Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:08:20 PM EDT
Well first off I work for Knology cable, and Im a raven 25s throw away from the servicable area, and getting free service,

But Im stuck with Comcast, since I installed service here about 2 weeks back I got a problem with my connection dropping for a few seconds then coming back.

Already had 2 techs out here, the last converation went like this

Is it the modem?  "We dont know"

Is it the wiring? "we dont know"

I it a splitter?  "we dont know"

Tech number 3 was supposed to be out, but they canceled the appt, so I get home from taking cable service calls and work then have to call them up, and wait on hold.  After having to raise hell i got $20 in credit and another service call, Im not that hopeful and this is pissing me off
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Show them your ammo fort next time
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Show them your ammo fort next time

I should put all that stuff infront of where they need to go
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
double tap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
ComCast is the debil.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Im having similar problems with alltel dsl.  canceled one ISP  went to the other and having completly different problems  

i troubleshoot this crap for a living too
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Working for a Cable Company, you first off have to know that
1)  the first guy out to your house has been out of new hire class for a week and is still clueless
2)  the second guy out to your house knows what he is doing but still constantly has to call for help on line problems
3) the third guy out to your house has worked there for 10 years and gets pissed off when line problems are passed his way from the clueless newhires.
4) the problem was probably not happening when any of them were there for the service call and as a result it was coded with either "no problem found" of "intermittant" and refered to maintenance

5) I know eventually you will get pissed off enough to replace your own drop and whadda ya know its fixed

Any of wich you working for a Cable company yourself should know.  Patience is a virtue if there is a problem it will be resolved

Signed,

Your friendly neighborhood Comcast Employee
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Took me a lot of calls and half a dozen truck rolls before I got a guy to climb the pole out front. He replaced a few splices "even though there wasn't a problem" and my cable has been rock solid since.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate Comcast, but I would give them my first born child before I would give Knology another dime.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I got my drop replaced, same issue and I got a matience appt.
I had to lie to get it, told them the nieghbor was cutting limbs and hit my drop, they were out next day,

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Comcast couldn't keep our four BUSINESS T-1s online, and they cant keep their cable service in the DC metro area online either!

Thank God I have Cox cable!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Comcast couldn't keep our four BUSINESS T-1s online, and they cant keep their cable service in the DC metro area online either!

-Foxxz

I used to work for the Cox, I know all about the Cox, I used to have to hear people bitch becuase thier Cox wouldnt stay up, or thier Cox went down when they needed it.

I hated NOVA called
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Did you happen get or own a wireless router?

I own my router, I bypassed it though, not running my 3 or 4 comp network now
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you happen get or own a wireless router?

I own my router, I bypassed it though, not running my 3 or 4 comp network now

Humm.  I had to ask, cause when I go cable line ->  wireless router -> hardwired to modem -> hardwired to computer, I get that when my phone is within 20' of my router.  2.4ghz thing you know.

Good luck man.  

I dont run wireless had issues with it before
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Its the modem, thats my guess, ive went through 2 of them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Its the modem, thats my guess, ive went through 2 of them.

I got 3 of them 2 worked at other address one is new, its a plant issue
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

I used to work for the Cox, I know all about the Cox, I used to have to hear people bitch becuase thier Cox wouldnt stay up, or thier Cox went down when they needed it.

I hated NOVA called

A joke?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
1)  the first guy out to your house has been out of new hire class for a week and is still clueless
2)  the second guy out to your house knows what he is doing but still constantly has to call for help on line problems
3) the third guy out to your house has worked there for 10 years and gets pissed off when line problems are passed his way from the clueless newhires.
4) the problem was probably not happening when any of them were there for the service call and as a result it was coded with either "no problem found" of "intermittant" and refered to maintenance

5) I know eventually you will get pissed off enough to replace your own drop and whadda ya know its fixed

Any of wich you working for a Cable company yourself should know.  Patience is a virtue if there is a problem it will be resolved

Signed,

I had intermittent service loss for over a year.  Tech showed up, worked fine.  Tech left, service down.  I finally convinced them to replace the modem.  Didn't help.  

FINALLY, the video signal degraded, too.  "Mr. Baker, the line to your house needs to be replaced."  Six weeks and six telephone calls later, they finally replace the line from the junction box to my house.

Works like a champ now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Signed,

I had intermittent service loss for over a year.  Tech showed up, worked fine.  Tech left, service down.  I finally convinced them to replace the modem.  Didn't help.  

FINALLY, the video signal degraded, too.  "Mr. Baker, the line to your house needs to be replaced."  Six weeks and six telephone calls later, they finally replace the line from the junction box to my house.

Works like a champ now.

It keeps on here, rewired the pole to house and all of inside of house and 2 matience calls, still same issue.

I got service free until Oct but Im still pissed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top