Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 5:36:47 PM EDT
This is only done on DVD's I have purchased, and made back up copy's.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
because the copy only takes the left and right chanel sound.  While the voices, dialog, and sound effects are primarily in the center chanel.  You should notice the music is a bit louder than it should be.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
because the copy only takes the left and right chanel sound.  While the voices, dialog, and sound effects are primarily in the center chanel.  You should notice the music is a bit louder than it should be.

I thought it copeyed the 5.1 sound track.

How do i fix this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
it has to do with the software you use to copy the dvd, and weather the sound encoding is lossless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it has to do with the software you use to copy the DVD, and weather the sound encoding is lossless.

I use DVD Shrink, and DVD Decrypter
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
use dvdfab. might have to use dvd decrypter first
sure you end up needing 2 dvds (well they have dual layer blanks now that would work), but there is NO quality loss
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't noticed this, and I've got quite the sample.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The wife picked up "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".  I made us a back up of it, the audio is is 5.1, but level is lower than it should be.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#8]
if you are compressing a dual layer disc into a single layer there may be significant compression of both the audio and video information. This may be why the audio is less.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have never really noticed much of a reduction in volume.

I also use autogk to convert my movies to AVI's for my htpc and those sound just fine too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top