Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:09:35 PM EDT
On the local news. Store employees and other evacuees pissed that some are using the cards to buy bling.

Also, in schools apparently Houston gangs and NO gangs getting into conflicts. Nice....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Those people know that even if they waste every dollar given to them that the government is going to be there to help them get back on their feet...so why shouldn't they spend the Red Cross money on luxuries?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
they should be arrested for doing that
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had one of them cards I would have a brand spanking new S&W 460, maybe also the 500....

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
No surprise - but it's sad, nevertheless.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No surprise - but it's sad, nevertheless.

Indeed!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Local news here report at least 11 registered sex offenders from NO staying in Austin, plus thousands more parolees in Texas from LA.  One of those f*ckers tried to abduct a 14 yr old girl in Dallas and he was arrested.  Welcome to Texas you MF'rs let us support your ass whether in jail or in government housing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]
If I was a store owner, I'd refuse to accept the card for a luxury item like that.  Is there any reason that these stores aren't, aside from being just as greedy as the looters?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
On the local news. Store employees and other evacuees pissed that some are using the cards to buy bling.

Also, in schools apparently Houston gangs and NO gangs getting into conflicts. Nice....

Business as usual...
One day people will be able to call a turd a turd.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If I was a store owner, I'd refuse to accept the card for a luxury item like that.  Is there any reason that these stores aren't, aside from being just as greedy as the looters?

And face a racial discrimination lawsuit?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a reason why some people will always be poor...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Now I understand why they were bitching so much!  The slowed government response caused them to miss a sale!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And face a racial discrimination lawsuit?

You're completely right.  Even though it would be completely immoral and baseless, someone would still do it.  Blatantly stolen from another thread:

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Local news here report at least 11 registered sex offenders from NO staying in Austin, plus thousands more parolees in Texas from LA. One of those f*ckers tried to abduct a 14 yr old girl in Dallas and he was arrested. Welcome to Texas you MF'rs let us support your ass whether in jail or in government housing.

I knew this shit would happen.  These punks have found new Texans to victimize.  Using their Red Cross cards to purchase luxury purses and jewels, is just plain bullshit.  If I were a store owner, I would refuse to take these cards.  It would be like giving a punk my own money to buy stuff from me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Somehow, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

` 45
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If I were a store owner, I would refuse to take these cards.

A business has the right to refuse service to anyone.  But they'd be labeled racist if they did.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#17]
A)  To a store owner, money is money.  They are most likely seeing a boom in business.
B)  If you sell "bling," odds are you aren't the first to take the moral highground anyway.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Business as usual...
One day people will be able to call a turd a turd.

Don't hold your breath about that happening in your lifetime.

Once we are able to say what someone really is, it'll be too late.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top