Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:18:50 PM EDT
Was at the local shop today and all the long-haired, camo-wearing  beer-guts who were hanging out were talking about a lawsuit and Fabrique Nationale.  One of these wise-acres says FN cannot be sued by a US citizen, because FN is in France. When I tried to tell them that FN is also located in SC, they would not believe me, so I bought some rounds and left.  Is FN getting sued? Is it wrongful death?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
how can they? didn't that bill become law to prevent lawsuits? and even if they do get suit and the court supports it, "oh you want to sue us huh? well no more m-16s for you. In fact we'll sell to civilians now. fuck you"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
These are the types of guys who think that Black Talons are illegal and that 5.56 tumbles through the air.

He was probably refering to the whole FiveseveN and the SS192/Brady Center debacle.  No legal action was taken against FN because they had never done anything wrong to begin with.  They made an effective round.  Oooooh, scarey...if you're blue vested bandit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know.  I didn't catch the whole conversation.  But FN does not sell AR's to the public, do they??  Maybe this is a combat-related thing???  A weapon malf?  I don't know.  I would have asked for more info, but these guys are the types who think that any type of AR or AK is banned, and they have all "been shot at with both"  and I just didn't have to energy to listen to all of their BS.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
FN is Belgian.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
YES but not for a gunshot releated death......Try non-Lethal on for size.
CH
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
YES but not for a gunshot releated death......Try non-Lethal on for size.
CH

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Snelgrove was killed on Oct. 21 in a crowd that gathered outside Fenway Park to celebrate Boston's pennant-clinching win over the New York Yankees. Officer Rochefort Milien fired the "less lethal" weapon at an unruly man and hit Snelgrove.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
FN is in SC

<--

and what if the claim is.....(drumrole) breach of contract?  how could congress prevent that?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The World Series pepper-ball to the eye incident-I remember that.

I went to high school with Curt Schilling in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
THe officers in that case were entirely to blame for what happened.  FN never said the gun was not lethal, in fact I'm sure there were pages of bold warning labels in the manual.  Didnt do much good since the officers employing them didnt read it  Hehe FN should say FUCK YOU and sell the gizmos as home defence implements ala air tazer.  I'd buy one just cause they are nifty and more accurate at longer ranges than a paintball.  Would be fun to play with.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
how can they? didn't that bill become law to prevent lawsuits? and even if they do get suit and the court supports it, "oh you want to sue us huh? well no more m-16s for you. In fact we'll sell to civilians now. fuck you"

HR800 or S397 have yet to be ratified by the house.  Worth a call to your Rep. to remind them to use HR800.  S397 has the trigger lock ammendment and funds a research study that will cause s ruling on "Armor Piercing" ammunition.  By this I mean any round speciaized or not that defeats police body armor.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Every paintball player who has ever heard of the pepper ball launcher knew it was a disaster waiting to happen.  Still not sure how she died exactly, but a normal paintball in an unprotected eye is usually the end of the eye.  The FN303 rounds are full of bismuth and weigh a lot more than a normal paintball, but go at similar speeds, so there's a lot more kinetic energy involved.  Additionally, paintball guns are generally tested before and after games to ensure that they are in the safe velocity range (under 300 FPS) but the mechanisms are capable of producing much higher velocities if out of tune.  The highest I've ever seen on a chronograph was 425 FPS.  I've also seen a paintball-specific goggle lens cracked in half by an out of tune paintball gun.

From FN's site:

Warning: For safety reasons never aim toward face, neck or throat. Only factory authorized projectiles are to be used in the FN 303 Launcher. Do not use the launcher or projectiles before carefully reading the operators manual. Authorized training is available through FNH USA and highly recommended before deployment of the FN 303.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
THe officers in that case were entirely to blame for what happened.  FN never said the gun was not lethal, in fact I'm sure there were pages of bold warning labels in the manual.  Didnt do much good since the officers employing them didnt read it  Hehe FN should say FUCK YOU and sell the gizmos as home defence implements ala air tazer.  I'd buy one just cause they are nifty and more accurate at longer ranges than a paintball.  Would be fun to play with.  

I emailed and asked them about home defense use a while ago, they said they were considering it for that market.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Training for the OC pellets includes instruction on shooting the rounds at the ground in front of the target to ensure that the capsules break and the OC drifts upward
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top