Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 10:04:30 AM EDT
I checked ticket prices for the 3-4 home games that will be played in San Antonio's Alamdome, and found out the tickets $95.00 per person for the cheap seats.

I wish the money grubbing bastards the best of luck, yet another dissappointment in my son's life. I told him we cannot afford the price of the tickets and the look on his face was heart breaking.

I guess it could be worse, we could have ignored the evacuation order and had to live in the superdome with the rest of the savages.

Sorry for the rant.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
the only way that WOULDNT piss me off....is if some of that money was going to the relief fund...otherwise thats outrageous!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#2]
There is more than enough money out there for the relief fund. There is no reason why a cheap seat ticket should be $100.00. No reason at all, other than GREED.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for letting me know.  Screw the 'Aints.  I ain't paying that much.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]
It's problably because they are giving the evacuee's free seats.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is more than enough money out there for the relief fund. There is no reason why a cheap seat ticket should be $100.00. No reason at all, other than GREED.

greed has consumed this country.....on a slightly diff. note....i read this morning where Astroworld is closing its doors in the coming year because the land is being sold due to its extremely high value?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#6]
for your son to go, I'll pitch in $20 ....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
for your son to go, I'll pitch in $20 ....

Thanks, but I think it best that I don't contribute to their greed. But your a hell of a guy for the offer.

I guess he'll just have to settle for a fishing trip.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#8]
The prices for games nowadays is sad.  I'm a PATs fan and of course their games are always sold out..  Over the years I've paid $125  and $130 to watch 2 pre season games, $175 for a game against the Jets and most recently $300 to watch the Patriots beat up on the Colts in last years playoff game (that was worth it!!)   I honestly don't know how someone could afford to take their children (mine is only 9 months old) to a game.  It's too bad because it doesn't have to be that way.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Same thing here in Washington (Except the 'Skins suck).  Buddy of mine was given free tickets to the Bengals preseason game a few weeks ago, so we went.  $20 to park, then ride the shuttle to FedEx Field (no you don't even park at the stadium for $20), $7 beers, $5 hot dogs, etc.  The free ticket ended up costing me $40!!  

Screw you Dan Snyder!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yup, it's greed.  Sports are a business, not a public service.  The price reflects what people are willing to pay.  With the huge TV contracts nowadays, prof. teams need not worry as much about filling the seats.  Business is business.....that's why the only sporting event I go to is Triple AAA baseball games.  Same price as a movie, including a beer and dog.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
the only way that WOULDNT piss me off....is if some of that money was going to the relief fund...otherwise thats outrageous!

I believe that they are making arrangements for some proceeds to go to LA relief.   What I want to see is the stadium 25% filled for the first game...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, it's greed.  Sports are a business, not a public service.  The price reflects what people are willing to pay.  With the huge TV contracts nowadays, prof. teams need not worry as much about filling the seats.  Business is business.....that's why the only sporting event I go to is Triple AAA baseball games.  Same price as a movie, including a beer and dog.

AAA-AAA-AAA = 9A?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hey, overpaid "role models" gotta get back in the running to be on MTV Cribs, too.  Besides, they gotta keep gas in the Escalades, dawg.  Don't be hatin'.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AAA-AAA-AAA = 9A?

or A^3
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AAA-AAA-AAA = 9A?

yeah, 9A baseball games.  Never head of em...they're the farm team's for 7 year old T-ball teams.

CORRECTION TO ABOVE:  TRIPLE A.........DOH!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, overpaid "role models" gotta get back in the running to be on MTV Cribs, too.  Besides, they gotta keep gas in the Escalades, dawg.  Don't be hatin'.

Scrait up  mah neezie!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Try buying Michigan/Ohio State tickets right now, for the upcoming game.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm glad I gave up anything to do with "sports" 10 years ago. I no longer pay attention to any pro sports crap. I'll go shooting or read a book instead.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scrait up  mah neezie!

MTV Cribs - if you ever need to understand how it's possible to shit tens of millions down the drain, spend it all with nothing left, you've gotta watch this show.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Supply and demand, free market.

Stupid people pay that much to watch men play a game, and the market will keep taking what the stupid people will give.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Aren't they going to let the refugee's evacuee's in for free?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#22]
watching it from home is always better than the cheap seats
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#23]
My dad took me to quite a few Vikings games when I was a kid.  We even flew to MN to do it.  I went to a few Broncos games when I was in college.  I used to love watching football.

After 9/11, I just don't see the point.  It all seems so frivolous.  I hate the players making asses of themselves on the field, and getting paid way too much to play a game.  

There just seems to be so much more important in the world to think about than football.

That said, I watch NASCAR, and I never have liked racing....  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Could be worse. I doubt you'd be able to find a Packer ticket as cheap as $95. Most are at least in the $250 range
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My dad took me to quite a few Vikings games when I was a kid.  We even flew to MN to do it.  I went to a few Broncos games when I was in college.  I used to love watching football.

After 9/11, I just don't see the point.  It all seems so frivolous.  I hate the players making asses of themselves on the field, and getting paid way too much to play a game.  

There just seems to be so much more important in the world to think about than football.

That said, I watch NASCAR, and I never have liked racing....  

nascar rules!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#26]
The free market can be a bitch.  Your only hope is for more people to adopt your attitude and force the prices down.  Since spectator sports fall just below 0 on my give-a-shit meter, I'm immune to the problem, but I'm not at all unsympathetic to it.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Could be worse. I doubt you'd be able to find a Packer ticket as cheap as $95. Most are at least in the $250 range

My Dad took me to 3-5 Packers games a season back in the 70's.
Tickets were 8-12 bucks, and  every hotel and bar in Green Bay had a block.

The players and coaches would WALK from Lambeau Field, across the parking lot, to the practice field.
You could walk along with them, chat and ask for autographs.
I met Bart Starr that way when I was around 9 or ten.
Bart stopped and talked to my Dad and I and stood for a few pictures.

Try to get that close to NFL players nowadays........

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Ticketmaster is now selling tickets (not on sale yet) starting at $30.00
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#30]
WOAI said this morning that ticket prices start at $30.  That's affordable for most people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top