Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:31:30 PM EDT
My wife has a friend in Australia and her daughter has a kid and no father.
Mom is just getting over a nervous breakdown.
He was working double shifts at McDonald's and couldn't wake up for school so he is now a high school drop out.
He was drinking booze with his buddies and was driving with only a learners permit at 3:00 in the morning. According to the cops he was doing about 65 mph in a residential neighborhood when he lost control and he hit someones house. No serious injuries to anyone fortunately but I hope they throw the book at him.
How serious are they about this shit in Australia
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
For a while, watching the drunks wreck their cars was a spectator sport in the land down under.  It was called "pranging", iirc.  What else would you expect, given the influence of the Oirish on that country.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never met a bigger group of shameless drunks than the Austrailian expatriots.

I imagine their DUI laws are as strict as those in GBR, but I don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My wife has a friend in Australia and her daughter has a kid and no father. Mom is just getting over a nervous breakdown. He was working double shifts at McDonald's and couldn't wake up for school so he is now a high school drop out. He was drinking booze with his buddies and was driving with only a learners permit at 3:00 in the morning. According to the cops he was doing about 65 mph in a residential neighborhood when he lost control and he hit someones house.

Whoa! Those are lyrics to a cRap song or a sad country music ballad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,16600026%255E3102,00.html

Car crashes into living room
14 September 2005

A MAN watching television in his Brisbane bayside home overnight had a narrow escape when a car crashed into the living room.
Police said a Holden Commodore, driven by a 16-year-old boy, ran out of control on Mergowie Drive, Cleveland, and ploughed into the front of the house about 2.30am (AEST) today."The car went through to the living room, narrowly missing a 43-year-old man who had been watching television," a spokeswoman said."The front section of the house was partly demolished. The three people inside the house were not injured."Four occupants of the car were treated for minor injuries at Redland Bay Hospital.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top