Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:14:27 PM EDT
I sent her this email:

"Hello Ms. Baldwin.  I am writing in regards to your email message, containing in part, the following quote:

"I have heard from dozens of you who are outraged, as I am, by the slow response of the federal government and there will be questions raised and answers demanded of those ostensibly in charge of our homeland security and federal emergency management, but first we must focus on the crisis at hand."

First of all, I am dismayed at the apparent lack of education and awareness regarding our system of government by the public, the media, and government officals alike.  A system, incidentally, that is NOT a "democracy", but a "representative Republic".

The thing that sets America apart from any other country in the world, is that we are (or were) the most FREE country there is due to our governmental structure.  The Consitution of the United States, being the cornerstone of our government and legal systems, defines the rights we are all born with and establishes limits on the Federal Government.  And rightly so!!  Any student of history can tell you that Democracies always fail, and powerful governments always want (and get) more, until they turn on their own citizens or self destruct.  Seperation of Powers is very important to avoid an all powerful federal government.  The Constitution states that all powers not specifically granted to the federal government is reserved "to the States themselves, or The People".  "The States" of course meaning state level government and "The People" meaning all people, freely and equally, men, women, black, white, gay, straight, whatever.

The federal government cannot operate within our own borders without consent of the governed, i.e. the states.
It has been well documented that President Bush attempted to take over the relief effort in LA prior to the disaster, including multiple phone calls directly to the Governor of Louisiana.  The Government of Louisiana and the City government of New Orleans are who dropped the ball here.  If they couldn't handle it, they should have asked the Federal government for assistance, thereby allowing them to come in and start work.  Instead, the city and state governments handled the crises ineffectively, then turned to the Federal government after it was too late, handing them the mess and also the blame.  This was entirely due to partisan politics and the hatred that these liberal Democrats harbor for President Bush.  

Shame on you for promoting a falsehood about the true responsibility for New Orleans' plight to your constituents.  I disagree with President Bush on many issues, however he did the right thing by observing the seperation of powers inherent in our system of government.  

The state of Mississippi asked for Federal Assistance before Katrina made landfall.  I have personal, firsthand witness accounts from people leaving Mississippi who, in a solid line of traffic leaving the state, observed a solid line of military and civilian trucks going INTO the state PRIOR to landfall of the storm.  While Mississippi did not avoid devastation, the aftermath has obviously been handled much better.

Those who stayed behind in New Orleans and then let down by the government were two classes of people: those who were old and infirm, or otherwise unable to flee, and those whos daily existance is dependent upon the government for their every need.  The higher blame for the tragedy lies on a system populated with politicians who cater to these people and continue to pander to and espouse philosophies that oppose traditional American self reliance, instead encouraging governmental dependence.  All Governmens are human organizations, and all human organizations are prone to failure.  The individual American citizen is better off with less government, more responsibility for themselves and their families, and more freedom.  And the TRUE American citizen DEMANDS to live by this standard.    

Thank you for listening.  I will not ask that you hold those truly accountable, accountable (City of NO and State of LA) because it's not going to happen.  But thank you for recieving this message.

TheKill"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice reply.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Great reply, but a waste on her and her staff.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump.....bad timing!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well said.

+1

Very well done. And nice slam at the end. She won't get what it means, but good job!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Great reply, but a waste on her and her staff.

Sadly, it'll fall on deaf ears.  Great reply, though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
SO send it to a few local newspapers....might change a few voter's minds
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1

(but, and don't take as a slight, run it through Word first to catch errors. Not to please some grammar-Nazi, but because the recipients can use errors to discount or divert from the message)

Nothing major, just a quick cleaning up...

Hello Ms. Baldwin. I am writing in regards to your email message, containing in part, the following quote:

"I have heard from dozens of you who are outraged, as I am, by the slow response of the federal government and there will be questions raised and answers demanded of those ostensibly in charge of our homeland security and federal emergency management, but first we must focus on the crisis at hand."

First of all, I am dismayed at the apparent lack of education and awareness regarding our system of government by the public, the media, and government officials alike. A system, incidentally, that is NOT a "democracy", but a "representative Republic".

The thing that sets America apart from any other country in the world, is that we are (or were) the most FREE country there is due to our governmental structure. The Constitution of the United States, being the cornerstone of our government and legal systems, defines the rights we are all born with and establishes limits on the Federal Government. And rightly so!! Any student of history can tell you that Democracies always fail, and powerful governments always want (and get) more, until they turn on their own citizens or self-destruct. Separation of Powers is very important to avoid an all-powerful federal government. The Constitution states that all powers not specifically granted to the federal government is reserved "to the States themselves, or The People". "The States" of course meaning state level government and "The People" meaning all people, freely and equally, men, women, black, white, gay, straight, whatever.

The federal government cannot operate within our own borders without consent of the governed, i.e. the states.
It has been well documented that President Bush attempted to take over the relief effort in LA prior to the disaster, including multiple phone calls directly to the Governor of Louisiana. The Government of Louisiana and the City government of New Orleans are who dropped the ball here. If they couldn't handle it, they should have asked the Federal government for assistance, thereby allowing them to come in and start work. Instead, the city and state governments handled the crises ineffectively, then turned to the Federal government after it was too late, handing them the mess and also the blame. This was entirely due to partisan politics and the hatred that these liberal Democrats harbor for President Bush.

Shame on you for promoting a falsehood about the true responsibility for New Orleans' plight to your constituents. I disagree with President Bush on many issues, however he did the right thing by observing the separation of powers inherent in our system of government.

The state of Mississippi asked for Federal Assistance before Katrina made landfall. I have personal, firsthand witness accounts from people leaving Mississippi who, in a solid line of traffic leaving the state, observed a solid line of military and civilian trucks going INTO the state PRIOR to landfall of the storm. While Mississippi did not avoid devastation, the aftermath has obviously been handled much better.

Those who stayed behind in New Orleans and then let down by the government were two classes of people: those who were old and infirm, or otherwise unable to flee, and those whose daily existence is dependent upon the government for their every need. The higher blame for the tragedy lies on a system populated with politicians who cater to these people and continue to pander to and espouse philosophies that oppose traditional American self-reliance, instead encouraging governmental dependence. All Governments are human organizations, and all human organizations are prone to failure. The individual American citizen is better off with less government, more responsibility for themselves and their families, and more freedom. And the TRUE American citizen DEMANDS to live by this standard.

Thank you for listening. I will not ask that you hold those truly accountable, accountable (City of NO and State of LA) because it's not going to happen. But thank you for receiving this message.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there and keep trying.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1 !!!   I sent a letter to Senator Paul Sarbanes ( D- Md)  about the 2nd Admendment issues being violated in NO. I got back a 2 page response full of self serving BS about how he is behind the funding for relief efforts. He failed to address my issue. I know it was some damn staffer, but I fired back a letter demanding an answer to my question about the 2nd issues. I mentioned that I didn't appreciate the "form" letter or his skirting the issue, and reminded him of his oath to defend the Constitution, including the 2nd, regardless of his personal beliefs. Both letters are going to the local paper.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Great reply...good job!

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Two things:

1.  In my haste to write this I mistakenly labeled Tammy a State representative.  She is fed, not state.

2.  Would you believe this is the first time I have ever written a representative and not even gotten an email form letter back?  NOTHING!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 !!!   I sent a letter to Senator Paul Sarbanes ( D- Md)  about the 2nd Admendment issues being violated in NO. I got back a 2 page response full of self serving BS about how he is behind the funding for relief efforts. He failed to address my issue. I know it was some damn staffer, but I fired back a letter demanding an answer to my question about the 2nd issues. I mentioned that I didn't appreciate the "form" letter or his skirting the issue, and reminded him of his oath to defend the Constitution, including the 2nd, regardless of his personal beliefs. Both letters are going to the local paper.

If the local paper you refer to is the Baltimore Sun, don't hold your breath waiting for that liberal piece of good for nothing but  toilet paper to print your article. They hate you and any and all free thinking people like you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I stopped reading after the first paragraph.  Anyone who is so condecending to explain what the country really is comes across as a "I am smarter than you. I pay your salary. So you better listen up or else..." nut job.  Your response might have been good, I don't know, but by taking that tone right off the top I'm willing to bet her aid that is reading it also tosses it out after reading the first paragraph.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#15]
nice response, well done!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I stopped reading after the first paragraph.  Anyone who is so condecending to explain what the country really is comes across as a "I am smarter than you. I pay your salary. So you better listen up or else..." nut job.  Your response might have been good, I don't know, but by taking that tone right off the top I'm willing to bet her aid that is reading it also tosses it out after reading the first paragraph.

I guess she just needs to be defeated in the election.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top