Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:58:58 AM EDT
Just wondering if they make tactical gear for fat people?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Ever been to a gun show?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are fat, why do you need "tactical" gear? Knee pads and a "Tactical" munitions vest aren't going

to save you if you're as big as a barn. But, they will make you a pretty spiffy looking corpse.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw a shoulder holster (underarm holster in this case) on a fella that must have weighed 600lbs. The straps looked like they were 10' long!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
But, they will make you a pretty spiffy looking corpse.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah.

They also make running shoes for them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah.

LMAO!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Is that one of those smoke guns?  Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah.

And as far as that picture goes, you can tell he has the "tactical" knowledge to go along with his

"tactical" hardware seeing as he is standing completely upright so as to minimize the visible target area

of his body.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is that one of those smoke guns?  Pretty cool.

Either that or some sort of weird bong.  See the mouthpiece near his face?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#11]
yes they do! www.treadmillreview.com
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah.

And as far as that picture goes, you can tell he has the "tactical" knowledge to go along with his

"tactical" hardware seeing as he is standing completely upright so as to minimize the visible target area

of his body.

It's one of the classics from the airsoft picture ridicule contest back when KangarooAR15A3 was around (he sponsored the contest).  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Unfortunatly yes, except for Multicam thank god
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's one of the classics from the airsoft picture ridicule contest back when KangarooAR15A3 was around (he sponsored the contest).  

what ever happened to Roo?????
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes they do, cops got to get gear somewhere….
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#17]
least he is willing to admit he is a keyboard commando, unlike alot of you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#18]
It isn't "PC" to use the "f" word.  Please use:  "Persons of extraordinary and plenipotentiary girth".
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If you are fat, why do you need "tactical" gear? Knee pads and a "Tactical" munitions vest aren't going

to save you if you're as big as a barn. But, they will make you a pretty spiffy looking corpse.

You will be just as dead if a fat dude puts one in your 5 ring as a skinny one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#20]

I think this wins the 'Best thread title ever' award......
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It isn't "PC" to use the "f" word.  Please use:  "Persons of extraordinary and plenipotentiary girth".

Negative, the correct description is "POS" (Person of Size).
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#22]
*sigh* I can see the maturity in most of these posts.

First off, I plan to do things with the tactical gear, why else would I want it.

If you have nothing positive to add to this thread, don't post. It isn't hard.

Anyone have any links or names where i can find bigger sized tac gear, and its not like I weigh 500 pounds, jeez.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yes they do, cops got to get gear somewhere….

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True... but I'm probably going to spot his heaving shoulders and labored breathing before he ever even

winces from my shot. It's hard to be "combat efficient" when you're fat... plain and simple.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
*sigh* I can see the maturity in most of these posts.

First off, I plan to do things with the tactical gear, why else would I want it.

If you have nothing positive to add to this thread, don't post. It isn't hard.

Anyone have any links or names where i can find bigger sized tac gear, and its not like I weigh 500 pounds, jeez.

You didn't say it was for you. It sounded like a typical juvenile question per the norm of this forum.

For what it's worth, I run about 280 and anything in XXL (48-52" chest) tends to fit me fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes. I've had to order a 64" riggers' belt from SOE for a customer. He's got plenty of room for mag pouches.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True... but I'm probably going to spot his heaving shoulders and labored breathing before he ever even

winces from my shot. It's hard to be "combat efficient" when you're fat... plain and simple.

According to you? I know you've seen how fat I am, or whether or not I can control my breathing, or if I have heaving shoulders. Who says I'd be running around? Who says I dont shoot you first, stop being an asshole for a second and either help me out and find some gear, or just stop posting.

I didn't ask to be picked on, I asked help to find some gear, I'm a fellow arfcommer, if you cant help me out without picking on me, then you're a sad individual.

There is more to people that appearances my friend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#29]
You guys are brutal.

I don't know how large you need, but Blackhawk and Eagle do go to XXL IIRC.

You can also find Royal Robbins Vests those sizes as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a 48" waist.  I'm about 6'0

I haven't seen any sizes on any tac gear sites I've been on!

I'll check out blackhawk and Royal Robbins, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#31]
most should have conversion charts for inches to sizes.

You are welcome
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

According to you? I know you've seen how fat I am, or whether or not I can control my breathing, or if I have heaving shoulders. Who says I'd be running around? Who says I dont shoot you first, stop being an asshole for a second and either help me out and find some gear, or just stop posting.

I didn't ask to be picked on, I asked help to find some gear, I'm a fellow arfcommer, if you cant help me out without picking on me, then you're a sad individual.

There is more to people that appearances my friend.

Whoa... calm down, trigger. I was talking to PanzerofDoom before he ran back into his world of

"Evercrack". I'm not trying to put you down at all. If anything, I'd rather motivate you to lose

weight so that you could better your quality of life.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah.

of his body.

Thats a large target upright or tits up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what ever happened to Roo?????

I don't know...I can't even get through to him via e-mail anymore.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Try this
www.hatch-corp.com/

Now, where are my damned combos?

HUNTER.

Don't you have the molle compatible snack-pouch?  You wouldn’t lose them if you did.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Just a note, there is a difference between being “heavy” and being “obese”.  Heavy personnel may not be as fast some lighter people but can or with training can have adequate cardio vascular ability to keep up in combat environments.  In general they do better in combat zones than real skinny guys because conditions that occur in combat normally mean a vast drop in weight (I lost almost 20 lbs in ODS and 30 lbs in OIF 1).  On the other hand the obese are not well suited to combat conditions because of a lack of conditioning.

The reason the military spends so much time on physical conditioning is that getting to fight is often the hardest part of the fight, and in shape troops do much better in the fight than those who aren’t in shape.  Also, despite what everyone thinks you spend most of your time patrolling, humping and moving around in a combat zone even when in an actual combat unit,  Shooting is a very small part of the job.    
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#38]
edited, wasnt cool
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm not in the military. It's for my own use. I can still be "tactical" just not as fast as people in better shape.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#40]
blackhawk calls theirs "husky"
plate carrier
commando recon chest harness
strike molle vest

also, i understand the guys who make the "wasatch"(?) make them huge...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

He just admits he may have a weight problem. I hope he takes care of it though. Dont seek clothing and equipment to fit you, thats not going to help you.

Seek to fit the clothing and equipment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
blackhawk calls theirs "husky"
plate carrier
commando recon chest harness
strike molle vest

also, i understand the guys who make the "wasatch"(?) make them huge...

I guess there are people that have some shred of decency leftin them.

Thank you very much sir, for the positive post! I'll check them out.
-David
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He just admits he may have a weight problem. I hope he takes care of it though. Dont seek clothing and equipment to fit you, thats not going to help you.

Well actually I think fat people having clothing that fits them benefits everybody considering the alternative.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#44]
The Wasatch is huge, it is meant to wear armor underneath.  Mine had room to spare with both a interceptor and plates on, so it may fit your needs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I admit I have a weight problem, but I want gear for now until I can lose the weight, the weight wont go away in a week :)

So in the meantime I want stuff that fits now. Dont post if you're an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Could someone tell me the name of the Wasatch maker, or however it's spelled/pronounced :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Could someone tell me the name of the Wasatch maker, or however it's spelled/pronounced :)

https://www.highspeedgearinc.com/
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I admit I have a weight problem, but I want gear for now until I can lose the weight, the weight wont go away in a week :)

Sorry buddy if you were a little more familiar with opinions here you would have already know a large proportion of the posters think fat people should be shot on sight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry buddy if you were a little more familiar with opinions here you would have already know a large proportion of the posters think fat people should be shot on sight.

But instead he sets himself up with a question like that and expects a different response. Watch how you ask the questions tuff guy, makes all the difference in the world. Personally I am barrel chested with big shoulders, not fat, not Arnold, just different than the some of the standard infantry guys, I have to pay attention to which packs and gear I buy as well. Just be careful how you ask your questions or you will be attacked every time, and being the new guy on the block, don’t start telling people the rules of posting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm sorry. I just can't help it. I post this 'cause I like ya

Jethro Tull - Fat Man
Don’t want to be a fat man,
People would think that I was
Just good fun.
Would rather be a thin man,
I am so glad to go on being one.
Too much to carry around with you,
No chance of finding a woman who
Will love you in the morning and all the night time too.
Don’t want to be a fat man,
Have not the patience to ignore all that.
Hate to admit to myself half of my problems
Came from being fat.
Won’t waste my time feeling sorry for him,
I seen the other side to being thin.
Roll us both down a mountain
And I’m sure the fat man would win.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top