Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 9:30:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#1]
What was that line from "Master and Commander"?

"What an incredibly advanced world we live in..."

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I love google earth

zoom in on Area 51. A damn big place that don't exist
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
oooo old pictures....i feel threatened....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
If the left hates it.......

It must be Good!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I love google earth

zoom in on Area 51. A damn big place that don't exist

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#6]
These images were sold to whomever and many are public anyway. What google did was to peice them together and make it easy to find locations. It does no more harm than it did before. People didn't know yuo can get these images before google was handing them out. Geez.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm having a blast with Google Earth right now. Thanks for telling me about it, I'd never heard of this site. "I can see my house from here!".
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Assholes STILL don't support Macs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm having a blast with Google Earth right now. Thanks for telling me about it, I'd never heard of this site. "I can see my house from here!".

Check out Washington and NYC in 3D.  I'm sure the 9-11 pilots would have loved this tool.  My house show clear as day.  I'd say most of the images are 2-3 years old.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#10]
google earth rocks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out Washington and NYC in 3D.  I'm sure the 9-11 pilots would have loved this tool.  My house show clear as day.  I'd say most of the images are 2-3 years old.

looked for my house and the neighorhood was not even there. 5 years old here
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

actually the google company slogan is "to not be evil".  So it's probably not because they're assholes, but that they just can't make it work on a Mac.  I'm promising you there's some poor programmer wasting his freetime trying to get it to work.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

homosexuality does have its drawbacks.

I wouldn't know, but I'll assume you speak from experience.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually the google company slogan is "to not be evil".  So it's probably not because they're assholes, but that they just can't make it work on a Mac.  I'm promising you there's some poor programmer wasting his freetime trying to get it to work.

Dude, if M$ can get that ABORTION called "Microsoft Office" to work on a Mac, then Google (which is comprised of the typical leftist geeks so often stereotyped as the classic Mac user) should be able to figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, if M$ can get that ABORTION called "Microsoft Office" to work on a Mac, then Google (which is comprised of the typical leftist geeks so often stereotyped as the classic Mac user) should be able to figure it out.

Mac users are some of the most bitter people on the planet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

...and just WTF is THAT supposed to mean, fucknozzle?

<---------- LIVR: Learned, Impartial, and Very Relaxed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Most publically available aerial imagery has minimum 1 meter pixels and is around 6 years old - that's from federal agencies. Local governments at times have true-color imagery with less than 1 foot pixels available online. The local sources are usually at least a couple of years old...I work with this stuff daily.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#19]
What a kick ass program!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Google earth is what, 2 to 4 times worse resolution than the pics almost any nation on earth can buy from the Russian Federation?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MS Orfice as written for Mac works better than the Windows counterpart, and it has been that way for 15 years.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#22]
tag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

MS Orfice as written for Mac works better than the Windows counterpart, and it has been that way for 15 years.  

No doubt about that....
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Question, how can I take an image off google earth and paste it in paint?  thanks for the help...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Long before google did this there was a site Terraserver.com that had pretty much the same info.  You can accomplish the same thing by renting a small plane and taking photos with your camera.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+10000000000
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Question, how can I take an image off google earth and paste it in paint?  thanks for the help...

If right-click, save-as is disabled, just take a screenshot and edit it with paint, PS, etc.

If you want to grab a large image, you can do this several times as you scroll through the image, then arrange them back together, again with Paint, PS, etc.

You may also be able to download a utility that allows you to grab a window that is bigger than your screen. I know there is one, I just can't remember the name of the damned thing right now. Grab-It?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If right-click, save-as is disabled, just take a screenshot and edit it with paint, PS, etc.

If you want to grab a large image, you can do this several times as you scroll through the image, then arrange them back together, again with Paint, PS, etc.

You may also be able to download a utility that allows you to grab a window that is bigger than your screen. I know there is one, I just can't remember the name of the damned thing right now. Grab-It?

excuse me for my illeteracy but "screenshot"?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

excuse me for my illeteracy but "screenshot"?

If you're on a PC, simply find a key with "PrtScrn" or something similar. You may have to use it in conjunction with SHIFT or something.

When you hit that function, the computer basically snaps a photo of your current screen and saves it on your hard drive, usually on the desktop. It's a graphic file you can edit. It's a handy little get-around to places that don't allow you to download their pics.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
fucknozzle

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would be too if you couldn't "Right Click."
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Long before google did this there was a site Terraserver.com that had pretty much the same info.  You can accomplish the same thing by renting a small plane and taking photos with your camera.  

Aerial photos of N. Korea and Iran?

I'll stick with Terraserver or Google Earth.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would be too if you couldn't "Right Click."

I use a contraband mouse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top