a salamander's tongue! I will burn your village and make slaves of your children! You wangtastic ball sucker! Fuck-a-doodle-doo bitch-a-rooney-dooney surprise ass-sex ninja!

For your information I do NOT suffer from Tourette's Syndrome.
I enjoy every moment of it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I just played poker with a guy who has a howling case of Tourette's.  

He doesn't swear, just ticks and grunts loud, fast, and continuously.  It's a bit unnerving, but I bet you'd get used to him and tune it out fast.

Funniest damn thing, someone mentioned Michael Jackson and on his next tic he did a deadpan "Hee Hee", just like the guy.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Had a teacher in high school that had it bad.  Didn't make him swear he just twitched and said things continously.  Really nice guy... very smart... by far my favorite teacher.

The funniest thing was that if we were too noisy in class he would start saying "shh sshhh sshh" and it was hard for him to stop.  He would finally quit, but then for no reason he would drop a random "sshh"  in sentences for like the next 20 minutes.  Pretty funny.. he had a good attitude about it though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Look at all the f(*#&$ing Democratic politicians and talking heads and you tell me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#29]
I swear one of my dogs has tourettes.  She'll be just lounging around, and all of a sudden she'll let out a quick bark, and then just put her head back dowm, like nothing happened.  Took a while to get used to it.  At first the barks were very loud, now most of the time they are pretty quiet.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
He gave me his c-c-c-c.. his c-c-c.. oh he fookin' gave me this. FUCK! ASS!

Hey, Fuck-Ass...get me a beer!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#31]
My brother has tourette.  It's not debilatiating but it makes life a lot harder. He doesn't swear or have outbreaks but it's like a hellacious case of ADD.  he has facial ticks and he's a little bit OCD about how stuff is laid out.  He's very graphical and plays in a couple of bands.

he barely made it through school cause teachers wouldn't let him take tests open book sometimes despite a tourette sufferer's almost total lack of ability to recall things or stay focused for any length of time.

he just got married though and if you met him you wouldn't know any different,  he's really popular and probably one of the coolest kids I've met.  Completely non-judgemental and easy to get along with.

so it can be very debilatating or hardly at all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Yes. But the severity varies greatly between cases. With a stable enviroment and good treatment, most can live pretty normal lives. And many excell in spesific areas, Computers/history/...

I would howerver not want to spend much time around most people with Tourettes. Lack of social understanding, all kinds of seemingly inappropriate behavior ...etc. Very demanding.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't really FUCK SHHH.... SHHIT! think it's BALL LAPPER FUCKWAD that big K..K..K..KOCKSUCKER FUCKSTICK BUNG EATER! deal at all. No.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#34]

I think a lot of members here might have episodes of it from time to time
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top