[#2]

Quoted:
TODAY--suppost to announce at 5:30pm

i heard that they will cut the inflow of gasoline into MS by 3/4

WTF?

we already got price limits on the amt we can buy...now this

so anyone hear the same thing?

why would FEMA do this??!?!

Limits?  where? I'm near Jackson ... plenty of fuel, no limits, $2.39 gallon ....

I havent heard anything either and I have two friends that are heavily involved that would have told me already.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
i got it from a friend of mine who works at our local Federal/State aerospace testing grounds

he has gotten tips like this before, and they panned out

but i'm not sure now if this is real or not....checking FOX news and FEMA's site now....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#4]
you have restrictions on the amount of gas you can buy now?

no restrictions in WI
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TODAY--suppost to announce at 5:30pm

i heard that they will cut the inflow of gasoline into MS by 3/4

WTF?

we already got price limits on the amt we can buy...now this

so anyone hear the same thing?

why would FEMA do this??!?!

Limits?  where? I'm near Jackson ... plenty of fuel, no limits, $2.39 gallon ....

I havent heard anything either and I have two friends that are heavily involved that would have told me already.

i'm in Starkville right now--every gas station here still has a limit on the amount you can buy

use to be $20 at most places; most are now at $30 or $40

its $2.69 here for the cheapest for 87 grade

i dont know if this limit (the current one) is just a local one (we have a big state university here, MSU) or what.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Limits? where? I'm near Jackson ... plenty of fuel, no limits, $2.39 gallon ....

Running $2.79 around here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Limits? where? I'm near Jackson ... plenty of fuel, no limits, $2.39 gallon ....

Running $2.79 around here.

damn...still around $3.10 up here
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#8]
my friend has a friend who works for FEMA and they are going to announce that they will take over MS's gas distribution in Claybourn, MS--he's not sure on the WHOLE gulf state are affected, but MS is going to be

its going to hit the news tonight or so, so he says.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
how can they legally take over a privately owned oil operation?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

i have no idea

but hey, if the state declares they can, i guess so....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

How can they legally take away guns in NO?  I don't think whoever is doing it really cares what is legal.  We'll see how this pans out, if it's true.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can they legally take away guns in NO?  I don't think whoever is doing it really cares what is legal.  We'll see how this pans out, if it's true.

something like that

when everything goes down the drain, rights no longer apply and who ever is in charge makes the law
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#13]
so america is now no different with freedom then russia europe, cuba etc for personal freedoms and private businesses.  

People just think the gov won't take it away in other locations.    

Can't say it wasn't predicted by countless people in the past :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
my friend has a friend who works for FEMA and they are going to announce that they will take over MS's gas distribution in Claybourn, MS--he's not sure on the WHOLE gulf state are affected, but MS is going to be

??????????  WELL  ??????????????

I haven't heard anything .....

I also heard (during the week of the storm) that there were attempted armed takeovers of gasoline deopts and utility and law enforcement refeuling centers.   That never happened ..... poeple love to be dramatic.

I'm not talking about you or your friend .... it's whoever feels the need to start these rumors.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

??????????  WELL  ??????????????

I haven't heard anything .....

I also heard (during the week of the storm) that there were attempted armed takeovers of gasoline deopts and utility and law enforcement refeuling centers.   That never happened ..... poeple love to be dramatic.

I'm not talking about you or your friend .... it's whoever feels the need to start these rumors.

did not hear a thing either, oh well
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
If the pipeline crossed state lines, this can only be a Federal enforcement and that would NOT be hidden.  It would also be very dumb considering the events and how the Dummycrat spin machine is nearly imploding.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know, sounds like something Carter, not Bush, would come up with.

Nonetheless, tag.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#19]
On second thought...seeing how rumors here have the ability to run like wildfire, especially when it concerns gasoline prices...I'll "let you know" after I buy a few thousand dollars worth of gas futures.  Should be worth about 10% for a week of speculation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top